Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: He-Man & She-Ra Pop Culture References and Appearances

Quote Originally Posted by CharlyZarkov View Post
    In GOTG2, when Star-Lord tells Ego what he’s going to make with his newfound powers, he mentions a giant statue of Skeletor.
    Peter Quill is indeed a man from the 80's… just like a lot of us are
    Well the character is born 1978 and grew up in the 80s you know.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Vintage He-Man and Man-at-Arms figures show up in Netflix' season 2 of Stranger Things. There may be others but that is all I noticed my first time through.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Maplestory NPC bares a bit of a resemblance to Orko.

http://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/Garnox

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar
    Inspired by Noelle Stevenson and the folks over at the Progressive of Power podcast, I was poking around at possible He-man related songs, and behold!

"Let's Go Slaughter He-Man (I Wanna Be The Beast-Man In The Masters Of The Universe)" (2017) by Finnish metal band Lordi is sung from the perspective of one of the Evil Warriors.

"Skeletor" (2016) by rapper Young Money, in which he sings "...my game is He-man stronger / doing all my victims like they Skeletor," a refrain which repeats in various iterations throughout.

"Skeletor" (2016) from the album "Sacrifice" by French-Canadian rapper Souldia. I can't understand spoken French, so maybe someone else can work that one out for us.

"Master of the Universe" (2011) from the album "Masters of the Universe" by Let's Get It, the second verse and chorus proclaim:

I'll keep my secret safe inside
    (They'll never know, they'll never know)
    Keep the evil force out of my mind
    From here until eternia
    This Grayskull passion's burning up
    Shed blood and sweat and tears
    Heart of a Battle Cat, I know they can't handle that
    By the power, let me shine

CHORUS:
    Can't stop me now, feeling like the Master of the Universe
    It's going down, gotta make this one better than before
    Why wait for your time, gotta make this one mine
    You got me now looking like the Master of the Universe

...so these are on my spotify now!
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Quote Originally Posted by Streamside View Post
    Inspired by Noelle Stevenson and the folks over at the Progressive of Power podcast, I was poking around at possible He-man related songs, and behold!

"Let's Go Slaughter He-Man (I Wanna Be The Beast-Man In The Masters Of The Universe)" (2017) by Finnish metal band Lordi is sung from the perspective of one of the Evil Warriors.

"Skeletor" (2016) by rapper Young Money, in which he sings "...my game is He-man stronger / doing all my victims like they Skeletor," a refrain which repeats in various iterations throughout.

"Skeletor" (2016) from the album "Sacrifice" by French-Canadian rapper Souldia. I can't understand spoken French, so maybe someone else can work that one out for us.

"Master of the Universe" (2011) from the album "Masters of the Universe" by Let's Get It, the second verse and chorus proclaim:

I'll keep my secret safe inside
    Keep the evil force out of my mind
    From here until eternia
    This Grayskull passion's burning up
    Shed blood and sweat and tears
    Heart of a Battle Cat, I know they can't handle that
    By the power, let me shine

CHORUS:
    Can't stop me now, feeling like the Master of the Universe
    It's going down, gotta make this one better than before
    Why wait for your time, gotta make this one mine
    You got me now looking like the Master of the Universe

...so these are on my spotify now!
    You may also wish to try "Skeletor Goes to Mars" by Theocracy.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    You may also wish to try "Skeletor Goes to Mars" by Theocracy.
    I haven't heard of any of these! Very cool.

And was there a separate thread mentioning He-Man's cameo in "Ready Player One"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    In Ready Player One i'm pretty sure that in the Archive scene, when we see young James Halliday, one of the toys on the room's floor is Castle Grayskull!!!

P.S. In Perez Hilton video...what is the red saddle on Panthor, that Horde Logo shaped thing?

Quote Originally Posted by vanalon View Post
    P.S. In Perez Hilton video...what is the red saddle on Panthor, that Horde Logo shaped thing?
    My guess is it's from the Hordak dress-up/costume set.

Quote Originally Posted by Alec77 View Post
    My guess is it's from the Hordak dress-up/costume set.
    Absolutely yes!!! Thank you,Alec I don't know nothing about this costume...
    Here it is!
    hordak.jpg

Once Upon a Deadpool Princess Bride Fred Savage scene recreation featuring he Man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCf03KXyzIg

Homestar Runner pulled a reference in one of their annual "dress everyone up in pop culture costumes for Halloween" episodes, this one's the 2014 one, "I Killed Pom Pom".

