Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you order King Grayskull before it sold out? - Problems with ordering, post here

Hail to the King Baby DamnSmooth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzor View Post
    Does everyone's confirmation e-mail state: Order In Process?
    Mine does, but mine shows payment to Digital River, and I have a order conforamtion. On top of that when I called Mattel they confrimed that my order had been placed
    "You weren't born into this life to be popular" -- Jimmy Newquist

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    No, my e-mail says it's proof of purchase. If I go to www.findmyorder.com, though, the status says "Order in Process."

I ordered Lobo only, though. I didn't want KG.

Wakko
    Yes my e-mail says that too, I got two e-mails, first the PayPal receipt then the second one,

Thanks!
    Good Traders: Domercon, parat0r, cjclifford, marndt8448, prime371, AGE, Grunaura, boggs32, phoenixinfernos1, jesstertwo, Bellamy, Trap-Jay, Steph, Kinnikuman76, zodak74, IceWolf, CHRIS-ORION, Him-Man, layz909e, Master Eternian, Peter, LORD FALLEN ELDOR, Lord Anubis, Son Of Keldor, Tinkerbeee, Pyre, Christop, bigassbuzz, MaxGoof, JeMaBo2, G2Figures, General Hawk 7, Mern-Ra, Cubsteven, lemure77

Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    Nope. My order did not go through and I didn't get to "see" that it didn't go through until after work (right now.)
    MAJOR bummer!

EXACTLY!

I tried paying with credit card (2 times), and all I kept getting was "There is a problem with your funding source..." or some such nonsense (which turned out to be just the site not being able to do the ONE THING IT'S SUPPOSED TO DO.

I then tried paying with Pay Pal 3 times.

It didn't go through either, because mattycollector.com (was "not receiving the signal" or some OTHER such nonsense).

Mattel sold many KG's at the con (sometimes sealed cases, as was pointed out by members here who were in attendance), because MANY scalpers have them on ebay right now.

NO WAY will I pay MORE than Mattel's mattycollector.com price.
    I got home from an appointment to find this email:

------------------------------------------------------------
    SUBJECT: Your paymen for Order **********

Dear Brian Rooney,
    Thank you for placing an order on Mattel. You elected to pay with PayPal. We have not received notice of your payment.
    Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Amount
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    N3895 JLU GigantaAction Figure 2-P 2 $40.00
    N3896 Masters of the UniverseŽ 1 $30.00
    Classics King Grayskull

If you still desire these items, please place a new order. If you wish to place a new order, please click on the link below to return to the store: www.findmyorder.com

Please note: This e-mail message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message. Sincerely,Customer Service

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by bcrduke; July 28, 2008 at 09:32pm.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by Drewsky View Post
    I just received an email stating that my order has shipped. Woo HOO!!!!

Drewsky...

ALREADY!??? awesome! heres hoping I get one too soon!

You know, its a whole new era for us MOTU fans (and JLU fans, etc). Cant wait for new figures to come!!!!
    COSTA RICA: NO ARTIFICIAL INGREDIENTS!

This sucks. I tried ordering with my credit card, thought it went through, but it did NOT. Now it's too late since its sold out. I don't blame Mattel, but the company they went with, but now I just feel screwed.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar

Drewsky...
    Drewsky,

You are one lucky person

What time did you get your order placed at?
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Drewsky...
    Hey Drewsky, that's awesome! What payment method did you use? I paid by credit card the MOMENT the site went live and haven't received an e-mail about my stuff being shipped. Just curious because I'm also from Ontario.

you should check your order history on the site...

it could be that it didn't go through

I just tried playing around with the email notice I got... I was able to log onto the site, using the order number, etc., and they had the three things I ordered still invoiced, but the only option was to "Return" and then show why I canceled.

HA!

Why I canceled. right.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I just tried playing around with the email notice I got... I was able to log onto the site, using the order number, etc., and they had the three things I ordered still invoiced, but the only option was to "Return" and then show why I canceled.

