Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 284

Thread: Did you order King Grayskull before it sold out? - Problems with ordering, post here

  1. #26
    AZ Mazter Shokoti's Slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The House of Darkness
    Posts
    1,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow View Post
    Well, the C&S rep from Mattel just told me 10-14 days before they’re shipped.

    Be glad you chose the fast shipping if you’re impatient like me.
    In the words of the immortal Lucille Ball..."Ewww!"
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

    __________

    Arizona Mazter of the Universe

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior Eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,139
    I think I'm getting three King Grayskulls.

    As of now, I've been charged five times (five!) for an order of 3 Grayskulls and 3 Lobos. I finally got a confirmation e-mail for one order of three each. I'll give it a day or so to call about making sure the other payments are refunded or don't go through.

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior tripleb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    165
    odered mine, I manged to get thru as soon as the site went live, before all the errors started to happen! thank God!
    yeah I'm stupid.... stupid like a fox!!!

  4. #29
    LIKE A HERMIT! mightybuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    remote island
    Posts
    3,390
    i ordered 1 grayskull. had a little bit of a hiccup on the site at the very end when i submitted my order so i wasn't sure if it went through, but luckily i got my confirmation email. if i end up with a statue variant i don't know if i'll trade it or not, it depends on how much i like it.

    i may pass on he-man (as grayskull may act as a stand-in, besides these guys aren't cheap) but i'm really looking forward to some of the future characters!

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior kidzthatgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    779
    I figured it out! I ordered the max of 3 king greyskulls and 3 lightning mcqueens!!

    woot!
    Good Traders - Troz, biged98, IceWolf
    Check My eBay auctions for many rarities!
    http://stores.ebay.com/Only-The-Rare...p2047675.l2563

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior starbasetoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Deep Space Toys
    Posts
    1,198
    I don't know whether I'm getting any KG's and Lobo's or not. The money for my order was taken out of my Paypal account twice. I never got any farther than the Paypal "confirm address" before the site would lock up. So I guess that was far enough for paypal to send the funds (and yes I did have more than enough funds actually in my paypal account), but apparently I still had a screen or two to go on the Mattel website to confirm my order with them.

    I've gotten two emails from paypal stating that the money was taken out of my account on two separte transactions. I've gotten two emails from Mattel saying that they are still waiting on payment.

    I've spoken to reps at both Mattel and Digital River. Neither really did anything more than take down my info and told me to check back within 72 hours. They both assured me that I could get a refund if the figures were sold out, and I definately would want a refund in that case. But if I totally miss out on these figures and have to go to ebay because of this issue, I'm gonna be seriously ticked. If it takes the whole 72 hours I've been quoted to wait for resolution, I'm pretty sure the Lobo's and KG's are gonna be long gone!

    The Hasbro site was very slow this morning, but everything went through eventually without any major problems (except they ran out of blue suited cobra commanders, but i got two black suit ones coming so that isn't that big of a deal to me). One thing I noticed about their site is that is had a screen that would come up if the system was too bogged down, and the screen said that the system would keep retrying my attempt for me every 5 seconds or so and it did just that until that step was able to be completed. I probably got that screen 4 or 5 times through the whole process. That's something that Digital River and Mattel need to look at....a feature that automatically keeps trying to submit your request instead of just timing out or giving you an error screen.

    This day has really went downhill for me ever since the mattycollector.com site came online.

  7. #32
    Evil Sorcerer! Pravus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,720
    I finally got an e-mail confirmation (Close to two hours after I ordered), after the weird hiccup during submit, so I guess I'm set. I ordered one, and I'm hoping it's the regular. If it's the statue, I'm not sure, if I like it, I may keep it and put it in Castle Grayskull, if I don't, I may trade for a regular version.
    Great Black Wizard figure please!

  8. #33
    Movie mayhem!
    Patreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    8,843
    i finally got my order through but instead of doing it for 2 figures like i asked it to i only got 1 ordered.. *sigh*
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

  9. #34
    AZ Mazter Shokoti's Slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The House of Darkness
    Posts
    1,595
    Whew! Just had a scare! I checked my order history and it said no orders found, so I refreshed the page and there was my order!

    So if anyone else gets that message, try refreshing!

    (I actually saw two orders. One was unsubmitted tho. I guess one of the first attempts did go thru. Thank god it was unsubmitted!)
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

    __________

    Arizona Mazter of the Universe

  10. #35
    Slave Girl for MOTUC! Jean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,619
    I ordered 2 off of the site and I'll be giving one of them to my nephew unless I get lucky and get one of each.

