Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: should skeletor come with keldor heads??

should skeletor come with keldor heads??

or should a Keldor figure be released by himself?

i was thinking if we only get around 14-15 figures a year, figures are $20, and some variants can be accomplished by throwing in extra heads and accessories, then it would make sense to make skeletor and keldor a package deal.

you could also throw in the battle armor that can clip on after you remove his harness and get 3 figures out of him!

now that i got started, why not include the terrow claws with an extra chest piece?
    LOOKING for these MOTU Full Cardbacks:
    -Skeletor w/"original" promo on front
    -Man E Faces w/ "extra weapons" promo on front
    -Trap Jaw w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    -Tri Klops w/o Ring Promo on front & newer figures pictured on back
    & Mantisaur Empty Box (USA) Version

Heroic Warrior
    I don't want to hijack your thread, but you've got a really good point in general. Given that the new line is not going to have action figures, I think that it would make sense to have "armor packs" which lets you turn figures into some of their variants... black armor Zodak, red wing vs blue wing Stratos, etc could be accomplished this way (like you could with the weapons pack). I've thought that they need to consider the weapons/armor pack from the original line (I never understood why the 200x line didn't have at least 1).

that would make for an AWESOME deluxe figure!! but i really would want seperate figures so i can display them all at once
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I agree that the interchangable heads would be a good idea. It would just cut to the chase for the Keldor aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    that would make for an AWESOME deluxe figure!! but i really would want seperate figures so i can display them all at once
    But in that case, just order two of him, and put one head on one, and the other head on the other one.

That's what I would probably do. Let's face it, if they do a Keldor figure, they will like reuse Skeletor's body and most of his parts like they did with the 200X Keldor figure anyway.

So you would essentially just be buying another Skeletor with a different head on it anyway, and it would be a separate figure, meaning that at 1 figure per month, we'd have this taking up a whole extra month, when we could just have one figure with interchangable heads, order a couple of it, and have it all at once.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; July 30, 2008 at 11:49am.

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    That's why you buy two or more. I certainly plan on getting multiples of the figures that have more than one head. It will be like having a totally separate figure to display.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I'd actually prefer an entirely new Keldor figure complete with retooled armor, boots, cape and hands. There's so many differences in his looks, I'd like to see them aknowledged.

Instead, I really hope that Skeletor will have his double-bladed axe along with Sword and Havoc Staff.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Hmm... I would be for it, but Keldor is supposed to also have human feet and hands, which Skelly obviously doesn't have. And then there's the question of the harness-straps which are also different. No bones, like on Skelly.

And it does look like this line will have molded on armour, yes? Atleast it looks like King G has it glued.

And finally, the real kicker... does a Classic Keldor have blue.. or Tan skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Hmm... I would be for it, but Keldor is supposed to also have human feet and hands, which Skelly obviously doesn't have. And then there's the question of the harness-straps which are also different. No bones, like on Skelly.
    Agreed. Keldor should resemble Skeletor in costume, but not be a carbon copy in my opinion.
    I'd like him to have normal hands and feet too. Keep the blue skin though... (See below)

Heck, I'd love to see the Keldor feature some more... Horde-like colors to him if he's made in the Classics line!

And it does look like this line will have molded on armour, yes? Atleast it looks like King G has it glued.
    Nope, the armor should be removable from He-Man and on with the figures.
    I think King Grayskull's armor IS removable with some customizing help, they are separate pieces after all... I've yet to get my fig, but I'll try to see what's possible when I get him.
    Plus he has that big cape, and I'm sure it's "plugged" onto his back with a big fat square plug like the DCUC figs. But again, with some customizing... I think a skilled customizer could easily make his armor removable.

And finally, the real kicker... does a Classic Keldor have blue.. or Tan skin?
    That all depends on who you talk to.
    There are those that feel there is a blue skinned race on Eternia and Keldor and his mother are of this race. I like this idea.
    But then there's the early Mark Taylor idea, that Skeletor was thrown into some strange dimension by his father, and in that dimension he mutated and became the monster that we know him to be. (Thus the creepy fin arms and monster feet, oh and a skull for a head.)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

To me Keldor was always blue (Da Ba Dee Da) LOL

I really like all the points that you guys brought up here. Make your own Varients great idea. and it really wont be that exspensive. But then again it would be. But if I reecall they said there will be some figures with come with 2 heads. so Keldor has to be one of them.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I think a Keldor head and a non-hooded skull head wouldn't be a bad idea but I'd rather have a more accurate Keldor with boots and different crossbones design.

There's a lot of assumptions here based on what Keldor looked like in the 200x cartoon.

What if Mattel goes back to the Search for Keldor mini comic and gives him white skin to match Randor? The the whole "He sort to master magic -- until his experiments went wrong and was lost in dimensions beyond time" story could give him a differnt look. Just a thought. But in this case I would want a new figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimporama View Post
    There's a lot of assumptions here based on what Keldor looked like in the 200x cartoon.

