Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaare Andrews Q&A - Post your questions here!

Kaare Andrews Q&A - Post your questions here!

Impressed by Kaare's digital storyboard pitch for a new He-Man movie?
    Want to ask him questions about his process, his ideas on He-Man, etc?
    Well, now's your chance!

Post your question for Kaare in this thread.

Remember that this was only a pitch by Kaare and his team.
    His video is not officially attached to the movie.

Please only post 1 question for now.
    As we wrap up the thread, which will be on December 1st, I'll let people ask additional questions if a question you really wanted to ask didn't get asked by someone else.

Important:
    Don't repeat someone else's question!
    That means, read the other questions asked before you prior to posting.
    This helps keep our workload down in compiling the Q&A, and it may help you think of a different question to ask that you might not have considered before.

Thanks!

Wow, this is awesome. A Q&A with a Kaare Andrews is a fantastic idea! Whoever thought of this is a genius!

MY question:

Does he have a script or treatment written? (NOT by Justin Marks, but his own.)
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    is there anything from the various versions (story elements or characters) of the story that your really have no liking too and would never include in the film
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

MANY of us here were simply BLOWN AWAY by your MOTU teaser-trailer and feel that you've presented an IDEAL vision (or rather glimpse) of what the next live-action MOTU movie should LOOK and FEEL like and which CLASSIC elements to include (i.e. Skeletor's Bone Throne, Teela's Cobra Staff, Roton...)

MANY of us here ALSO believe that Justin Marks' vision of MOTU (per his Toyfair #125 interview) is also IDEAL and even quite similar...

And so it would also seem that the TWO of you would make a GREAT TEAM in creating the next live-action MOTU film(s).

What are your thoughts on collaborating with Mr. Marks?
    No comment.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    The music from the original Filmation-series really had a certain catchiness to it. What sort of music would you have envisioned for the opening credits?

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    Would your story include elements from all three versions of the MotU (Classic, NA and 200x) or would you mostly focus on the latest version?
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein

a question

Firstly, let me say FANTASTIC JOB, Mr. Andrews! We were truly blown away.

My question is: what would be your ideal basic charachter developments ?
    I'm not asking for any spoilers, but merely what your vision entails.
    I.e. do you want to tell a specific origin story (like The Elders, keldor , or king greyskull), or just a more general introduction/plot of the Masters of the Universe?

thanks for doing this and thanks for your time!
    We fanss really appreciate it!
    AWESOME TRADERS:
    Sammy Banderas/jcb1973/Troy-Klops/Mystical musician/Daviono1089

MY .ORG FEEDBACK

MY EBAY FEEDBACK

"I Do hope you don't bruise easily He-Man!"
    ~Stevetor~

First let me say your work impressed me greatly. My question is what characters do/would you have in mind for a potential treatment.

What, if any, were Warner Bros. and/or Mattel's thoughts on your pitch for the movie?

Heroic Warrior Savage Beast Man's Avatar
    No question. I just want to wish you all the best and thank you for trying to bring us this excellent project.
    In the jungles of Eternia you must beware, or you'll fall into the claws of the Savage Beast Man.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Where did your interest in Masters of the Universe come from? Were you a fan of the cartoon series (either the 80's or the newer version), a fan of the toys, a fan of the comics, or none of these?

Just curious.

Fantastic job with the trailer you created! I definitely would love to see your ideas in a movie.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Mr. Andrews - you have been my favourite comic artist since X-Men Unlimited #37. I am always impressed with your ability to create images that are genre pieces (manga, children's books, fairy tales, noir, Dark Knight Returns homages etc.) and comics that feel like artworks and literature with a purpose rather than serialised pulp.

With that in mind, what sort of genre were you thinking your Masters of the Universe treatment would fall into - are there any particular sources that you were thinking of drawing from, or specific similar works that would help us better envisage your film?

Considering the awesome designs of the Four Horsemen... would you consider trying to stay as true to the characters look and feel in terms of design? (I ask because Teela and Man-E-Faces were not instantly recognisable to some)
    Thank-you
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior

question

For me the real He-man saga was all about the rough barbaric meets sci-fi world that came alive in the first 4 mini comics and the box art of the original vehicles, beasts and playsets.

Question: How much does your vision leans toward the original concept where he-man was just... he-man, a savage, cunning warrior and not a whimpy prince in disguise surrounded by a floating jester and a cowardly tiger?

Cheers,

onthoofder

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Hi there, here is my question:

In the original he-man movie there were new characters introduced (blade/saurod and gwildor and i guess mainly to boost sales for mattel). In this movie would there be a new line up of characters for the younger generations. Or would the movie have only the already and many too choose from line up of characters that the older fan base grew up with. Personally i would like to see characters like whiplash, two-bad, clawful and man-e-faces too name a few used. Especially with the technology of costume designs these days a two-bad would be sick. Thankyou for your time.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Widget
    Great job on the teaser, love it. Hoping we can stick with partial classic story ( I love the whole idea about the 2 power sword halves finally have a true meaning) & mostly concentrating on the new story line presently because the classic stories were very vague. Example: (the whole Queen Marlena coming from earth was not cool!)
    My Question:
    If this movie does go to the big screen, what year can we expect the movie to come out & how long would it or each movie be (if there will be more than 1 movie)?

If the first film is successful, do you see yourself extending the canon to include the likes of She-Ra and the Evil Horde?

Thanks for the opportunity - and, yes, great teaser!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

Am I gonna see some chemistry, love interest/angst/action between Teela, Adam/he-Man.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Co-Creator of the NV
    Would She-Ra be involved in this or any future movie?

Teela's quest for her mother is as much a part of MOTU as He-Man's story.

Can we expect to see it as a possible plotline in this film?

Hello Mr Andrews,

Thank you for doing this for the fan base.

My question is are there any "MotU" characters that you really would not want to include in a "MotU" movie? I guess I mean characters that for whatever reason you think would not translate to your vision of "MotU"?

Thank you again.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Please, give the Toy Power Podcast a chance: Here we speak with Brian Flynn, owner of Super7 https://omny.fm/shows/toy-power/113-...-power!podcast.

Hello Mr. Andrews,

Big fan of all your Hulk covers. What version of Castle Greyskull, Snake Mountain and the Royal Palace do you prefer 200x or Filmation?

Thank You

Dear Andrews,
    Like everyone else mentioned before great job on the teaser. much appreciated that a fan wanted to make sure they wanted to see a good he-man movie made as much as the rest of us.

where you trying to go for a war type movie like Lord of the rings return of the king sort of vibe in your teaser?
    Men who crave power, look back on all their mistakes, pile them all together and call it destiny.- Sorceress

Good Journey- Eternian saying
    Review of 2002 Image comics Masters of the universe Vol 1 #1 of 4: Here
    Trodorne's Masters Of The Universe Heroclix board. Here.
    Masters Of the Universe Heroclix Custom Dials. Here

Hello mr. Andrews.

If you were to be involved with the new movie, would you stay true to the origin MYP gave Keldor/Skeletor and He-man/Adam?
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

One thing I really liked about the 1987 movie was that Skeletor had his own army. This made him seem more powerful to me as a kid, and much more of a threat to the heroes. Will Skeletor in the new movie(s) have an army of troops in addition to his regular band of evil warriors?