Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which NA and POP figures do you want to see in MOTUC?

Which NA and POP figures do you want to see in MOTUC?

There is another thread about no NA figures and I am one who is really not looking forward to NA and POP figures. So I pose this question to POP fans and NA fans. What figures do you want made from these lines? Who do you think will fit in well with MOTUC designs already or do you think they don't need to? Also, how do you think they will or can be made to fit in with the current MOTUC designs so far, if at all? Do you want them totally redesigned or to remain as faithful as possible to their classic interpretations?

I'll start off for POP if I had to choose I would like to see SheRa and Catra and maybe a Bow (not really though). For NA I would like to see ... lol nobody. j/k. Maybe Flogg or slush head?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    What figures do you want made from these lines?
    For the most part, I think PoP could fit in with MOTUC.

Let me put it to you this way. Ideally I'd like for all of them to be made, including the unproduced Star Sisters (Starla, Jewelstar, and Tallstar), but if I HAD to make some cuts I'd be willing to sacrifice Perfuma and Flutterina.

Catra, Entrapta and Double Trouble are the ones I had as a kid, so I definitely would like to see those transformed into the new Classics style. She-Ra is an automatic given for most people, as is Adora. (Since she never had a separate figure) The unproduced Star Sisters are NEEDS for me too, especially Tallstar who could look absolutely amazing in this toy line, what with her being pretty much the only mechanical-ish looking character in the entire PoP line. (Well, Jewelstar can be transformed into a gem/crystal, but that doesn't count) So if they only made those, I could be happy for a very long time.

Oh, and for some reason, I think Peekablue could potentially blow everyone away. I picture her being stricking.

I'd like to see the following figures:

POP
    - Frosta
    - Castaspella
    - Bow

NA
    - Slush-Head
    - Kayo
    - Hydron

ide like to see a redesign of NA he-man, i liked the hair on him but think he needed the classic he-man vest just teched up a bit, ide be interested in seeing what the new design would look like. after all it is he-man in a future,,,
    Eternian Beastmaster

All of 'em! But if I had to choose....Hmmm

PoP
    She-Ra
    Bow
    Spinnerella
    Nettossa
    Perfuma
    Peek-a-blue
    Entrapta
    Catra
    Castaspella
    Flutterina
    Starla
    Frosta
    Mermista

NA:
    He-Man
    Skeletor
    Flogg
    Slushhead
    Kayo
    Flipshot
    Hydron
    Optikk
    Spinwit
    Hoove
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Since you asked..... She-Ra, Adora & Loo-Kee, Catra, Angella, Glimmer, Bow & Kowl, Casta-Spella, Entrapta, Frosta, Mermista, Peeka Blue & Double Trouble. I see Kowl & Loo-Kee as very small figures that could be packed in with Adora and Bow.

I love Perfuma, Flutterina, Sweat Bee, Netossa and Spinnerella. I want them all, but these characters are not critical for me personally. If we get the six POP figures I highlighted throughout the course of MOTUC I would be happy. If we got any of the six I also didn't highlight along side the others I would just be extatic.

If the POP figures did prove to be very popular I would love to see an exclusive Star Sisters 3 Pack, or a Netossa & Spinnerella 2 pack.

For NA I would like to see an NA He-Man, Crystal empowered Skeletor, Adam, Teela / She-Ra and Sorceress. I would buy a Master Sebrian and Mara 2 Pack.
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 27, 2008 at 09:31am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    All of 'em!
    What he said.

And I hope we don't have to wait for ALL of classic MOTU before we get the first POP and NA...

For inspiration purposes, take a look at these 4H/Mattel:

POP:
    She-Ra
    Swift Wind
    Bow
    Glimmer
    Angella
    Frosta
    Double Trouble
    Catra
    Entrapta
    Frosta
    Castaspella
    Mermista

NA:
    He-Man
    Skeletor
    Flogg/Brakk
    Slushhead/Kalamarr
    Optikk
    Hydron
    Sagitar

Those are my most wanted, but I hope they make everyone.

