Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you order King Grayskull before it sold out? - Problems with ordering, post here

I didn't order and not planing to. I don't really care for KG but I will start collecting beginning with He-man

I got 2 ordered up, I'm really stoked to see the other figures that will be available in the comming up months, however I have a question reguarding the King grayskull figure I assume you'll have to break the seal of the box to see whether it's the bronze variant ? I really want to keep one mint in box and one loose.
    Knowledge is power, arm yourself

My feedback ,cool people I've dealt with

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ak+good+trader

I have been wondering about the seal myself, since i want to keep mine mip, but i also want to know what i got.
    ------------------

As for ordering, i was there right when they went on sale and it went pretty smooth, not wham bam thank you mam, but i suppose about 10 minutes, the mattel site was alot better than the hasbro sight this morning where i think i ordered the cobra commanders twice so i might have 4 black cobra commanders coming, maybe.
    My Collection:

Items available for sale or trade.

I have had Good Trades/Deals with: Siroko, Klocket, JVS3, oICEMANo, River, roboticplanet, rougewelder, joeybones, dutch, miscus555, tsilevon, charliecore, cderby79, manson1978, CrazyMotuFan, TombstonePiledrive, rcpax & dark knight.

Widget
    Argh. Paypal charged me for an order that did not go through. I have to figure out how to get that money back.

I was able to purchase two figures w/ a credit card about 45 minutes later.

I ordered one Giganta and One Grayskull but that order status os Order unsubmitted but they charged me anyway Then somehow one Giganta got ordered seperately.

I called them today and got no answers. I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can get them to correct this.
    Follow me on Instagram www.instagram.com/jcmilone

Quote Originally Posted by Berzerker17 View Post
    I have been wondering about the seal myself, since i want to keep mine mip, but i also want to know what i got.
    ------------------

As for ordering, i was there right when they went on sale and it went pretty smooth, not wham bam thank you mam, but i suppose about 10 minutes, the mattel site was alot better than the hasbro sight this morning where i think i ordered the cobra commanders twice so i might have 4 black cobra commanders coming, maybe.
    I've opened one KG so far. As I recall (I was pretty excited of course) the only seal to break in order to know what KG is inside is the tape that keeps the lid of the outer box shut. I intend on opening mine up with a hair dryer, then re-sticking the tape. As I recall, the door had no seal on it, so you can pull out the inner box, check which KG it is, and re-seal. That's my theory anyway

FYI, if you do end up with extra cobra commander, PM me. I didn't realize they put him up and he's gone now!
    Last edited by bezem; July 28, 2008 at 07:19pm. Reason: thought of something to add

I got 3 Grayskulls!! 1 for me & 1 for my brother & 1 for a friend as a gift.
    It was a struggle to get the order through, but I am SO glad Mattel UPPED the number from 2 to 3...
    Thanks Matty!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Heroic Warrior
    I've got one coming from the Con (thank you Val). I thought about ordering another, and if there's still some left in a few days I might. I wanted to let others that don't have one to have the opportunity before I take another one.

I put off my lunch break until 1:45 so I can be there at my computer, but got there late, then once on I kept refreshing until I saw the add to cart button and then the site kept crashing and not taking my order then our network went down when I thought I had it through! Thank the Elders I decided to check my e-mail before trying to order again because there it was! I was able to buy 2! after 25 minutes of trying I had a confirmation e-mail! Woo Hoo!!!! They are still available!
    For the Glory of the Colony!

Evil Master of D&B
    It's just changed to say they are sold out now. I've no idea how to get one to the UK!

mattycollector.com now shows the King Grayskull figure as being SOLD OUT!

So if they don't put my payment that they were oh so quick to take from my paypal account with my order that says it's "pending payment", then I'm screwed!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow.

He outsold Lobo, who is from DCUC AND Giganta from JLU??? And those two lines are still in stores. Not bad for our little online collector driven toyline that could. (Or maybe Mattel didn't make as many, since there aren't that many MOTU lovers compared to the DC fans.)

