Page 11 of 84 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: New Movie Casting Speculation Thread

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I don't recall her being immortal.

She COULD be immortal, but the show never said as much.
    In the "Origin of the Sorceress," Kodek Ungl specifically cautions Teela Na that if she chooses to become the Sorceress of Grayskull, that she will never be mortal again.

If The Sorceress is immortal (i.e., cannot be killed), what need is there for Teela?

Could she not live forever?

Co-Creator of the NV
    If The Sorceress is immortal (i.e., cannot be killed), what need is there for Teela?

The term "immortal" is frequently used to refer to someone who cannot die of natural means, so they basically won't die from old age, but doesnt' mean that they cannot be killed. So maybe that is how it was meant.

On the other hand, perhaps there are other reasons why they need replacements, that have never been explicitly stated in the cartoons, that have nothing to do with the death of the sorceress.

didn't Kodek Ungl say she was tired or something like that. I think that being the guardian wears one out...no doubt mentally. And as we learned in MYP King Hsss vemom was going to kill off the Sorceress eventually. So perhaps Darth is right...magic can do her in.

Vampires are immortal but they can be killed as well.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

I don't think that the Sorceress is immortal. I do think that she probably ages at a reduced rate, but she's not outright immortal.

She's probably like the elves from Lord of the Rings.
    "I'm not just crying for Hordak. I'm crying for the saddest thing I know - a wasted life. To be given that most precious gift - the gift of living, to do with as we choose. I'm crying, because this man has chosen to throw it away, and when he goes, nobody will care..." - She-Ra ( "My Friend, My Enemy")

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_He-Man View Post
    If she seems motherly in apperance, then she should act that way, shouldn't she?

What's the point of making the Sorceress look motherly if she's not going to have a Filmation-esque personality?

An older-looking lady who isn't very nice = not appealing to fans.

With the Sorceress, either go MYP (young looking, but more cold), or go Filmation (older looking, but warm and motherly), not with older, but cold... ugh...
    I disagree. I don't think she needs to be a terribly likeable character. I totally preferred her characterization in the MYP series. She was more distant and to me she felt realistic because of it. I can't imagine a person being in her situation who was as sugary sweet as the classic version.

On the other hand, I don't think that the sorceress should be a sexy character. She's not a character that I feel that I should be attracted to. As a consequence, I prefer her to look older.

I think that makes her more appealing than the other alternatives. I feel that due to her nature, she should not be sexy or particularly warm and cuddly.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I disagree. I don't think she needs to be a terribly likeable character. I totally preferred her characterization in the MYP series. She was more distant and to me she felt realistic because of it. I can't imagine a person being in her situation who was as sugary sweet as the classic version.

Would YOU take advice from someone who's angry, bitter, and borderline psychotic?

Would you trust someone who's stir-crazy as a result of spending years in isolation? Would you trust them with your life?

On the other hand, I don't think that the sorceress should be a sexy character. She's not a character that I feel that I should be attracted to. As a consequence, I prefer her to look older.

No one's suggesting she become a ****.

I think that makes her more appealing than the other alternatives. I feel that due to her nature, she should not be sexy or particularly warm and cuddly.

I disagree ...

I rather admired Filmation Sorceress's saintly demeanor. She seemed to transcend the suffering that she endured.

In that sense, I found it inspirational.
    Last edited by Mirage; October 1, 2007 at 07:41am.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Would YOU take advice from someone who's angry, bitter, and borderline psychotic?

Would you trust someone who's stir-crazy as a result of spending years in isolation? Would you trust them with your life?
    Honestly, I never felt that way when i watched her in MYP. She was cold and distant, but i wouldn't in any way think of her as borderline psychotic or even really angry. I felt that she was distant and very serious about the job.

If anything, I see her a little bit like Batman, whom I happen to think is one of the finest characters ever.

Honestly, I never felt that way when i watched her in MYP. She was cold and distant, but i wouldn't in any way think of her as borderline psychotic or even really angry. I felt that she was distant and very serious about the job.

If anything, I see her a little bit like Batman, whom I happen to think is one of the finest characters ever.

