Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High-Res MOTUC Goodness!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

High-Res MOTUC Goodness!!!!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=13&itemid=13305

Some kick ass pics to drool over until Halloween!!!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Nice Pics.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    Veerrryy nice! Can't wait till October.

Hey did anyone else notice that weird device thingie on Beastman's left hand? What could that be?

Evil Master of Halloween Sorcerer's Avatar
    I don't know what it is, but the original figure had it as well.
    "Nothing in this world is the was it should be. It's harsh, and cruel, and that's why there's us. We live as if the world were as it should be, to show it what it could be."

that thing on his hand is the same thing carved into the vintage beastman, only the vintage has that object on his right hand. It looks like some spiked knuckle thing.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Awesomeness!!
    They look great! I hope Beastman's whip is poseable or at least similar to Hasbro's Indy one, I kind of hated the vintage one, it would always get in the way of other figures.
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Awesome pics, hopefully they get the paints as close to these protos as possible!

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    that thing on his hand is the same thing carved into the vintage beastman, only the vintage has that object on his right hand. It looks like some spiked knuckle thing.
    Sweet! Thanks for the clarification guys. Gotta love the finer details!

I can't wait for the Heman beastman battle.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    These pictures look nice, but I am dying to see some dynamic posing of these guys to show off just how poseable they are.

Those are some sweet pics! I'm really hoping the toy apps to the plastic look as nice as they do to the these. Thanks for the share!

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    Oooohhhh, very nice! I just wish we had pics of Skeletor and Stratos to drool over.
    Wabawalawoo!!!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Awesome!

Now THESE are what I expected Mattel to provide for Org to release.
    But this is good as well.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Great stuff! I so excited about this line!
    --------
    Joachim

I prefer the look of the weapons on He-Man, than KG. The looked to small for KG (IMO)! But they seem totally inscale for He-Man! The sheild looks bigger!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex The Kid View Post
    Veerrryy nice! Can't wait till October.

Hey did anyone else notice that weird device thingie on Beastman's left hand? What could that be?
    Yeah, its a nice touch. You can see it in the early mini comics (even though it frequently switches hands or dissapears completely .

http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/...01/05-06.shtml

http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/...01/15-16.shtml

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    Very nice pictures, best ive seen. Must be a little old, no gold wristbands on He-Man. Well spotted on Beastmans knuckle attatchment, wouldnt have noticed that otherwise!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    These just look SO good, I can't get over how amazing Beastman looks.

I agree with others, I hope the final figures retain this level of detail and paint apps.

Cool!
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

I can't help myself but wonder... where are the 4HM? I can't see any design or idea of them which might have influenced those prototypes...

Where is the top notch and detailed design of the stactions and the 200X line?

I loved those stactions very much and am really disappointed that that line's been canned now.

I got the 80s Classics and was looking forward to their "new" looks and right now I can't get very excited to get the same figures again just with added joints... maybe that'll change.
    May the vicious demon armies of hell lose tracks on their way to your home.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ghTm4rE View Post
    I can't help myself but wonder... where are the 4HM? I can't see any design or idea of them which might have influenced those prototypes...

I loved those stactions very much and am really disappointed that that line's been canned now.

I got the 80s Classics and was looking forward to their "new" looks and right now I can't get very excited to get the same figures again just with added joints... maybe that'll change.
    If you're able to get your hands on a Volume 3 of the new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon you'll see that the 4H are very much into the style of the new Classics line. The extras with the 4H show that they're whole-heartedly into the Classics line and love it and want it to be a huge success not just for themselves but for all of us fans.

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    If you're able to get your hands on a Volume 3 of the new He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon you'll see that the 4H are very much into the style of the new Classics line. The extras with the 4H show that they're whole-heartedly into the Classics line and love it and want it to be a huge success not just for themselves but for all of us fans.
    Yep and you get to see a few of the 2 ups from rhe 200X series behind them in the interview. I kept staring at em throughout the interview

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by N1ghTm4rE View Post

I think the MOTUC line looks much better then the OVER stylized 200x line. Thats just not MOTU, never has been. I did like the line, dont get me wrong. But thats not what made me love he-man. I dont much care for the Anime style and the 200x and stactions lines seem very influenced by that style.

I think this new line is the PERFECT motu line. Its detailed (no you dont have super detail with hoses and electric wires all over) but its more realistic, better articulated versions of the originals. He-Man looks like he could actually be a real person somewhere. And he doesnt look like hes bent over becuase his little head is to heavy, or he has some hump back medical issues.

To me He-man in the 200x line was the WORST figure in the line. I have dozens of them, in every style that came out, from the original with the cross to the k-mart exclusive to ice armor to snake armor. And the only one I really like is snake armor. He looks awsome. Most of the rest just dont do it for me. I liked the skeletor from that line, but am looking forward to a MOTUC one.

Did the 200x line and stactions look great as action figures/statues? Yes. But they were not MOTU to me. At least not visually. The figures lacked that MOTU charm. THey were missing what made MOTU the greatest selling boys toys of all time, and were missing what made ME love them.

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    I think the MOTUC line looks much better then the OVER stylized 200x line. Thats just not MOTU, never has been. I did like the line, dont get me wrong. But thats not what made me love he-man. I dont much care for the Anime style and the 200x and stactions lines seem very influenced by that style.

I think this new line is the PERFECT motu line. Its detailed (no you dont have super detail with hoses and electric wires all over) but its more realistic, better articulated versions of the originals. He-Man looks like he could actually be a real person somewhere. And he doesnt look like hes bent over becuase his little head is to heavy, or he has some hump back medical issues.

To me He-man in the 200x line was the WORST figure in the line. I have dozens of them, in every style that came out, from the original with the cross to the k-mart exclusive to ice armor to snake armor. And the only one I really like is snake armor. He looks awsome. Most of the rest just dont do it for me. I liked the skeletor from that line, but am looking forward to a MOTUC one.

Did the 200x line and stactions look great as action figures/statues? Yes. But they were not MOTU to me. At least not visually. The figures lacked that MOTU charm. THey were missing what made MOTU the greatest selling boys toys of all time, and were missing what made ME love them.

I cannot have said it better myself! I loved the 200X line but they should have left Kevin Beacons face off He-mans body lol The rest of the figs were great and I enjoyed collecting them but they just didn't have that toy feeling. They were rough and jagged and the detail was lost when they scaled them down to action figures. That and I was sick of seeing Mcfarlenesk figures everywhere. They just never appealed to me in such a small size.The statues are what they should have ALL been in order to capture the full affect of what the Horsmen were lookin to transfer to the figs. You had all the colors and details that were either left off due to costing or change in size. The statues retained that and they are marvelous to look at. Anyway, I went off topic. The classics are what I think MOTu 200X should have looked and felt like so I'm glad we are getting another crack at this with a whole new approach and style. I'll still treasure the 200X line but this is where its at

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Those will hopefully be some truly sweet toys.

Too bad some of the pics had really bad lighting tho. Shady and with a red hue.