KOTRamMan.png

King of Town as Ram Man!

He-Man references in pop culture

Name some movies or TV shows that reference MOTU and all that?

The Gate (1987): Has one of the kids wearing a He-Man t-shirt.
    Silent Night Deadly Night: You can see a kite of Cringer with He-Man on top of him while the killer Santa is gonna murder that woman.
    The Princess Bride: Grizzlor action figure can be seen in Fred Savage's room.
    Ghostbusters II: Some of the kids at the birthday disappointed it was Ghostbusters than He-Man.
    Prancer: One of the boys who sat on Santa's Lap asked for a Skeletor action figure.
    The Real Ghostbusters Station Identification episode has a He-Man parody called Power Guy
    House (1985): The little boy has a Buzz-Off action figure.
    The Simpsons: The Front episode has Strondarr Master of Akham being a he-man parody.

MOTU pops up on Stranger Things at least twice; there's one time one of the characters (Eleven, I think?) turns on the TV and there's the familiar "I have the Power!" going on. And in another episode, Lucas' sister is messing with Lucas' figures.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    1990 animated pilot for Mattel's "Computer warriors":
    http://i.imgur.com/VWErcIF.jpg

Interesting how it's the vintage toy rather than NA one.
    Yup since Mattel worked on that

Quote Originally Posted by ninjor 9 View Post
    Anyone watch the Goldbergs? "Wonder years of the 80s" lots of Motu sightings . Even a whole episode about vintage toys grayskull USS Flagg ect.
    Love it and perfect show for us who grew up in that time

There is a switch game called Video Boy 80,s edition . The demo shows your character skateboarding past a HeMan riding Battlecat on the sidewalk .

I watched the MST3K version of the awful 1988 ET rip-off/95 minute Skittles/Mcdonalds/Coca-Cola cinematic commercial Mac and Me and briefly in Sears you can see some MOTU and POP stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    I watched the MST3K version of the awful 1988 ET rip-off/95 minute Skittles/Mcdonalds/Coca-Cola cinematic commercial Mac and Me and briefly in Sears you can see some MOTU and POP stuff.
    The new MST3K has made quite a few MOTU references. There's one where one of the robots (I think it's Crow) talks about hanging out with Clawful and his wife Clawdette. Apparently Clawful is a bad influence on Crow as Jonah tells him that he doesn't want him hanging around Clawful anymore.

There are plenty of others, too. Just can't remember them all off hand.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Awhile back, it was reported that Alan Oppenheimer was going to be voicing a character in Toy Story 4. Is there a small chance that Skeletor could show up??! https://revengeofthefans.com/2019/02...head-way-more/
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

UPDATE: Well, Skeletor didn't show up, but there was a "gossipy" reference to He-Man. LOL!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    UPDATE: Well, Skeletor didn't show up, but there was a "gossipy" reference to He-Man. LOL!
    My daughter even caught the reference and looked at me with a smile.

I was recently watching a Power Rangers Halloween-themed episode as part of a larger marathon, and one child was wearing a Mer-Man mask.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

So I saw "Spider Man Far from home" yesterday and in the credits it said "He-Man figurines owned by Mattel" or something along those lines.. I didn't see any in the movie though. This was weird.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Warrior

Spiderman far from home credit line:: he man masters of the universe figurines ..matt

I just saw spiderman and stayed until the end past credits to see the 2nd post ending. Prior to it my eyes cought the following credit almost the last lines: he man masters of the universe figurines courtesy of Mattel. Yet did not catch any he man toys in the movie, did anyone?

It's been confirmed that the scene featuring He-Man figures was cut from the final film. Not sure why it remained in the credits. Hopefully it will show up as a deleted scene on home video.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by poderuniverso View Post
    I just saw spiderman and stayed until the end past credits to see the 2nd post ending. Prior to it my eyes cought the following credit almost the last lines: he man masters of the universe figurines courtesy of Mattel. Yet did not catch any he man toys in the movie, did anyone?
    Apparently it was a scene not included in theatrical version.
    Fingers crossed for deleted-scenes when DVD/Blu-ray comes out.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!