Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2103

Thread: New Movie Casting Speculation Thread

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Christina Aguilera recently said that she was a fan of She-Ra. I'm starting to think she would be a good choice to play the role.
    great to look at, but unless it on a soundtrack(and even then thats up for debate) she shouldn't be any where a motu/pop film
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    I remember I suggested Brian Wade a few years back. But I think he's still a bit too american jock looking. Especially after seeing him in Generation Kill.

He's wouldn't be a bad choice though.

It's still all about Jesse Pavelka for the role of Adam/He-man.
    I agree, he's one of the people who might potentially make a good He-man. There's just no point coming up with a potential cast and picking someone who (to my knowledge) has already been chosen in someone elses, particularly when there's so many potential people who could fill each role. Just seems to defeat the object of the exercise.

Isn't Christina Aguilera too small to play She-Ra? Adora yes, She-Ra no. Even though alotta people don't think so, I think Beth Phoenix from the WWE would make a good She-Ra along side Jesse P. playing He-Man. She has the perfect combination of strength and beauty to play the role. To me, to play the part of the strongest man and woman in the universe, u need to look the part and they definitely fit the bill. As for everyone else (MAA, Teela, etc.), I defer to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    Isn't Christina Aguilera too small to play She-Ra? Adora yes, She-Ra no. Even though alotta people don't think so, I think Beth Phoenix from the WWE would make a good She-Ra along side Jesse P. playing He-Man. She has the perfect combination of strength and beauty to play the role. To me, to play the part of the strongest man and woman in the universe, u need to look the part and they definitely fit the bill. As for everyone else (MAA, Teela, etc.), I defer to the board.
    She-Ra needs to be at least 5'9" & built solidly enough that she can convince you that she can beat up a man twice her size in addition to being beautiful.
    It's great being Lord of the Thundercats - especially hanging out with Cheetara - but the one draw back is that He-Man can still beat me up.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post1993306
    Somewhere In Exo-Squad, a fan art by Matt Tyree (just in case you're curious)

Have a look, I think she fits the bill.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleyezon4 View Post
    Have a look, I think she fits the bill.
    No, she is too manly looking...
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Tricia Helfer for She-Ra!! That is all!

I'll take a glass of "YES PLEASE" on that!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post

I'll take a glass of "YES PLEASE" on that!
    A woman who has posed nude for Playboy is not going to be allowed anywhere near a movie produced to advertise toys to children.

She may have a nice body, but she is not going to be nude in the film, and her face is not nearly pretty enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    A woman who has posed nude for Playboy is not going to be allowed anywhere near a movie produced to advertise toys to children.

She may have a nice body, but she is not going to be nude in the film, and her face is not nearly pretty enough.
    The playboy bit I can agree with you on.
    The face being pretty enough is strictly personal opinion.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Tricia Helfer is pretty enough for me. She reminds me of Rita Hayworth. But as She-Ra? Man, that's just not an easy part to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Angelina Jolie, I am so tired of hearing her name, and when has she played a truly evil character?
    She was pretty darned evil, and hot, as Grendel's mother in Beowulf. I love Pfeiffer, but she's not Evil-Lyn to me. Neither is Jolie though, she's Catra if she's anyone.

You really should do some research dudes!!

You really should do some research dudes!!

That is a made for television movie, not a movie produced to advertise toys to children.

That is a made for television movie, not a movie produced to advertise toys to children.
    That's also a movie on a channel run by Disney. Disney used to be synonymous with family entertainment but now they're the company that fires actors who don't want to be involved in explicit sex scenes.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/03/no-s...eal-mcdonough/
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    That's also a movie on a channel run by Disney. Disney used to be synonymous with family entertainment but now they're the company that fires actors who don't want to be involved in explicit sex scenes.

That's nice, M. Bison got fired by M. Mouse! Shouldn't be any surprise since Disneyland > Shadowloo.

Kinda back on topic: I saw Jesse Pavelka talking about the five-year-old bodybuilder on Extra or whatever gossip rag show my wife was watching. It's the one with Niecy Nash. Anyway, Pavelka needs to be cast as He-Man ASAP. Even his voice would be perfect in a He-Man portrayal.

I'm very aware I'm stating the obvious.

Two of the conditions of the acquisition of the channel in question by ABC/Disney is that it would retain "Family" in its name, and it would continue to air "The 700 Club." Its current programming is not necessarily child-friendly.

Two of the conditions of the acquisition of the channel in question by ABC/Disney is that it would retain "Family" in its name, and it would continue to air "The 700 Club." Its current programming is not necessarily child-friendly.
    I didn't know. I haven't watched the Family Channel since before Fox was in charge of it. I just remember when anything with the word Disney on it was safe for any small children. If they wanted a place for more explicit fare, they always had Touchstone, Miramax, and other spinoff production companies.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I didn't know. I haven't watched the Family Channel since before Fox was in charge of it. I just remember when anything with the word Disney on it was safe for any small children. If they wanted a place for more explicit fare, they always had Touchstone, Miramax, and other spinoff production companies.
    Do not forget Disney's Pleasure Island at Walt Disney World Resort.

Do not forget Disney's Pleasure Island at Walt Disney World Resort.
    What is that, a brothel?

JOIN THE GROUP...

Well I've just proven you incorrect Adam_Prince of Eternia with former Playboy Playmate of the Year Jenny McCarthy is in a family movie on a family network.

Trecia Hefler isn't even a Playmate. She also does voices for cartoons including Spectacular Spiderman for WB Kids.

But ya know, argue away with it despite the above info.

God forbid folks admit to being wrong around here.

What is that, a brothel?
    It is a section of Walt Disney World Resort for adults.

Well I've just proven you incorrect Adam_Prince of Eternia with former Playboy Playmate of the Year Jenny McCarthy is in a family movie on a family network.

Trecia Hefler isn't even a Playmate. She also does voices for cartoons including Spectacular Spiderman for WB Kids.

But ya know, argue away with it despite the above info.

God forbid folks admit to being wrong around here.
    1. ABC Family is not necessarily a family network, and much of its programming is not child-friendly.
    2. "Santa Baby" and "Santa Baby 2" are not films produced to advertise toys to children.
    3. The voice of Trecia Hefler did not appear nude in Playboy, her body did.
    Last edited by Adam_Prince of Eternia; April 30, 2010 at 11:20am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    What is that, a brothel?
    It really is the magic kingdom.

1. ABC Family is not necessarily a family network, and much of its programming is not child-friendly.
    2. "Santa Baby" and "Santa Baby 2" are not films produced to advertise toys to children.
    3. The voice of Trecia Hefler did not appear nude in Playboy, her body did.
    Then please site example as you sound rather confident.

Lets be clear here.
    You are sayin that anyone who has ever posed in Playboy can never work in children's entertainment or a movie aimed at children.

If I were to find an example of a person who has posed in Playboy who has also worked in the childrens entertainment would you consceed?

Mr. Rogers was in an issue of PlayGirl in the 80's and I think I remember Sesame Street's Maria as a background actor in Deep Throat.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Then please site example as you sound rather confident.
    An example of what?

Lets be clear here.
    You are sayin that anyone who has ever posed in Playboy can never work in children's entertainment or a movie aimed at children.
    It is not a question of possibilities, but of probabilities.

If I were to find an example of a person who has posed in Playboy who has also worked in the childrens entertainment would you consceed?
    The standard of evidence depends on the nature of the claim.