    I have to properly start off the little tyke on a worthy toyline, much to my brother's chagrin.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

    Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

    No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

    A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by starbasetoys View Post
    I don't know whether I'm getting any KG's and Lobo's or not. The money for my order was taken out of my Paypal account twice. I never got any farther than the Paypal "confirm address" before the site would lock up. So I guess that was far enough for paypal to send the funds (and yes I did have more than enough funds actually in my paypal account), but apparently I still had a screen or two to go on the Mattel website to confirm my order with them.

    I've gotten two emails from paypal stating that the money was taken out of my account on two separte transactions. I've gotten two emails from Mattel saying that they are still waiting on payment.

    I've spoken to reps at both Mattel and Digital River. Neither really did anything more than take down my info and told me to check back within 72 hours. They both assured me that I could get a refund if the figures were sold out, and I definately would want a refund in that case. But if I totally miss out on these figures and have to go to ebay because of this issue, I'm gonna be seriously ticked. If it takes the whole 72 hours I've been quoted to wait for resolution, I'm pretty sure the Lobo's and KG's are gonna be long gone!

    The Hasbro site was very slow this morning, but everything went through eventually without any major problems (except they ran out of blue suited cobra commanders, but i got two black suit ones coming so that isn't that big of a deal to me). One thing I noticed about their site is that is had a screen that would come up if the system was too bogged down, and the screen said that the system would keep retrying my attempt for me every 5 seconds or so and it did just that until that step was able to be completed. I probably got that screen 4 or 5 times through the whole process. That's something that Digital River and Mattel need to look at....a feature that automatically keeps trying to submit your request instead of just timing out or giving you an error screen.

    This day has really went downhill for me ever since the mattycollector.com site came online.
    same here

    They too the money out of my paypal account but I receive and email saying this

    Thank you for placing an order on Mattel. You elected to pay with PayPal. We have not received notice of your payment.

    Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Amount
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    N3896 Masters of the Universe® Classics Ki 1 $30.00
    N3827 Lightning Storm Lightning McQueen 1 $15.00



    LINEITEM_FEE_HELP_URL

    If you still desire these items, please place a new order. If you wish to place a new order, please click on the link below to return to the store:

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Customer service at both Digitalriver and Mattel were of no help. Digitalriver told me that they do not even handle the Mattel purchases anymore and sent me off to call Mattel.

    I just want to find out what the heck is going on

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,248
    Ordered mine as soon as I got home from work.

    didn't have a bit of a problem.

  13. #38
    Decepticon Assault Team flywheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Rock Hill, SC
    Posts
    25
    My order went through w/o any problems whatsoever!

  14. #39
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    11,546
    I think my order went through fine. It took me about 3 restarts and a 1/2 hour to get my order through. I will have to double check my credit card statement to make sure I didn't get charged multiple times. I only got one e-mail confirmation, so I assume it is fine.

  15. #40
    Heroic Warrior starbasetoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Deep Space Toys
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiking View Post
    same here

    They too the money out of my paypal account but I receive and email saying this

    Thank you for placing an order on Mattel. You elected to pay with PayPal. We have not received notice of your payment.

    Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Amount
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    N3896 Masters of the Universe® Classics Ki 1 $30.00
    N3827 Lightning Storm Lightning McQueen 1 $15.00



    LINEITEM_FEE_HELP_URL

    If you still desire these items, please place a new order. If you wish to place a new order, please click on the link below to return to the store:

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Customer service at both Digitalriver and Mattel were of no help. Digitalriver told me that they do not even handle the Mattel purchases anymore and sent me off to call Mattel.

    I just want to find out what the heck is going on
    Yeah that sounds very familiar. My biggest concern is that I never got any farther in my my ordering than the Paypal screen. A friend of paid with paypal too, but his order got all the way through. He told me that there are at least one or two screens that you have to go through to complete the order process after the Paypal address confirmation screen. I didn't get that far, so I'm terrified that my order wont go through. But I'm out of money in my paypal account to try and order again! ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!

    And I never did get any kind of email confirmation. This blows!

    And now you are hearing from Digital River that they wont handle the order calls and sent you to Mattel huh. That's a bad sign, because it was someone from Digital River that was supposed to be sending my issue up the ladder to make sure my order was gonna go through. Now I'm even more worried.

    Toyguru said earlier today that Mattel was not happy with their "vendor", and I assume he meant Digital River.