HA!

Why I canceled. right.
    My order went through, I can see everything fine. After looking up your order #, it gives the OPTION to cancel your order or view invoice (two different red buttons). I click the view invoice and it shows everything, still says it's being processed. Then there's a red button on the bottom "return". I just x'd off the page though because I don't want it to accidentally return my item.

I don't want to look at my stuff anymore though for fear the site will cancel my order by accident since everything is brand new and maybe glitchy or something.

I can't believe they sold out in 5.5 hours....I'm kind of shocked, unless they're just going through all the orders to make sure whomever got one in is guaranteed one.
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    I can't believe they sold out in 5.5 hours....I'm kind of shocked
    Me too. I'm very curious to know how many they put up for sale on the site.

Very surprised! Glad I got one from SDCC!

Man! Brilliant work Mattel!

Your new site has been up for less than a day and you've already sold out of your flagship item!!!!

Great work. Way to get the fans onside.

Oh but wait.....there's more!

The site's broke!

Yeah....only make the figures available online. Great move. You'd think that a site set up with the SOLE PURPOSE of selling product would work the minute it launches....but no.

I hate to say I told you so.....but what the Hell, I TOLD YOU SO!

Masters of the Universe is the most famous line.

For myself i will use Paypal for the first time and i hope to get always my two figures. BUT my thoughts are very strong -that the figures will be VERY fast sold out.

I long myself a lot of luck which for getting, because I am jobless, unfortunately, at the moment I have a lot of time.

I just tried to double check my confirmation through the website, and the site won't even load. Mattel must be thrilled about all of this!
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    After looking up your order #, it gives the OPTION to cancel your order or view invoice (two different red buttons). I click the view invoice and it shows everything, still says it's being processed. Then there's a red button on the bottom "return". I just x'd off the page though because I don't want it to accidentally return my item.

I don't want to look at my stuff anymore though for fear the site will cancel my order by accident since everything is brand new and maybe glitchy or something.

Yeah, mine had that too, "Return" or "View Invoice" - when I clicked "View Invoice," it showed the items I ordered, but wouldn't let me pay... it just said, "Return" again.

I am sure I can get one from SOMEONE, but I don't want to go through this EVERY month...

I want a subscription.
    Last edited by bcrduke; July 28, 2008 at 09:33pm.

Quote Originally Posted by KILLER-CLONE View Post

Your new site has been up for less than a day and you've already sold out of your flagship item!!!!

The site's broke!

Yeah....only make the figures available online. Great move. You'd think that a site set up with the SOLE PURPOSE of selling product would work the minute it launches....but no.

Selling out of the item within 6 hours = amazing demand depending on how many figures were available for sale. The site didn't "break" it just crashed because of the amount of people on it at once, which will happen with any site. The best example of this is FurtureShop. Their site ALWAYS crashes at some period the first day of their boxing day sales. I'm pretty sure even He-Man.org has crashed at least once because of the traffic.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 28, 2008 at 09:05pm.

he he... I just looked at ebay and KG is already selling for US$50++.

Man, what a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Selling out of the item withing 6 hours = amazing demand depending on how may figures were available for sale. The site didn't "break" it just crashed because of the amount of people on it at once, which will happen with any site. The best example of this is FurtureShop. Their site ALWAYS crashes at some period the first day of their boxing day sales. I'm pretty sure even He-Man.org has crashed at least once because of the traffic.

A site only breaks if its under resourced.
    Last edited by KILLER-CLONE; July 28, 2008 at 08:50pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

For those of you that got confirmation e-mails from Paypal & Mattel/Digital River can you confirm your order number on the website? I received both of the e-mails and called in and confirmed, but the website says that no orders are found when I try to search for it.

Why couldn't I just go buy MOTU at the store? Mattel please don't turn me in to a raving lunatic by messing up my order...

The site's broke!