Batman isn't known for playing well with others.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Batman isn't known for playing well with others.
    He is known for people listening to him.

I don't think she needs to be much of a team player since she's not really active in the combat aspects of things.

He is known for people listening to him.

People listened to Filmation Sorceress.

Co-Creator of the NV
    People listened to Filmation Sorceress.
    I said why I don't like the filmation version, stating that it didn't seem realistic or likely to me given her circumstances. I also found the character to be totally bland and uninteresting.

I never claimed that they did not listen to her. Of course they did, that's how teh show was written.

My point in stating that people listen to batman is to show that a colder sorceress isn't likely to be ignored, not to prove that the classic version of the sorceress wasn't listened to.

I am actually inclined to think that peopel would listen to her regardless of her temperament and nature, simply because of her status.

I was just about to say: when did the MYP series ever portray the Sorceress as borderline psychotic?
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

I said why I don't like the filmation version, stating that it didn't seem realistic or likely to me given her circumstances. I also found the character to be totally bland and uninteresting.

You're right ... we're beating a dead horse.

Why must everything be dark, gritty, and "realistic"? We could use a little more light in the world right now.

I was watching Broken Arrow this morning and I thought Howie Long would've been a dead ringer for He-Man when he made that.

Howie Long was asked to play He-man but turned it down as he wanted to continue his football career. He obvioulsy changed his mind a few years later.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    to me the perfect combination would be taking the fantasy story elements of filmation, but using the battle idea of myp( i.e. a fight is an actual fight not deflecing lasers and mud baths)
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    Howie Long was asked to play He-man but turned it down as he wanted to continue his football career. He obvioulsy changed his mind a few years later.
    Dolph Lundgren was the only person considered for the role of He-Man. In fact, he was cast in the role before the project began.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Dolph Lundgren was the only person considered for the role of He-Man. In fact, he was cast in the role before the project began.
    Yeah I never heard the Howie Long story. Dolph was signed before anything else was even done basically as you mentioned above. It was always "He-Man with Dolph Lundgren" as far as I've heard and read.

The sequel could have been a different story though.

So I gather this is false... just like how everyone thought he was married to Terri Hatcher because of the Radio Shack commercials

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Boy View Post
    Nope, I've never heard of Howie Long being asked to play He-Man either.

Howie Long hasn't done anything in a few years and his last movie role was like 6 years ago [IMDB]. He's 47, I think he would be age-appropriate for a minor role like Randor or Stratos.
    ...and I'm spent...

Mandola [my band!]

You're right ... we're beating a dead horse.

Why must everything be dark, gritty, and "realistic"? We could use a little more light in the world right now.
    So true.

How about Garrett (Garret?) Hedlund for Prince Adam?
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Like in this picture of Michelle Ryan in FHM magazine?

That's not Michelle Ryan. And there's nothing wrong with Michelle Ryan, I might ad. She was the ONLY thing worth tuning into East Enders for!

Quote Originally Posted by Money$hot View Post
    Howie Long hasn't done anything in a few years and his last movie role was like 6 years ago [IMDB]. He's 47, I think he would be age-appropriate for a minor role like Randor or Stratos.
    Like I said, when he filmed Broken Arrow 11 YEARS AGO he could have been an exact double of He-Man. He had the exact looks, build and even the voice to fit the part exactly!

Nope! I distingtively remember reading it in a bodybuilding magazine when I was younger. Could've been Flex. Now weather that was lying, I don't know but I remember the article quite clearly even down to the image of Howie Long on his motorbike.
    I even remember my friend and I drawing He-man more like Long than Lundgren because I thought he would've been better.

For the supposed MOTU sequel, big wave surfer Laird Hamilton was approached. I only discovered that recently but that one I'll take with a pinch of salt.

Like in this picture of Michelle Ryan in FHM magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Evil View Post
    That's not Michelle Ryan.
    Call me the real name of this beautiful lady! Please!

Is she a model or an actress?

This is Michelle Ryan:

and this:

Last edited by Matt XIC; October 2, 2007 at 07:51am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost