Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: 1986-Present

The Go-Go's have entered the Top 5 and I intend to keep them there!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The Go-Go's have entered the Top 5 and I intend to keep them there!
    That's great, Mikey! I hope they continue to do well.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'll just observe on my "favorite" musicians and bands in the list. it's not like an end game race competition for me, Those nominees and candidates will always continue making music for the fans.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Heroic Warrior
    Iíll continue to listen to the music I like. To me lists like this are a bit pointless. Iím a huge Cher fan and I buy her albums, see her movies but Iím not petitioning for her to win awards or trying to convert people into loving her. If she wins awards great for her. But she won an Oscar and used it as a doorstop for many years. I canít say other than this thread Iíve never taken any notice of the rock n roll of fame. Iím sure my list of greatest songs ever vastly differs from the Rolling Stone magazine top 100 greatest songs of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Thanks Uki! It's not so much about the award itself, it's more about seeing my beloved Go-Go's achieve the respect and accolades they deserve so much. I intend to campaign just as hard for The Bangles too when their turn for glory comes.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    THE 2021 ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME NOMINEES BREAKDOWN

16 NOMINEES
    10 SOLO NOMINEES
    6 BAND NOMINEES

35 MEMBERS OF BANDS NOMINATED
    10 SOLO ARTISTS NOMINATED

4 SOLO BLACK WOMEN NOMINATED
    3 SOLO BLACK MEN NOMINATED
    2 SOLO WHITE WOMEN NOMINATED
    1 SOLO WHITE MAN NOMINATED

4 ALL-WHITE MALE GROUPS NOMINATED
    1 ALL-WHITE FEMALE GROUP NOMINATED
    1 MIXED-RACE MALE GROUP NOMINATED

45 INDIVIDUALS NOMINATED
    34 MEN NOMINATED
    11 WOMEN NOMINATED

36 WHITE NOMINEES
    9 BLACK NOMINEES

29 WHITE MEN NOMINATED
    7 WHITE WOMEN NOMINATED
    5 BLACK MEN NOMINATED
    4 BLACK WOMEN NOMINATED

36 LIVING NOMINEES
    9 DEAD NOMINEES

21 LIVING WHITE MALE NOMINEES
    7 LIVING WHITE FEMALE NOMINEES
    4 LIVING BLACK MALE NOMINEES
    4 LIVING BLACK FEMALE NOMINEES

8 DEAD WHITE MALE NOMINEES
    1 DEAD BLACK MALE NOMINEE
    0 DEAD WHITE FEMALE NOMINEES
    0 DEAD BLACK FEMALE NOMINEES

THE NOMINATED MEMBERS OF THE BANDS NOMINATED
    FOR THE 2021 ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME

1. Carole King
    2. Tina Turner
    3. Dionne Warwick
    4. Todd Rundgren
    5. Chaka Khan
    6. Kate Bush
    7. Fela Kuti (DEAD)
    8. LL Cool J
    9. Mary J. Blige
    10. Jay-Z

New York Dolls

1. David Johansen (1971-1976: Vocals; Harmonica)
    2. Sylvain Sylvain (1971-1976: Guitar; Bass; Piano) DEAD
    3. Johnny Thunders (1971-1975: Guitar; Vocals) DEAD
    4. Arthur Kane (1971-1975: Bass) DEAD
    5. Billy Murcia (1971-1972: Drums) DEAD
    6. Jerry Nolan (1972-1975: Drums) DEAD

Iron Maiden

1. Steve Harris (1979-Present: Bass)
    2. Dave Murray (1979-Present: Guitar)
    3. Adrian Smith (1979-1990; 1999-Present: Guitar)
    4. Clive Burr (1979-1982: Drums) DEAD
    5. Paul Di'Anno (1979-1981: Vocals)
    6. Dennis Stratton (1979-1980: Guitar)
    7. Bruce Dickinson (1981-1993; 1999-Present: Vocals)
    8. Nicko McBrain (1982-Present: Drums)
    9. Janick Gers (1990-Present: Guitar)