How long did it take for them to sell out? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by starbasetoys View Post
    mattycollector.com now shows the King Grayskull figure as being SOLD OUT!

So if they don't put my payment that they were oh so quick to take from my paypal account with my order that says it's "pending payment", then I'm screwed!
    Just noticed that myself. After checking my 'order history' I'm a bit worried.

I accidentally canceled the first ordered I put in, due to misinformation in the e-mail that I got (it said I had to put in a new order), but that one still exists and cleared payment somehow. The second one is still processing. I'm afraid they're going to eventually cancel the first one, and then not have enough to fulfill the second order I put in.

Hail to the King Baby DamnSmooth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wow.

I would guess roughly five hours. I ordered mine at 2:30 Michigan time(site should have opened at 3 my time) and its now little after 7:30ish. So not bad at all. Im super excited it sold out though, way to start the line!
    Last edited by DamnSmooth; July 28, 2008 at 07:57pm. Reason: extra info
    "You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist

I forgot to go to the site at 2 pm, but had no problems ordering 1 at 3 pm. Considering the problems the rest of you had, perhaps it was a good thing I forgot.
    Beware of Sham Wow imitators.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm not sure how long but I KNOW Grayskull was still available at 6:42 pm EST. starbasetoys' post saying they were sold out was 7:39 EST, so he sold out somewhere inbetween those times.

The Lightning McQueen car sold out first though. It didn't seem to take very long to sell out, but in all fairness, it was the cheapest exclusive.

I'm REALLY surprised Grayskull is out of stock 2nd. I thought Lobo would be first, Giganta 2nd and Grayskull 3rd. Anyhow, I'm very excited at how well MOTUC has sold so far. Go MOTU!

Heroic Warrior
    glad my order went through.

dunno which one I hope I get, actually.

either would be great.

Nope. My order did not go through and I didn't get to "see" that it didn't go through until after work (right now.)

MAJOR bummer!

So much for the 72 hours the Digital River and Mattel reps told me to wait before getting concerned.

Heroic Warrior
    Umm..are you kidding. They are already out!

So will there be anymore or do I have to get screwed on Ebay? And its my birthday damn it!

i just barely got my order in (7:21pm EST). I was debating for a while whether I wanted to spend that much, but finally gave in. Good thing I didn't wait much longer.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Does everyone's confirmation e-mail state: Order In Process?
    Good Traders: Domercon, parat0r, cjclifford, marndt8448, prime371, AGE, Grunaura, boggs32, phoenixinfernos1, jesstertwo, Bellamy, Trap-Jay, Steph, Kinnikuman76, zodak74, IceWolf, CHRIS-ORION, Him-Man, layz909e, Master Eternian, Peter, LORD FALLEN ELDOR, Lord Anubis, Son Of Keldor, Tinkerbeee, Pyre, Christop, bigassbuzz, MaxGoof, JeMaBo2, G2Figures, General Hawk 7, Mern-Ra, Cubsteven, lemure77

Some of us....like me didnt get an email confirmation. We are in limbo. If you got an email that says that your order is in process then you are fine. The Mattel rep told me that product wont ship for a few days so that means your order is being processed. But if you actually got a confirmation email, then you are good to go....must be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzor View Post
    Does everyone's confirmation e-mail state: Order In Process?
    No, my e-mail says it's proof of purchase. If I go to www.findmyorder.com, though, the status says "Order in Process."

I ordered Lobo only, though. I didn't want KG.

Wakko

I just received an email stating that my order has shipped. Woo HOO!!!!

Drewsky...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Grayskull
    By my name shall my decendents have the honor and power to combat evil.
    -----
    There's a third sword of Grayskull...I know it!
    -----
    http://eternia.4t.com
    UNDER RENOVATIONS! Try the first & only Classic line Create-A-Figure!
    -----
    WANTED: MOC MOTUC Whiplash, MOC MOTUC Roboto