Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which NA and POP figures do you want to see in MOTUC?

She-Ra
    Adora
    Frosta
    Optikk

That is all.
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

A loaded question... but a fun/good one!

I will limit it somewhat, because I want ALL the POP figures, and then some (Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Madame Razz, if they can get the rights eventually).

POP:
    She-Ra
    Adora
    Catra
    Angella
    Frosta
    Mermista
    Double Trouble
    Netossa
    Peekablue
    Sweet Bee
    Entrapta
    Perfuma
    Flutterina (because the Horsemen could go CRAZY with her)

NA:
    He-Man
    Adam
    Sorceress
    Hydron
    Flipshot
    Darius
    Spinwit
    Tuskador
    Mara
    Skeletor
    Flogg
    Slush-head
    Optikk
    Critta
    Sagittar
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

I must admit, I did feel guilty leaving Flutterina off my list!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Be interested in seeing all the mutants from NA and maybe a Skeletor too.

Heroic Warrior
    While I would certainly buy all they will be releasing, I want to see Adora, Catra and Optik first!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    In the meantime, while I'm potentially waiting until 2019 for The Star Sisters , maybe they can release a set in the original PoP style...if they still have the molds that is.
    I posed that question in WTFWTK what the posibility is of us seeing them release the unreleased MOTU and PoP figures in their 80's style. As well as the hard to find ones. lol I hope my question gets asked.

ALL of 'em??!! but first off...

POP - She-Ra, Catra, Frosta and mostly Bow (in major need of some retooling)!

NA - Skeletor and He-Man

I'd go for all of them as well.

It's a pretty safe bet that She-Ra would likely be the first PoP figure made. After she would be introduced to kick off the PoP side of things, I'd want them to offer us new figures of the rarer ones.

Start off with later releases like Spinnerella, Netossa, maybe a 3-Pack of the Star Sisters and work your way up to the most common figures, like Glimmer and Bow.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Well as a kid it always irritated me that She-ra and her gals were not made the same style as He-man and the masters of the universe.
    The cartoons were very similar in style, but not the toys!

Whereas the 4 horsemen can do the MOTU figures in a classic way, they're gonna have to rework on the POP characters a lot more than the MOTU characters in order for them to look cool together.

So I think it's not really going to be faithful to the 1980's POP which were basically fashion dolls with action features.

So I guess the sky's the limit in terms of redesigning them. Strongbow is the less difficult, he can be a reused MOTUC body with new head and garb.

She-ra and Adora will have to be brand new sculpts. I guess Adora's arms and legs can be used on Teela and Evil Lyn. I do hope Mattel is not going to reuse too many parts. For example, I'm not worried when I see that some figures share the same torso, upper arms and upper legs. I'm a little nervous when I see they're reusing the same bracelets and boots for Mer-man and Zodak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

POP: Frosta, Catra, Glimmer, Adora, She-Ra, Castaspella, Mermista, & Angella...

NA: Drissy, Flogg, Slush-Head, Hoove, Optikk, Mara, Critta, Flipshot, Hydron, He-Man, & Skeletor...
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Hmm, I thought I posted earlier, but here's my feeling:

You ask who I'd like to see. Honestly, right now, I'm really not sure I want to see any of the POP characters done in this MOTUC style. It's not that I don't want to see POP or NA or POG or MYP all made under an umbrella line. But right now..I'm not really crazy for the MOTUC being the template for that umbrella. I might change my mind when I see how they interpret She-Ra or Catra. But right now, with the lack of unique armor detail and reused parts, this line feels much more like a gimmick with limited appeal to me and less like the line I want to see continue indefinitely. And I think that's a point that needs to be voiced by some of us if it's what we're feeling.
    I agree with you, my mind keeps racing back to my Evil-Lyn and Sorceress figures from the 80s line.. I really don't ever want to see thighs like that on the women in the line or else I'll have to bust out my drill to dremmel them down.

I do think that you have the right approach to the wait and see with specific figures. PoP was bigh with cloth add ons and rooted hair but I'm thinking that if they stick to the sculpted hair (and I assume they'd do the same for Catra's tail if they gave the figure one) that they would do the same with the skirts/armor/clothing that each one of them had. Certain figures will help me decide if I'll go with them or not.

Granted as far as favorites go I'd say MYP/PoP were first then MotU (it was great when I was a kid but the storytelling doesn't really hold up as well now that I'm 25) then NA. So I'd hate to well for lack of a better word 'hate' how they do any of the lines really I will give it a chance.

Although recently I busted out my MotU Marvel comics and after having a little squee of joy when I saw that one of the comics included Shadow Weaver and Catra as a member of the MotU-verse Horde, I swear man if even as a joke someone from Mattel/4HM pop out an image of a Red skinned Catra figure with purple clothing (yes I know it's not going to happen, but still we're all intitled to our own irrational fears right?) you'll be able to hear my screaming from where ever you happen to be at the time.

Heroic Warrior
    POP:
    She-Ra (ASAP Please)
    Adora
    Frosta
    Catra

NA:
    He-Man
    Flipshot

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I'll try to keep it to 10 in each:

POP:
    She-Ra
    Bow
    Glimmer
    Catra
    Entrapta
    Adora
    Mermista
    Peekablue
    Frosta
    Netossa

NA:
    He-Man
    Skeletor (even though he was terrible)
    Flipshot
    Hydron
    Mara
    Sagitar
    Flogg
    Slushhead
    Critta
    Optikk

Quote Originally Posted by twinAJ1 View Post
    I'll try to keep it to 10 in each:

POP:
    She-Ra
    Bow
    Glimmer
    Catra
    Entrapta
    Adora
    Mermista
    Peekablue
    Frosta
    Netossa

NA:
    He-Man
    Skeletor (even though he was terrible)
    Flipshot
    Hydron
    Mara
    Sagitar
    Flogg
    Slushhead
    Critta
    Optikk
    For the most part I'm with you, although I'm pretty sure I could live without Bow.

