View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Golden Girl?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dorothy

4 16.00%
  • Blanche

1 4.00%
  • Rose

5 20.00%
  • Sophia

11 44.00%
  • I can't decide

3 12.00%
  • I don't like the show

1 4.00%
  • Who are these people?

0 0%

Thread: Who's your favorite Golden Girl?

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar

Who's your favorite Golden Girl?

I'm talkin' the sitcom, not Marvel.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Yay Golden Girls!

Oh, I almost couldn't choose! I love those old ladies!

I went with Dorothy, because something about sarcasm warms the deep, dark place where my heart used to be.

Blanche and Rose would have tied for second, and Sophia would have been a close third.

Aaaaahhhh, who knew a sitcom about four senior citizens (or soon-to-be-senior-citizens) from the eighties would still be making me laugh 20 years later?

Quote Originally Posted by j-bird View Post
    I went with Dorothy, because something about sarcasm warms the deep, dark place where my heart used to be.

I do have a heart---and a big soft one, so it belongs to sweet, naive, sympathetic Rose. I adored her as a little boy and was so drawn to her (with your passion for "heartless sarcasm" I'd probably be in trouble if I hung out with someone like you j-bird, lol).

She is also hilarious (I never get tired of her St. Olaf stories!)...I do find the others greatly funny too, though. Dorothy and Blanche would be close 2nd and 3rd probably, with Sophia in last place for me too.

Aaaaahhhh, who knew a sitcom about four senior citizens (or soon-to-be-senior-citizens) from the eighties would still be making me laugh 20 years later?
    They were senior citizens, alright---except for Blanche, who would put up a HUGE argument. (and who technically probably wasn't, at least in the beginning).

I know how you feel. I can have seen an episode (that sounds odd, lol) a dozen times, but it still gives me geuine belly laughs.

These girls are "golden" alright, for they shall never go dull!
    Last edited by Mer-Man's Minion; March 26, 2008 at 02:27am.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

I do have to agree about the St. Olaf stories - they never get old.

Hmmm ... I'm going to be in Minnesota this weekend ... maybe I should go find St. Olaf (it is actually a real town). Maybe I'll just go shopping instead.

There's really no way to lose, no matter whom you pick!

I do have to agree about the St. Olaf stories - they never get old.

Hmmm ... I'm going to be in Minnesota this weekend ... maybe I should go find St. Olaf (it is actually a real town). Maybe I'll just go shopping instead.
    Yes, you should definitely get some sort of St. Olaf shirt.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I absolutely love this show! Gives me some of the hardest laughs of any show I've seen.

I had to go with Sophia, even though I admit that Dorothy was the most important (she was the glue that held everyone together, as was seen by the quick fall of the Golden Palace).

I love Sophia's stories and the biting sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I absolutely love this show! Gives me some of the hardest laughs of any show I've seen.

I had to go with Sophia, even though I admit that Dorothy was the most important (she was the glue that held everyone together, as was seen by the quick fall of the Golden Palace).

I love Sophia's stories and the biting sarcasm.
    "Picture it, Sicily, 19-- ..."

Ack! Someone doesn't like the show!

I know we're all entitled to our opinions and all, but c'mon---it's the Girls! lol

My order would go

Sophia, for her wit and sarcasm and the fact she speaks her mind

Rose for her sheer stupidity

Blanche for being Blanche

Dorothy for her wit and sarcasm ( I just think Sophia is better at it)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Sophia, for her wit and sarcasm and the fact she speaks her mind

Dorothy for her wit and sarcasm ( I just think Sophia is better at it)
    Well, we have to remember Sophia's stroke destroyed the part of her brain that censors what she says, so she literally can't help what she says; speaking what comes to her mind is literally all she can do (moreso in the beginning, though). She's therefore brutally frank, while Dorothy makes sarcasm and biting wit her art, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Rose for her sheer stupidity
    This is a point of contention with me. Rose is actually not stupid. Betty White says in one of her book Here We Go Again! My Life in Television that at first she had no idea how to play Rose...she was originally slated to play Blanche, while Rue McClanahan was cast as Rose. When the switch happened, she was upset at first and didn't grasp who Rose was. Then, director Jay Sandrich told her, "Rose is not stupid---she is just totally naive. She has never been around sarcasm before, and so she doesn't understand it". And that gave Betty the direction to go in playing her.

So whenever I hear people say Rose is "stupid", I like to set 'em straight, lol.

I LOVE GOLDEN GIRLS!!!! It's good to see that here is some fans too. I consider Sophia and Dorothy as my favs. but I like about them all!!

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    It was between Sophia and Rose... but in the end I chose Sophia. All of these characters rule, though!

--Leanne

I'd have to go with Rose followed by Blanche. I haven't watched the show in ages, but used to watch it back when it first aired.

I read that the Hallmark Channel will be showing the reruns starting next year:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...a56ef574cdc5e9
    Last edited by Firefly; March 27, 2008 at 11:47pm.

Quote Originally Posted by N8 STORM View Post
    I read that the Hallmark Channel will be showing the reruns starting next year:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...a56ef574cdc5e9
    Interesting...since it's been on Lifetime for over a decade and is their most popular staple, I'm surprised it'll go to another network.

Quote Originally Posted by Mer-Man's Minion View Post
    Interesting...since it's been on Lifetime for over a decade and is their most popular staple, I'm surprised it'll go to another network.
    The article says nonexclusive rights, so it is possible that it might still be shown on there as well.

I like all of them.

Rose = She has a ... unique ... way of looking at the world.

Dorothy = I like her sarcastic, take-no-B.S. demeanor

Sophia = Wise and yet unpredictable (You never knew exactly what she was going to say next! )

Blanche = Spicy!

I haven't watched this show since I was a kid, so I will have to go from memory.

Sophia was my favorite because she spoke her mind bluntly and was rough, crass, and took no mess. She reminded me of my grandmother.
    Blanche was overtly sexual and I liked how unapologetic she was about it. Not really my physical type, but her attitude made her an honorary M.I.L.F.
    Rose... she was a little too silly for me as a kid. I hated how she let people run over her and take advantage. But looking back, I like how kind, loving, helpful, and honest she was while keeping her sense of childlike wonder.
    Dorothy... eh, I wasn't a fan as a kid and looking back, I'm still not. She was supposed to be the smart, well-rounded, and most "normal" of the group. She was too rough and crass without Sophia's charm.

I'm going to give my vote to Rose.
    Last edited by AlexApprobation; August 27, 2021 at 04:26am.
    Tweeterhead 1/5 Legends Statue Want List: He-Man 2.0, Battle Cat, Panthor, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Zodak (200X style), She-Ra 2.0, Sorceress, Buzz Off, Webstor, Kobra Khan, King Hiss, Scare Glow

Heroic Warrior
    il_570xN.590189694_2uog.jpg

Though honestly, I'd probably say Sophia. Nearly everything she ever said was hilarious.

Call Your Champion Voodoo Magic's Avatar
    Blanche of course!

~ CALL YOUR CHAMPION ~