Thread: 2008 Toy Fair, Barbie as Wonder Woman, Super Girl, and Bat Girl.

2008 Toy Fair, Barbie as Wonder Woman, Super Girl, and Bat Girl.

See what Mattel decided to do with Barbie made for the adult collector. I think they did a really good job. Just imagine how cool She-Ra would be. It's just got to be a matter of time before they eventually make her. I mean they have made bat girl, super girl and wonder woman, all of whom are super hero's that they don't actually own. (I think)

She-Ra is there own in house heroine and is equally as powerful as any of these gals, if not way more so. Come on Mattel even if is only a small run you have got to give She-Ra this treatment. She is your baby, more so than these other chicks. REMEMBER FAMILY COMES FIRST.

http://www.barbiecollector.com/news/...l2008line.aspx

Hefty Smurf, I haven't seen you posting in a while. But, if you see this check it out, you are gonna love these girls.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Yeah really. She-Ra needs to be leading the superhero Barbie pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Yeah really. She-Ra needs to be leading the superhero Barbie pack!
    I think it could work as well. These dolls show they could easily make She-Ra. They are targeted towards adult collectors so would be produced in smaller numbers at a heigher price than Barbies aimed at little girls: which need to sell in much higher numbers. Finally, they could probably make her in Filmation dress as they have purchased the rights to do this before when they really wanted to. I am sure they would easily be able to cut a deal with Entertainmnet Rights, Mattel are after all one of E.R's main partners.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Has anyone ever noticed that Black Canary doesn't have any bird like elements in her costume, and that she looks like a biker themed stripper? Which is kind of unusual for DC characters whose costumes are usually more innocent.

Black Canary

This will probably sound really stupid but untill this afternoon I didn't even know that she was a super hero. I just thought she was some random biker chick that Mattel had made. I have never even heard of this gal before I saw this Barbie doll.
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 25, 2008 at 02:35pm.

Isn't this what modern-day Black Canary looks like, though?

E-Mail responce from Barbie / Mattel

Hi everyone,

I emailed Barbie Collectors, found on the Mattel website, yesterday about their 2008 Toy Fair super hero additions to the Barbie franchise: complementing them on their efforts and inquired as to why She-Ra was not included in this line up.

http://www.barbiecollector.com/news/...l2008line.aspx

I got a response, but it was vague (as per usual with Mattel). Maybe if other She-Ravers and He-Fans (if they wanted to) sent e-mails to these guys in a similar way there would possibly be a greater chance that She-Ra might eventually get made. There's always a chance it could happen, especially considering these are a novelty item sold at higher prices than normal Barbies.

Below are copies of the e-mail I sent and the response I received today. Check it out and see what you think and if it’s worth encouraging other orgers to e-mail these guys to increase She-Ra's chances of getting the Barbie treatment.

Original Message Follows

Hi Mattel,

just an e-mail to say that I think your Bat Girl, Super Girl and Wonder Woman 2008 Toy Fair dolls are amazing.

I am a member at www.He-Man.org. I have linked these pictures to the website as I know many fans are going to want to know why you have not made She-Ra as well?

All of these gals are super cool, but the coolest female super hero of them all, your very own brain child She-Ra had not been included. She would have gone so perfectly with this line up. I really hope that at some point you do consider giving her the Barbie treatment to put this right!!!!!!!!!!.

I know that there might be some rights issues you need to iron out, but She-Ra is your very own baby Mattel! Your very own heroine! I am supprised and shocked that she has not been includede in a line up like this.

Its always good to spread the love, and you have done an outstanding job with these DC girls but remember family always comes first. Show She-Ra some of the love that she so rightfuly deserves from you, as leader of the super hero barbie dolls. You never know her twin brother, the almighty He-Man might find out about how is sister has not been invited to the party and then you would really be in for some trouble in toy land! LOL.

I dont' expect an e-mail back! However, it would be lovely if someone did reply! At the very least please foward my comment to someone who would be intrested to hear my oppinion either way. I have after all taken the time out of my day to contact you. I so want for my little nieces' to have their very own Barbie She-Ra. I have just recently bought the She-Ra Princess of Power BCI DVD releases and my girls are just crazy over She-Ra. Please help me.

Thanks

T. O' Callaghan

Their Responce

Dear T. O' Callaghan,

Thank you for writing to share your enthusiasm for Barbie CollectorŽ. We appreciate your compliments and the time you have taken to share them with us. We will be certain to forward your comments to others on our staff.

We are also complimented by your request to add She-Ra to our product line. Our internal design team creates all of our products, including our dolls and accessories. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us and we will be happy to record your request.Your comments and insights help us determine if we are meeting the needs and interests of the collectors we serve.

Again, thank you for your support of Barbie Collector!

Sincerely,

Barbie(R) Collector Customer Service
    Phone: 1-800-491-7514
    Hours: Monday - Sunday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. Central Time
    E-mail address: [email protected]
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 25, 2008 at 02:42pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Their Responce
    Dear T. O' Callaghan,

Thank you for writing to share your enthusiasm for Barbie CollectorŽ. We appreciate your compliments and the time you have taken to share them with us. We will be certain to forward your comments to others on our staff.

We are also complimented by your request to add She-Ra to our product line. Our internal design team creates all of our products, including our dolls and accessories. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us and we will be happy to record your request.Your comments and insights help us determine if we are meeting the needs and interests of the collectors we serve.
    Wow.. They actually emailed back. That's something. A+ for effort regardless Angel.. But we all know how things work.. You'd need several thousand to email before they'd think of it.. Or the right person reading it.. My sister actually wrote mattel a letter asking if they could make a brunette doll and name it after her.. then they came out with the Generation girl Laura.. My sisters name is Lauren.. but my point is if you get the right person reading the email on their end, sometimes things happen.
    Or.. in the case of Lady Lovely Locks.. you get my mom writing them for replacement neck joints or to atleast make the new ones stronger.. and they cancel the line Just need to make sure the ones who'll make things are listening anyway

Wicket

They've done Wonder Woman, Batgirl and Supergirl before. These are little more high end though.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Yeah, that Wonder Woman is very pretty.
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

"If I were a vegetable I'd be a radish because I'm only kind of rad."

Let's try to imagine the She-Ra line.