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior Beasty72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bama
    Posts
    137
    I think I got 3. I've got my confirmation email, so I should be good to go. I don't think next time will be as bad because they will have more figures available. We didn't know how many they had today, so it was a mad rush. I'm not worried about future orders, but a subscription would be great. Overall Mattel has to be happy.
    I'm disabled because I chose to drink & drive. I broke my neck, when I totaled my car. I was in the exact same condition as Christopher Reeves was, but I regained my ability to walk. Please don't drink & drive. To read my story, checkout my website & share it with your family & friends.

    http://www.dontdrinkandride.com/

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior kidzthatgroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    779
    got my email confirmation within a half hour
    Good Traders - Troz, biged98, IceWolf
    Check My eBay auctions for many rarities!
    http://stores.ebay.com/Only-The-Rare...p2047675.l2563

  18. #43
    The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Whew! Just had a scare! I checked my order history and it said no orders found, so I refreshed the page and there was my order!

    So if anyone else gets that message, try refreshing!

    (I actually saw two orders. One was unsubmitted tho. I guess one of the first attempts did go thru. Thank god it was unsubmitted!)
    I haven’t been able to check my order history since I got my confirmation e-mail. But Mattel C&S confirmed it was there and went through fine. The site is just all spazed out right now. It’s kind of like an almond joy bar – sometimes the site is nuts, sometimes it’s not.

    Quote Originally Posted by firefly
    I think my order went through fine. It took me about 3 restarts and a 1/2 hour to get my order through. I will have to double check my credit card statement to make sure I didn't get charged multiple times. I only got one e-mail confirmation, so I assume it is fine.
    Sounds like my experience, except my fun lasted about an hour longer. If in doubt call them up and put your mind to rest on the issue.

  19. #44
    Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Home of the Power Tour
    Posts
    2,653
    Got my order placed within 30 minutes of the site opening. I lucked out.

    I was so fast paced that I missed you could even choose different shipping methods. I was just trying to order as fast as I could. So it could be years before I see mine.

    I'm also scared that the US mail system is going to be handling my package. I assume that is how these are being shipped if standard mail was used. Does anyone know if this is incorrect?
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

  20. #45
    Heroic Warrior kenobi96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    663
    I just ordered mine and the Order is In Process. I guess they had enough left over as it is 6:15pm EST.

    I hope I get the statue variant!!!

  21. #46
    Heroic Warrior evil-orko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    uk / kent
    Posts
    1,873
    they dont ship to england.
    New adventure wanted
    quakke / icarius / disk of doom skeletor / kayo / tuskador / artilla / staghornbattle blade skeletor/ thunderpunch he man / to tall hoove/ missle armour flipshot, spin fist hydron, staghorn
    mini boglins, moc Ghostbusters, moc Turtles, Transformers and M.A.S.K wanted

  22. #47
    Heroic Warrior A.J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SJO, Costa Rica
    Posts
    214
    I got 2 KG and 2 Gigantas right when the site opened and it took me only about 5 minutes to get it all done. Tried Paypal first but it said I couldt use it because my country (Ive been using paypal like for 5 years know) so I just canceled that first order and got a second order I paid directly with my c.c and voilá: order confirmation in my email 30 seconds later. Now the first order I tried to pay with paypal appears as pending and just got an email from Matty saying they havent received payment yet so I need to put a new order but Ill just ignore it since Im sure they will automatically cancel it since paypal never charge me for it.

    Experience was great thou. Totally worth the wait and not attending to SDCC. AWESOME job Mattel (I know the issues arent their fault).

    ONE BIG QUESTION: Are they going to put on sale on matty the SDCC volumen 3 dvd and the inflatable sword???
    COSTA RICA: NO ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS!

  23. #48
    Hail to the King Baby DamnSmooth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Bridgeport, Mi
    Posts
    354

    Glad to see

    Im glad to see it wasnt just my pc that was messing up. I personally blame my girlfriend, she made me a bet that there would be so many people logging on that the site would crash as soon as it launched. The only problem I can see is that I was debted twice for the same order. I called Mattel and they told me if it actually takes the 36.4o a second time that I just call them and they will credit my account back. So Im rather happy they way the site is going.

    PS Lighting as already sold out.

    PPS Beast Man on the site looks so freaking cool, and I dont even like Beast Man.
    "You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist

  24. #49
    Lord of Darkkbricks Darkkosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SF, CA
    Posts
    1,635
    After all the debacle I went through today, I've managed to get my order through which was two KGs... I honestly careless for the bronze/statue version, but if I happen to get one I won't be upset, I just rather have two actual KG action figures...

  25. #50
    Jealous & zealous! RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,655
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-orko View Post
    they dont ship to england.
    Or Scotland.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •