Thread: Pizzazz Misfits Doll WIP

Pizzazz Misfits Doll WIP

Well after getting all the rest f the pieces to this retro puzzle I am creating (the Obitsu green wig and shoes). I can finally show a work in progress of my Pizzazz doll. I wanted to create a Pizzazz custom using the very cool Obitsu ball jointed dolls. So I got the 27cm doll body. Vintage Pizzazz doll accessories (dress, wristband, guitar, patties, sock and sash) were used along with Obitsu wig and magnetic shoes (used to stay on metal base but she stands very good on her own). See the pictures below
    Now my problem was doll size and clothes didn't match (since Jem dolls were different size that ost dolls 12"). So I will have to alter the sock and dress to fit more form fitting. The hair needs to be shorter and styled to be more Pizzaz-like. Then the face needs to be painted and with a Pizzazz doll this will be tasking and most likely the last part I will do. Then I will be done. I plan on working on a Synergy using Obitsu’s clear doll body as my next JEM project. I also have ideas about doing She-Ra and Wonder Woman dolls too! Done right these bodies would make an interesting She-Ra!

For more info and prices on Obitsu or any Japanese ball jointed dos here are a few links:
    http://www.junkyspot.com/
    http://www.abjds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134
    http://stores.ebay.com/Mimi-Collection
    Also a warning this hobby can get expensive which is why I went for the middle of the road with body prices. Now here are the pics:

Last edited by PIZZAZZ; March 16, 2008 at 05:13am.

Well she's looking amazing so far! I cannot wait until you fit those clothes and slap on some outrageous make-up! I want one so badly! I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread.

LOL yeah my wife collects BJD's i know all to well how pricey they can get!!!

You might want to check out den of angels website to. They can be a little "catty" on how things "are supposed to be" but they are very informitive. Also my wife orders things from a little shop here in michigan and they are called. toy harbor and are in traverse city michigan. Ill get the website from her as its not the toyharbor.com as you would think. I know she got a great deal on a pair of shoes from there for like $20 and off of ebay they were going for about $50. They also have a few MISB jem dolls and a few transformers straight from japan. But it is a VERY small shop.

never mind found the link in an old post i did http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/
    It's not what you ride. It's that you ride.

Hey bush let the door hit you on the way out !!!!

OBAMA 2012 !!!!!

Thanks HBM!
    Quote Originally Posted by hairybeastman View Post
    LOL yeah my wife collects BJD's i know all to well how pricey they can get!!!

You might want to check out den of angels website to. They can be a little "catty" on how things "are supposed to be" but they are very informitive. Also my wife orders things from a little shop here in michigan and they are called. toy harbor and are in traverse city michigan. Ill get the website from her as its not the toyharbor.com as you would think. I know she got a great deal on a pair of shoes from there for like $20 and off of ebay they were going for about $50. They also have a few MISB jem dolls and a few transformers straight from japan. But it is a VERY small shop.

never mind found the link in an old post i did http://www.mintoncardinc.com/dolls/

No problem. Just trying to help out the good people that come here.

As far as harbor toys i have been there great shop great people. But i have never ordered anything from there only shopped there in real life, so i have no idea how their shipping practices are. But if they are half as decent online as they are in the store itself you should have nothing to worry about.
    It's not what you ride. It's that you ride.

Hey bush let the door hit you on the way out !!!!

OBAMA 2012 !!!!!

Fright Zone (Etheria): Prisoner of the Horde
    I like it a lot! You should show us the final version when you have completed the project.
    If a man is proud of his wealth, he should not be praised until it is known how he employs it.
    Socrates

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    A.Einstein