Devo

1. Bob Casale (1978-2014: Guitar; Keyboards) DEAD
    2. Gerald Casale (1978-Present: Vocals; Bass; Synthesizers)
    3. Bob Mothersbaugh (1978-Present: Vocals; Guitar)
    4. Mark Mothersbaugh (1978-Present: Vocals; Guitar; Keyboards)
    5. Alan Myers (1978-1986: Drums) DEAD

The Go-Go's

1. Belinda Carlisle (1981-Present: Lead Vocals)
    2. Charlotte Caffey (1981-Present: Guitar; Keyboards; Backing Vocals)
    3. Kathy Valentine (1981-Present: Bass; Backing Vocals)
    4. Jane Wiedlin (1981-Present: Guitar; Backing Vocals)
    5. Gina Schock (1981-Present: Drums; Backing Vocals)

Rage Against The Machine

1. Tom Morello (1992-Present: Guitar)
    2. Zack de la Rocha (1992-Present: Vocals)
    3. Tim Commerford (1992-Present: Bass)
    4. Brad Wilk (1992-Present: Drums)

Foo Fighters

1. Dave Grohl (Vocals; Guitar: 1995-Present)
    2. Nate Mendel (Bass: 1995-Present)
    3. Pat Smear (Guitar: 1995-1997, 2010-Present)
    4. Taylor Hawkins (Drums: 1997-Present)
    5. Chris Shiflett (Guitar: 2000-Present)
    6. Rami Jaffee (Keyboards: 2017-Present)
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    THE 2021 ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME NOMINEES BREAKDOWN

The Go-Go's

1. Belinda Carlisle (1981-Present: Lead Vocals)
    2. Charlotte Caffey (1981-Present: Guitar; Keyboards; Backing Vocals)
    3. Kathy Valentine (1981-Present: Bass; Backing Vocals)
    4. Jane Wiedlin (1981-Present: Guitar; Backing Vocals)
    5. Gina Schock (1981-Present: Drums; Backing Vocals)
    Naturally I am campaigning hard every day for my beloved Rock Goddesses, I am confident about The Go-Go's chances for success and in time The Bangles will also be so honoured. I wish everyone else luck, but I am going to be honest and declare my full support for the bands I love best.

Now I feel bad that only David Johansen going to pick up the award alone. Those people in New York Dolls were influential for the Punk and 80's movement.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

The Go-Go's are edging slowly but surely toward fourth place!

I hope you achieve your goal. You are very dedicated and I don’t want to discourage you, but I read some recent comments by nominee Todd Rundgren calling the fan vote a “scam”.

Also, considering the amount of PR work you do for them, the band should buy you a new lap top. If the broken lap top didn’t slow you down, no doubt you’d have them at the #1 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I hope you achieve your goal. You are very dedicated and I donít want to discourage you, but I read some recent comments by nominee Todd Rundgren calling the fan vote a ďscamĒ.
    I rather have Mikey and the fans vote for their favorite artists. those previous voting system were plague by rich Hamptom Patrick Bateman Baby Boomer Yuppie people thinking that Yacht Rock is the ultimate and only Rock and Roll music after Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Now I feel bad that only David Johansen going to pick up the award alone. Those people in New York Dolls were influential for the Punk and 80's movement.
    It's a real shame. I honestly think that without the Dolls, there would have been no Ramones and no Sex Pistols, thus no punk at all. And like their buddies The Ramones, all the founding members (except Johansen) mostly died at relatively young ages:

Sylvain Sylvain: Cancer, age 69
    Johnny Thunders: drug use and leukemia, age 38
    Killer Kane: leukemia, age 55
    Billy Murcia: overdose/asphyxiation, age 21
    Rick Rivets: possible suicide, age 54
    Jerry Nolen: pneumonia, age 38
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I hope you achieve your goal. You are very dedicated and I donít want to discourage you, but I read some recent comments by nominee Todd Rundgren calling the fan vote a ďscamĒ.

Also, considering the amount of PR work you do for them, the band should buy you a new lap top. If the broken lap top didnít slow you down, no doubt youíd have them at the #1 spot.

I don't care about the "scam", if there's any way to help my beloved Go-Go's, I must and will take any steps necessary.

I am actually going to see Belinda Carlisle solo live next year again (for the second time) and hopefully one day, I will get to see Charlotte Caffey, Jane Wiedlin, Kathy Valentine and Gina Schock too.