Dude, it's a was a limited quantity left over from the Con.
    Of course it was going to sold out.
    KG wasn't even supposed to be available on the site in first place. It has been there because WE asked for it.

There is no need to blame Mattel or the site for that.
    It just doesn't make any sense to do that.
    Now you're basicallly complaing about the figure being succesful.
    So, please really stop complaining about everything, please just stop.

And, if the site has having technical difficulties because is being hit by more people than they expect, well, you all should be happy!
    It means than the line can be successful beyond our expectation!

Be patient and we're sure technical problem will be worked out.
    Actually, be glad this happened with a limited variant, and there is time to fix it before the real line starts in October.

Oh, I'm not "unhappy" about the selling out. It's the opposite actually. I'm astounded and extremely HAPPY about it.

This is "MY" MOTU line... I LOVE it!

I'm just hoping someone will take pity on me and hook me up now that I'm one of the peeps that have missed the boat due to "whatever"... (a "statue" King Grayskull please?! )
    Last edited by Sllohcin; July 28, 2008 at 09:24pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Same thing happened at HTS this morning with the Joes. KG lasted longer than I thought it would. The Car sold out before KG did.
    HOOS HOOS HOOS HOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just checked again and this time my order came up. It only had a button for view invoice. I clicked that and the site crashed.

I am happy that this figure is doing so well. I would be even happier if I was smothering it with my love right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    So, please really stop complaining about everything, just stop.

And, if the site has having technical difficulties because is being hitten by more people than they expect, well, you all should be happy!
    It means than the line can be successful beyond our expectation!

Be patient and we're sure technical problem will be worked out.
    Actually, be glad this happened with a limited variant, and there is time to fix it before the real line starts in October.
    Why do you want to gag a difference of opinion?

I complain because Mattel consistently get things wrong. And unless people complain, things won't get fixed. Of course I want MoTU to be successful. That's WHY I've been complaining about the Classics/online delivery approach from the beginning because I think that approach is WRONG and DOOMED.

And here we are, day one of their site launch and the very people to whom Mattel are targeting their product are complaining of difficulties.

If a site is your CORE business as it is with mattycollector.com. You HAVE to get it right from minute one. You test and re-test before launch. you don't launch and then **** people off because it doesn't work.

It's a shame you can't accept my opinion on this. Surely a forum such as this should have a balanced view. I'm not going to blindly accept every hiccup Mattel deliver. It's not good enough.

Emiliano,

I agree - to a certain extent...

but Mattel made this sound like it was for US. many of us got jipped today... many of us who thought we paid, came home to emails full of messed up orders.

People have said on here that they saw people with sealed cases of this figure leaving the con.

They are going for crazy prices already on ebay... which is fine, if we could order it directly from Mattel.

I just don't believe that FANS were the majority of the people who bought the figures on the website today.

It also infuriates me that after trying to pay 3 times with a credit card, I couldn't due to the website's incapability of processing the order. Mattel may not be controling that, physically, but they hired this service to run their site, and it stinks.

I then tried paying with Pay Pal... that obviously didn't work either, because I got an email this evening saying my pay pal payment had not been processed.... and lucky me, it WASN'T.... even though I did what I was supposed to via Mattel's site.

To add insult to injury, I had to go to the site and cancel the order myself... Mattel couldn't even do that for me... they made me look at my invoice, and choose either "Return" or "View Invoice." Not "PAY." They were 'kind' enough to tell me that if I wanted to complete the order, I had to cancel the current one and order all over again.

It's frustrating, and after all the build-up, it's just MORE Mattel fumbles.

I don't want this to happen with the other figures.

I am a DIE-HARD He-Man/She-Ra fan. Why should slimy scalpers be coddled by Mattel at SDCC, and sold entire cases of a limited figure intended for fans, while I can't even get them to process my order for one.

it's just plain annoying. so forgive my caustic comments (and perhaps anyone else's)... it's kind of a big downer to read about people enjoying their figure, or receiving their order confirmation, when the rest of us are sitting here with nothing.