Hey Everyone,

I want all of them. Every figure from all the related lines included, as well as characters from the mini comics, " The Powers of Grayskull", 1987 live action movie, and MYP series that we have not had in figure form. For me that is what makes "Masters of the Universe: Classics" work. The desire from Mattel to tie everything from the "MotU" property together. If it lasts long enough it has the potential to be the best "MotU" related line, ever.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Please, give the Toy Power Podcast a chance: Here we speak with Brian Flynn, owner of Super7 https://omny.fm/shows/toy-power/113-...-power!podcast.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Personally, I think some of the 'girly' characters from POP should be left out i.e. Perfuma, Flutterina, Peak-A-Blue, Sweet Bee, Spinnerella, Kowl, Queen Angella.

The core Pop characters should be made but given a MAJOR design overhaul - shame they can't do Filmation designs because I think some of those were better than the Mattel ones.

I would buy the following:

She-Ra
    Force Captain Adora (Horde Outfit) c'mon Mattel be creative!!!!!
    Bow (no heart please)
    Frosta
    Glimmer (tone down the pink and silver)
    Netossa (follow the same design as Clamp Champ perhaps?)
    Entrapta

New Adventures I would buy also, but even though I love the characters, some of them are quite dull looking compared to MOTU. i.e. the human heroic characters.

I would buy

Slush-Head
    Optikk
    Flogg
    Staghorn (my 2nd fave)
    Lizor
    Hoove
    Karratte
    Sagitar

Also, I wonder if Mattel can make Mara as there is a prototype of her.

I'd like to see them all in the new line, but then I don't want to have to wait until I'm 55 to complete my collection.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Core pop characters are:

Glimmer
    Strongbow
    Frosta
    Castaspella
    Madame Razz
    Queen Angella.
    Catra.
    Captain Adora.

But for pretty much any of the Pop characters, even the girliest ones like perfuma, I trust the 4 horsemen. They can totally transform them from girly dolls to mean looking, amazon like, scantily clad warrior princesses.

Who wouldn't buy Entrapta with tentacular bendy hair like Medusa?
    Who wouldn't buy a sickly venimous looking Perfuma with femme fatale look and vegetal-like hair growing out of her head like Poison Ivy?
    Who wouldn't want a Frosta with translucent adds on like Xmen's iceman?

When you look at what the 4 horsemen did with Orko in the 200X toyline, I think the sky's the limit. They turned the stupid little red ghost I hated into an uber cool, ancient looking sorcerer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Frosta..but then again I like blue
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Thats a good point oulala, but considering they wil be basing MOTU Classics very closely on the orignal toys, we probably won't see such cool versions of gals like Flutterina and Perfuma. If this was 2K MOTU we might have seen more of a re-design of these characters. But I agree, the 4H could easily work their magic and make them look cool for MOTUC.
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 27, 2008 at 12:56pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    POP
    She-Ra
    Adora with Loo-Kee
    Frosta
    Glimmer
    Angella
    Castaspella
    Catra
    Bow with Kowl
    Double Trouble
    Entrapta
    Peek-A-Blue
    Mermista
    Swift Wind

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I want all of them. Every figure from all the related lines included, as well as characters from the mini comics, " The Powers of Grayskull", 1987 live action movie, and MYP series that we have not had in figure form. For me that is what makes "Masters of the Universe: Classics" work. The desire from Mattel to tie everything from the "MotU" property together. If it lasts long enough it has the potential to be the best "MotU" related line, ever.

Take Care,
    Darren
    I totally agree with you Darren. I think that my redesigns of a P.O.P. line prove they can be made to go along with the new Classics line. Take a look and then say they don't look like they belong.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=157870

I love everything from this series. I only hope it lasts that long. I know we will be supporting it financially.
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

I say all of them. If they stay at the one figure a month release schedule, it will take 10 years to release every MOTU, PoP and NA figure ever made (minus the variants) PLUS like 5 characters never made before. So yeah, all of them.