I saw The Bangles many years ago (Susanna Hoffs, Vicki & Debbi Peterson) with Abby Travis filling in for the retired Michael Steele on bass, and I would love to see them again one day too.

I saw The Bangles many years ago (Susanna Hoffs, Vicki & Debbi Peterson) with Abby Travis filling in for the retired Michael Steele on bass, and I would love to see them again one day too.
    Have you seen Vicki Peterson in Redd Kross? I thought that was her in Redd Kross cover of Carpenter's Yesterday Once More.

Have you seen Vicki Peterson in Redd Kross? I thought that was her in Redd Kross cover of Carpenter's Yesterday Once More.
    Redd Kross has worked with several members of The Go-Go's and The Bangles, Charlotte Caffey is actually the wife of Jeff McDonald, and Anna Waronker is married to Stephen McDonald.

Redd Kross has worked with several members of The Go-Go's and The Bangles, Charlotte Caffey is actually the wife of Jeff McDonald, and Anna Waronker is married to Stephen McDonald.
    Okay, now I'm the dumb one.

Okay, now I'm the dumb one.
    You're not dumb, I just have an encyclopedic knowledge of all things to do with The Go-Go's, The Bangles and my other favourite artists, right down to their birthdates and middle names!

Blaze Bayley Doesn't Care He Was Excluded From Iron Maiden's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nomination

https://loudwire.com/blaze-bayley-do...all-exclusion/

Blaze Bayley Doesn't Care He Was Excluded From Iron Maiden's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nomination

I just really want to hear Bruce Dickinson comment! Will he pour more gasoline on the raging fire he started, or will he bend over?

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    It's a real shame. I honestly think that without the Dolls, there would have been no Ramones and no Sex Pistols, thus no punk at all.
    Plus they were the prototype for KISS (or by some accounts, KISS who were local to their scene "borrowed" a lot), not to mention the glam hard rock of the Sunset Strip in the late 70's that would give way to 80's hair metal.

If the R&R Hall of Fame was really about rock music, they would have been in a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

One of the very few times I agree with R&R HOF policy. No knock on Blaze and people who enjoyed those albums, but history was made with the Di'Anno and Dickinson albums in the 80's. It says he was surprised that Dennis Stratton is on the nomination since he only played on the first album, but I agree he should be on there, that's an important Maiden album.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck Mikey, I know how much this means to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Granamyr's Helmet View Post
    Plus they were the prototype for KISS (or by some accounts, KISS who were local to their scene "borrowed" a lot), not to mention the glam hard rock of the Sunset Strip in the late 70's that would give way to 80's hair metal.

Good luck Mikey, I know how much this means to you!

Thanks Granamyr's Helmet, I have many favourite musicians and bands, but The Go-Go's and The Bangles are top of my favourites list. As pioneers of women in rock, they deserve this honour.

- - - Updated - - -

The Go-Go's are inching ever closer hot on the heels of Iron Maiden, and I will be delighted when Belinda, Charlotte, Jane, Kathy and Gina pass into fourth place together (no offence to Iron Maiden fans).

I would love to have one of these official ballots to fill in and send. Anything to help my beloved Go-Go's achieve *first*!!

As for second to fifth place votes, I have been voting for Chaka Khan, Dionne Warwick, LL Cool J and Todd Rundgren. Chaka and Dionne are legends too, and Chaka appears on a Christmas CD I have with Jon Peter Lewis. LL Cool J played Queen Latifah's love interest in the delightful comedy Last Holiday, and two of Todd's songs were covered by Susanna Hoffs and Matthew Sweet.

Fela Kuti and Tina Turner have been going back and forth on the # 1 and # 2 spots for the past 24 hours.

https://vote.rockhall.com/results/

My beloved Go-Go's are edging closer to fourth place, so I am going to double my efforts on their behalf. I will help Belinda Carlisle, Charlotte Caffey, Jane Wiedlin, Kathy Valentine and Gina Schock achieve the love and glory they deserve, and in time I shall do the same for Susanna Hoffs, Vicki & Debbi Peterson and Michael Steele. Michael only appeared as a vocalist on three of the five Bangles albums, and as a bass guitarist on four of them, but she deserves to share in the accolades as well.