As far as NA goes I would really like to see a Critta, it would be interesting because her design almost fit in with the Filmation series anyway. The same goes for Mara, if they tweaked her a little bit she would fit in quite well with the overall style we've seen on the figures so far. Actually I think that we would get Mara before we would ever even have a chance of getting Critta. After all there's the whole 'had to have a figure/be in the mini comics or MYP' thing; there was a prototype of Mara and the Star Sisters so at the very least I think we'd be getting them eventually.

I would like to see as many as possible from POP and NA get the MOTUC treatment... but the main characters that I'm particularly interested in for the new line are...

POP:

The Star Sisters- and aside from those, some of the core POP characters, such as Bow (possibly packaged with Kowl), Frosta, and Catra. Obviously I would want She-Ra/Adora as well- either as one figure or two separate figures.

NA:

Darius. Aside from him... most interested in NA He-Man and Skeletor (first wave versions), and again... some of the NA core characters maybe? Hydron and Flogg... though out of all the NA villains, Optikk is my favorite.

My list is short.

PoP
    She-ra

NA
    He-man
    Skeletor
    Optikk

That said, I am open to whatever the 4H put their hands on. I'm confident that they can me a fan of anyone they decide to do.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    pop:

She-Ra (because he-man needs a girlfri...er...sister)
    Catra (before she-ra was conceived, the heroic warriors had teela and the evil warriors had evil-lyn...why was there no horde female?)
    Frosta (to keep teela on her feet)

na:

SlushHead (easily made into another of skeletor's henchmen)
    Artist, illustration and comic books. Happiest when creating. Geeky husband and father.

Adora.

I've mentioned on here many times about my love for Adora. I also really like the Horde Trooper though I know he's part of the He-Man line.

I never got into NA, I did have Optikk though so I'd vote for him.

It would be a dream come true to see all of the POP figures made, it's somthing I've been waiting for since I was a child. I just want to see them done justice in the glam goddess style (NOT dudes with boobs) that made me fall in love with them all those years ago. As much as He-Man is honored in his barbarian though guy style, She-Ra should be honnored in her own glamorous diva in charge style. I realize they won't be mini dolls and they have to be part of a cohesive line, but there's no reason they can't be gorgeous! That's the opinion of a true queen. )

Who I would like to see first....
    She-Ra (duh) (At some point I would love to see her recieve a Swiftwind too )
    Adora
    Catra
    Glimmer
    Frosta
    Casta
    Mermista
    Star sisters. (That's a given, so many people long for those gals!)
    Last edited by Stella_Steve; July 29, 2008 at 06:23pm.

I imagine Masters World divided into 4 forces.
    Good groups have 10 Members. Evil Groups have 6 Members...

The way I'd like to see this new line (32 figures + final 2 figures pack):

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE:

01 He-Man
    02 Teela
    03 Man-At-Arms
    04 Stratos
    05 Zodac
    06 Buzz Off

07 Sorceress
    08 Fisto
    09 Sy-klone
    10 Randor

EVIL WARRIORS:

01 Skeletor
    02 Evil Lyn
    03 Beast Man
    04 Mer Man
    05 Tri Klops
    06 Trap Jaw

PRINCESS OF POWER

01 She-Ra
    02 Bow
    03 Glimmer
    04 Frosta
    05 Angella
    06 Castaspela

07 Mermista
    08 Perfuma
    09 Peek-a-Blue
    10 Flutterina

EVIL HORDE:

01 Hordak
    02 Catra
    03 Mantenna
    04 Leech
    05 Grizzlor
    06 Entrapta/Scorpia

Adam and Adora could come in a final 2 Pack.
    I'm not connected to the "New Adventures"
    Last edited by Adam_Portugal; July 29, 2008 at 09:52pm.

Force Captain Adora
    She-Ra
    Catra
    Slush Head
    Flipshot

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I posed that question in WTFWTK what the posibility is of us seeing them release the unreleased MOTU and PoP figures in their 80's style. As well as the hard to find ones. lol I hope my question gets asked.
    Me too. I really want to know what our chances are of seeing The Star Sisters released in the classic style! I think they're more than worthy of it, seeing as how they were actually in the cartoon and had other appearances, like the She-Ra magazine. He-Ro has been getting a lot of love from Mattel lately. I'd love to hear what Mattel's thoughts are on these girls.

Definately Bow, Peekablue, Netossa ah hell all of them!

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    As many people know, Im not hugely fond of POP, but I appreciate it is a big part of the MOTU universe as it were. That being said, I feel that the major characters and fan favourites really need to be a part of this line.

With NA, its a different story for me. Im a huge fan of the series and would love to see all of them made. However, I know that opinion is not shared by everyone here, and to best support the MOTUC line I feel that only the main charcters would draw attention, possibly the "big four" from each side. So that being said, I think the best choices would be:

POP

She-Ra (obviously!)
    Adora
    Cat-Ra
    Frosta
    and maybe Bow, but with an updated look

New Adventures

Skeletor
    Flogg
    Slush-head
    Crita
    He-Man
    Flipshot
    Hydron
    Sagitar
    and a scientists four pack.

...... well maybe not the scientists four pack lol

She-Ra/Adora
    Bow
    Double Trouble
    Entrapta
    Mermista (more fish-like)
    Glimmer (vestigal wings! VESTIGAL WINGS!!!!)
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.