Movie mayhem!
    Dude they HAVE to do the star sisters!!!
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I say all of them. If they stay at the one figure a month release schedule, it will take 10 years to release every MOTU, PoP and NA figure ever made (minus the variants) PLUS like 5 characters never made before. So yeah, all of them.
    In the meantime, while I'm potentially waiting until 2019 for The Star Sisters , maybe they can release a set in the original PoP style...if they still have the molds that is.

John Cena doesn't suck Andy Adams's Avatar
    It sounds like this time Mattel wants to get something out there for everybody.
    Maybe after the first 8 get released there'll be OFFICIAL polls or something so until then I'll help the PoP & NA fans by joining in the fun & adding my few choices

she-ra ( it'd be sweet to see a faker she-ra too possibly)
    adora
    frosta
    Shadow Weaver, Catra, & Scotpia eventually

NA he-man
    NA Skeletor
    Hydron
    sagitar/tharkus
    karatti
    Last edited by Andy Adams; July 27, 2008 at 06:55pm.
    It's not falling down that defines character, everyone falls down....it's how you get back up.

A big fan of Slush Head
    I want to see every NA and POP characters done. I am sure all will fit perfectly fine with the classics.

And the first characters I would like to see are

Na:
    Slush Head

POP:
    Frosta
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beyond the legends View Post
    I totally agree with you Darren. I think that my redesigns of a P.O.P. line prove they can be made to go along with the new Classics line. Take a look and then say they don't look like they belong.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=157870

I love everything from this series. I only hope it lasts that long. I know we will be supporting it financially.

I have seen your designs and like them but, don't think they fit well with MOTUC style. Heck just look at the current figures and place your designs next to them. This is what I am curious about. Not just what characters but, how are NA and POP fans going to feel if they are totally overhauled and with less of the elements that made them what they originally were? I also wonder if most POP or NA fans care if it fits in with the MOTUC style so far or just want the figures? I feel like color scheme and 'glittery' designs are a major part of the POP figure designs and I think to fit in they will have to be muted a lot. The bright purples, greens and pinks seem a little flashy to me. Take She-Ra for example, I would love to see her but not with a pink cape. Hook me up with a red cape and some Teela leather boots and she might start to fit in for me. I the end I wonder what realistic expectations could be for figures for the NA and POP line? One or two from each? Maybe three? Who knows maybe all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeto Bot View Post
    I have seen your designs and like them but, don't think they fit well with MOTUC style. Heck just look at the current figures and place your designs next to them. This is what I am curious about. Not just what characters but, how are NA and POP fans going to feel if they are totally overhauled and with less of the elements that made them what they originally were? I also wonder if most POP or NA fans care if it fits in with the MOTUC style so far or just want the figures? I feel like color scheme and 'glittery' designs are a major part of the POP figure designs and I think to fit in they will have to be muted a lot. The bright purples, greens and pinks seem a little flashy to me. Take She-Ra for example, I would love to see her but not with a pink cape. Hook me up with a red cape and some Teela leather boots and she might start to fit in for me. I the end I wonder what realistic expectations could be for figures for the NA and POP line? One or two from each? Maybe three? Who knows maybe all of them.

I am happy for the vintage approach to be taken with all of the POP girls besides She-Ra. The toy version is just not the iconic version. I know they can't do the filmation likeness, but maybe they can work with the 2004 re-design. That was similar, but still different to the Filmation version. If Mattel go with the toy version for her, she will not be as recognisable or appealing to as many fans and casual collectors (IMHO). I predict she will fare better if she is more heavily based on the 2K design. Seeing the Filmation influanced sword, still different from the Filmation design, gives me hope this can happen.

Hmm, I thought I posted earlier, but here's my feeling:

You ask who I'd like to see. Honestly, right now, I'm really not sure I want to see any of the POP characters done in this MOTUC style. It's not that I don't want to see POP or NA or POG or MYP all made under an umbrella line. But right now..I'm not really crazy for the MOTUC being the template for that umbrella. I might change my mind when I see how they interpret She-Ra or Catra. But right now, with the lack of unique armor detail and reused parts, this line feels much more like a gimmick with limited appeal to me and less like the line I want to see continue indefinitely. And I think that's a point that needs to be voiced by some of us if it's what we're feeling.