Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: He-Man & She-Ra Pop Culture References and Appearances

Heroic Warrior
    Ah thank you. It's going to be a long wait. I wander if it was some kinda pro.ition to their movie being Sony.

I can't believe it's 14 years since I started this topic and it's still around today! I'd forgotten all about it, but what a difference there is these days, from the Honda and money supermarket ads to the goldbergs, the "in universe" cartoons the turtles would watch on the last reboot, , and references in YouTube videos that are about entirely different subjects, I see he man and she ra references everywhere. It was a lot rarer back in the 200x days, even though that's my favourite era. I forget sometimes how underground and forgotten this property became compared to today

Sent from my KOB-L09 using Tapatalk

In Kengan Ashura anime on netflix there's a fighter in episode 10, who highly resembles He-Man/Adam. His looks are pretty much the same and he's got a cross necklace, which reminded me of He-Man's cross on his harness.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

A MOBA game I play, "Awesomenauts", has two MotU-themed costumes for characters:

Skree (normally an alien shaman) has a "Skreelator" outfit, making him look a bit like Skeletor. Even though he gets a new voice pack for this one, his only Skeletor-related reference in quotes is "You try my patience, witch!" for a death quote.

The better and heavier-referenced outfit is for Nibbs (a dragon), she has a "Battle Nibbs" costume that gives her Battle Cat's stripes and armor, along with a Zurian (a kind of mini Grey-like alien) dressed like He-Man. A few quotes referenced this time, your basic "honor of Greyskull"-esque references, along with "we have the power", and even a "Fabulous Secret Powers" reference thrown in, too! Nibbs' teleport orb ability also ends up looking like Orko in this form, too.

The game itself is a love letter to 80s cartoons in its style, so it makes sense that they'd grab some MotU-related stuff for references.

Heroic Warrior
    Anybody ok now about the spiderman credits and the credits mentioning mattel motu?

Heroic Warrior
    I just saw Spider-Man: Far From Home Extended Version at the theater and spotted He-Man among some action figures that Peter was selling to get some money for s gift for MJ. I thought that was an interesting sight to see.

Quote Originally Posted by spiritgunner View Post
    I just saw Spider-Man: Far From Home Extended Version at the theater and spotted He-Man among some action figures that Peter was selling to get some money for s gift for MJ. I thought that was an interesting sight to see.
    nice catch!
    didn't noticed about that
    was it the vintage or the motuc one?
    MOTU still a pop culture milestone, amazing times to be fan of the property
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    nice catch!
    didn't noticed about that
    was it the vintage or the motuc one?
    MOTU still a pop culture milestone, amazing times to be fan of the property
    To answer your question, I believe it was the vintage version that I saw. I thought that it was pretty cool to see it in the movie.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi

"So, good people defend stupid people? Then good people become Batman."--Leo Holt

Wander over Yonder S2 EP 23

I found a MOTU / Brave Starr parody .

You can watch it in bits and pieces on You Tube or the full toon on any of the internets innumerable and very questionable websites

maxresdefault.jpg

I thought I am the only one noticing when i chance up to this cartoon show.There are lots of skeletor parody including the filmation skeletor trademarked laughing with the both arms raised.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!