Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King Grayskull - Who Got 1 Of Each: Bronze & Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I have seen so
    But also kinda bad because if you really want a regular KG, you may end up with a statue version.
    That happened to me.

I was already planning on getting 3 KGs. One for a friend back at home, and two for me (one to open one to keep packaged). On the off chance I got a bronze, I planned on buying a third for myself, so I can have the regular, and bronze packaged, and a regular loose.

Well I bought the 3 on Friday and got two regular ones and one bronze! So I went back Saturday to pick up another to have loose, and that one ended up bronze too! So out of 4 bought I got 2 bronze and 2 regular.

Sunday I brought the extra bronze back to the Mattel booth to find Val. I was going to see if he knew anybody that needed it. I didn't see him anywhere, so I asked the ladies selling the exclusives if I could trade it for a regular. They were totally shocked!! They are like "Do you know how much you could get for that? It's worth a lot of money!!" I told them I didn't care, I wanted a regular one to take out of the package. They say "No problem" still looking at me like I was crazy and gave me a new one. I poped it open really quick, saw it was a regular, smiled and walked away!

I guess the point of this long post is that If I got 2 variants out of 4, then they are really not that rare. My luck doesn't work that way.
    Need stuff? I might just have it!

Check out my shop!

SHOP1321

https://www.ebluejay.com/store/scar1321
    I'm always adding stuff!

I got 2 regs

I'm still trying to get the bronze version.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I have 3 coming from mattycollector.com.

I boutght two...
    opend the first box and discovered a regular KG...

Then I opened the second and to my surprise it was the bronze version!

Not bad!
    Waz fo' lunsh?

Heroic Warrior
    The year they did the Solomon Grundy exclusive, a friend of mine ended up with a case.

the variant was packed one per case.

just FYI.

I got one of each finally....5 Regulars, 1 Bronze. I bought 3 from Mattel and 2 from Scalpers in an attempt to get Bronze. Ended up buying a Bronze from a fan who wanted a regular...1 reg I had AFA'd...
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

I know...silly question...but...

...the bronze version is made of real, heavy metal bronze or is it made of plastics properly painted to resemble bronze?

Judging from the fact that you never mention different weights for the 2 different version I would say that it is fake plastics bronze, but I would like to have a confirmation.

Thanks

I didn't even try. I got the bronze statue first, and then went back for the regular. I'll keep the statue version in the box, and have already opened the standard.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea of sorrow View Post
    ...the bronze version is made of real, heavy metal bronze or is it made of plastics properly painted to resemble bronze?

Judging from the fact that you never mention different weights for the 2 different version I would say that it is fake plastics bronze, but I would like to have a confirmation.

Thanks
    Fake bronze paint application.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea of sorrow View Post
    Do you really think you can get a solid bronze figure for 30.00?

Heroic Warrior
    No, it'd be cool though (and an easy way to tell without opening the box)

hmm... it def seems like the the ratio seems to be leaning towards a 1:4 or 1:5 mix which isnt bad. i ordered 2 off the website cause i want one left in the box but if i get a bronze i'd be happy.

however, now i am leaning towards wanting a brinze one now too...damn you mattel and your plastic crack you peddle!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Looks as though everyone who gets a bronze version is choosing to keep it or sell it on HE-bay. Im not paying $100 for one when they only cost $30 at the con. If it was gonna be that way i should have stiffed the scalpers at the con and bought 10 grayskulls and sell the rest at an ungodly price. lol silly. Who here doesnt want their bronze version?? lol

I bought 2 at the con and got the Bronze twice. A couple of my friends also got the bronze version.

I got a total of 4 king greyskull. I bought 3 at the con and had my cousin behind me buy me 1. I got lucky and got 2 bronze and 1 regular and my cousin got me another regular one. It was a fun day for me seeing the huge MOTU booth, definetly would do it again next year. Here's a pic of what I got from the con:

Heroic Warrior
    No wonder the guy at the metal recycle plant told looked at me with such distane and told me to get the heck out of his office...all makes sence now...

Okay, just kidding.

Seems like it was quite easy to get a bronze. I bought 3 (max they would allow). 1 for myself and two for my boss who couldn't make it to the show.

I opened the first box for myself and, doh, it was a bronze. Not interested in it so I traded my boss for one of the two leftover regulars.
    Matt Moylan
    Director of Publishing, UDON Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Wulff View Post
    Seems like it was quite easy to get a bronze. I bought 3 (max they would allow). 1 for myself and two for my boss who couldn't make it to the show.

I opened the first box for myself and, doh, it was a bronze. Not interested in it so I traded my boss for one of the two leftover regulars.
    I had to buy 5 and still didn't end up with a bronze...
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Well I just won the bronze of on ebay. So I purchased both but have not recieved either yet.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    I bought 3 and got 1 bronze, 1 regular to keep in the box, and one regular to open. I got lucky!

I guess one can always have it bronzed...