Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Considering 'Jem and the Holograms' Movie?

Hasbro Considering 'Jem and the Holograms' Movie?

Just read this on my Myspace Bulletins...

Hello JEM Fans / Friends!

We just wanted to let everyone know, thanks to Dragonielle for posting it on the JemCon. org message board, that Hasbro has officially registered JemMovie. com and JemAndTheHologramsMovie. com

The website domains were registered in February of 2008 and will remained registered until 2011. This along with the recent trademark updates to the Jem and Jem and the Holograms brands/trademarks/etc. could be a great sign that there is something JEM related in the work at Hasbro.

Thank you again Dragonielle for posting this info and bringing it to the JEM communities attention!

Stay Outrageous!

Jem's Space

Oh I gotta say it :TRULY OUTRAGEOUS!
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I think they should cast Ashley Tisdale as Jem.
    -Jon

The First He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

What about Hilary Duff? Or Vanessa Anne Hudgens?

my first reaction was..this is the stupidest thing ever...but then I thought eh they are cashing in on the 80s and then I thought, well it cant be any worse than the BRATZ movie.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    my first reaction was..this is the stupidest thing ever...but then I thought eh they are cashing in on the 80s and then I thought, well it cant be any worse than the BRATZ movie.
    I think Jem has a better premise than BRATZ. I watched the pilot episode recently and if they can modernize the plot for today's audience, I think Hasbro could have a potential hit.

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I think Jem has a better premise than BRATZ.

BRATZ has a PREMISE?

Quote Originally Posted by hemanrep View Post
    I think Jem has a better premise than BRATZ. I watched the pilot episode recently and if they can modernize the plot for today's audience, I think Hasbro could have a potential hit.
    Seeing as how today's audience would be High School Musical and Hannah Montana fans, there is not much they would need to do to adapt the material. I mean outside of the outfits and the concept of Synergy (the computer) I think most of the plot can stay the same, hopefully that means less to mess up.

I wonder if Rio would still have purple hair
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    God I hope not. Even as a kid I thought it was weird
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! If they make an honest-to-god decent Jem movie, I will die happy.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Drinking NaughtyNurse IPA TheDeviot's Avatar
    It's called "Take that crappy Josie and the ***** cats movie, change the characters, two songs, and after recasting everyone title it Jem, and schlep it out the door"
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I agree, Hilary Duff would be good for Jem. I just hope audiences wouldn't think that the movie was just a ripoff of Hannah Montana. Jem was the original pop-rock singer with a secret identity.

While I'm all for a Jem movie. But "NO!" to casting anyone from those Disney films and series. I can't stand them. I want a fresh face to play the lead. Someone who can really sing. Not like those Disney chicks who can just carry a tune.

But the thing is, What about the singer who is using the name Jem? I smell lawsuit!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    It's called "Take that crappy Josie and the ***** cats movie, change the characters, two songs, and after recasting everyone title it Jem, and schlep it out the door"

Josie and the Pussycats was hilarious!!!

I'm surprised they haven't brought Jem back sooner with all the stuff out there like Hanna Monotonous etc...

Hope they don't mess with it too much like they did with Transformers....
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Oh, they better have all the crazy hair colors/styles and makeup!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Oh, they better have all the crazy hair colors/styles and makeup!

That'd be cool, they'd probably do it as a way of poking fun at the mental 80's fashions hehe
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    What about Hilary Duff? Or Vanessa Anne Hudgens?
    I'd be fine with Hilary Duff, but Ashley Tisdale has a stronger voice. Duff may look the part more though hmm. Hudgens doesn't fit the Jem look for me, I'd like to see her play someone evil next role. I think I would prefer Duff over Tisdale. Or even Alyson Michalka in the lead, she is the best actress/singer out of the Disney lot, IMO, besides Raven.

I do agree that most likely many younger new fans could possibly see Jem as some sort of Hannah Montana rip-off.
    -Jon

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeviot View Post
    Heh you're funny.

I can't go without saying it... I wonder if Jem & The Holograms would come back as a rock band... or will it be something else? Something... hip hoppy?

Do people realize this is going to be a group/ensemble movie? I mean we do have to have the Holograms (in which her sister Kimber is just as important as Jerrica) and the Misfits, not to mention Rio, Howard Sands, and Synergy.

I dont like Hillary Duff or Ashley Tisdale in the lead role, though Ashley would be better suited. Vanessa Hudgens would be better suited as one of the Misfits since we have already seen her as a goth/punk chick in her upcoming movie.

I think they need to find a new talent for Jem like Hairspray found Nikki Blonsky and Dreamgirls found Jennifer Hudson.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Sounds to me like a company protecting it's assets after recently reclaiming a lot of property rights.

If the trend of 80s movies continues - and stays profitable (with GI Joe, He-Man and Thundercats), then I could see something happening. And I definitely see it as "High School Musical meets lightweight adventure movie".

Laissez les bon temps rou Chaz-Man's Avatar
    Do people realize this is going to be a group/ensemble movie? I mean we do have to have the Holograms (in which her sister Kimber is just as important as Jerrica) and the Misfits, not to mention Rio, Howard Sands, and Synergy.
    Same thing I was thinking. Instead of saying this person, no that person should be Jem, remember there are alot of other characters to the cast to fill. It could end up having Ashley Tisdale, AND Hilary Duff.
    Sing once again with me our strange duet.
    My power over you grows stronger yet.
    And though you turn from me,
    to glance behind,
    the Phantom of the Opera is there - inside your mind ...

HeMan.org User Profiles Thread (Please Post)

He-Man.org Member Photos

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    How about the original singing voice of Jem, Britta Phillips?

Britta is too old.

Also, I don't think Jem is a big enough property to put an unknown in. Hairspray was a different situation.

If they could get a current teen/early 20s star coupled with the fact that it is an 80s property, you could have a potential hit on your hands.

As for it being an ensemble movie movie, in a way, I disagree. The focus would be on Jerrica/Jem. The other Holograms, etc. can help appeal to different groups of kids and they'd want to cast some "heart throb" as Rio -- but other than that -- I am sure whoever plays Jem would drive the commercials.
    -Jon

I'm all for Tisdale to be Jem. At least I could enjoy it on a certain level when my wife drags me to see it.

austin

I'm scared this will be horrible. And probably for the reasons that some of you think it could be good. The Disney type pop princesses as stars... And it would have to be updated, so I'll hate all the music, the fashions, etc.... what I love in Jem is the wild outfits and looks, and the 80's pop/rock.... The Misfits were great, and I can see them becoming either simply catty girls, or they'll make them really hard rock/punk to a degree tha implies "rock/metal is bad and dumb", though I would care if they used the Misfits to make fun of lame Avril Lavigne style fake-punk.

All in all, the series for me I love cuz it was in the 80's, but I can't see me digging a Jem designed for the current tween audience.

Vixen will always be real life Jem for me.

"I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-