What if Mattel goes back to the Search for Keldor mini comic and gives him white skin to match Randor? The the whole "He sort to master magic -- until his experiments went wrong and was lost in dimensions beyond time" story could give him a differnt look. Just a thought. But in this case I would want a new figure.
    Keldor was never shown in the classic line so the 200x version is the only one they can use for reference... luckily.

As for the main topic, I think Keldor should have his own figure with a more human aproach.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    I would rather they release Keldor as a stand alone figure/convention exclusive.
    Skeletor should have apparent differences from Keldor beyond just a head-swap.

I would like for Skeletor to be shipped like Mer-Man, with an extra head, though. One face/skull would be comic accurate, the other more like the toy.

With that said . . .

They seem to be relying very heavily on the original mini-comics and stories for inspiration. Prior to those last few mini-comics at the end of the line, Skeletor was a demon from Infinita (sister Planet to Eternia). There was no Keldor.

Which way are they going this time? Demon from another dimension, or Randor’s magic using brother who gets his face burned off? Was this asked/answered at the panel?

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I'd actually prefer Keldor with Boots this time. I was very disappointed with the last Keldor version. Actually it was Skeletor with extra heads. That happend when you recycle parts, you just don't put any effort nor passion on the product. Keldor deserve his own figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow View Post
    They seem to be relying very heavily on the original mini-comics and stories for inspiration. Prior to those last few mini-comics at the end of the line, Skeletor was a demon from Infinita (sister Planet to Eternia). There was no Keldor.

Which way are they going this time? Demon from another dimension, or Randor’s magic using brother who gets his face burned off? Was this asked/answered at the panel?
    They said they are using the canon from the mini comics AND the 200x series. It could go either way I guess, but my guess is they'll stick with Keldor.
    The character is pretty popular and he is used a lot more (he is used in both the 80's and 200x arch) then the Infinita story,

I just thought of something... Wouldn't it have been sweet if Despondos was called Infinita in the 200x series? It would tie things together...
    Last edited by Neo; July 30, 2008 at 07:26pm.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

I've always liked the mini comics origin of Keldor or rather what was hinted at. No one knew Skeletor was Keldor. I also agree with a lot of you here that Keldor needs his own figure, one that has more humanistic features. I'm leaning towards the blue skin but could go with it either way.

Movie mayhem!
    I'd like to see skeletor come with three heads: Keldor head, yellow classic style skull head, and white MYP skull head. It would also be nice to get a burning face like his exclusive had... but they might not go for 4 heads!
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

See id love a Keldor figure with boots. But to me its an unecessary figure. To make a figure like this only will delay the completion of the line itself. If you throw in an extra head and cape with Skeley then that works for me. I'd really like to be able to finish this line and then do the others.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

One head should definitely look something from original mini-comic, like seen here on the right side: http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/...01/09-10.shtml . That definitely is my image of what Skeletor looks like.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Agreed. Keldor should resemble Skeletor in costume, but not be a carbon copy in my opinion.
    I'd like him to have normal hands and feet too. Keep the blue skin though... (See below)

Heck, I'd love to see the Keldor feature some more... Horde-like colors to him if he's made in the Classics line!

There are those that feel there is a blue skinned race on Eternia and Keldor and his mother are of this race. I like this idea.
    But then there's the early Mark Taylor idea, that Skeletor was thrown into some strange dimension by his father, and in that dimension he mutated and became the monster that we know him to be. (Thus the creepy fin arms and monster feet, oh and a skull for a head.)
    Ah.. the mysterious "Gar", as we fans have come to call them.

There we have a litterally blank slate of stories, who are they, and why are they so incredibly few?

I know about the ol' Infinita sister-planet/other dimension, aye, but has Mark Taylor really said that he figured Skeletor became what he is from being thrown into a different dimension by his father??

Quite astonishing if it's true mate! Sounds like both of the old 80's origins ( and in result the 200x as well) would then be based partially on that one??

Where have you read or heard this? Enquiring minds have been made curious indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    One head should definitely look something from original mini-comic, like seen here on the right side: http://www.he-man.org/primary_sects/...01/09-10.shtml . That definitely is my image of what Skeletor looks like.
    Dude, you could have just said, look at my Avatar.

Evil Greedy Toy Monger DarthAmerica's Avatar
    I like the idea of an extra Keldor head being packaged with Skeletor. I also like the weapons pack idea.

Dude, you could have just said, look at my Avatar.
    I suppose, but if I ever change the avatar, my old post would not make sense.

The mini-comic look, with the emotionless skull would be my first choice, one that we had at the cardback does differ from that by having a lot more colour to it. Since we are getting classic toy and mini-comic/cardback look for Mer-man, I think chances are high for that to happen with Skeletor too... only problem in my opinion is that he has more faces!

We have the Original Toy look which is quite close to the Cardback one but still different. Then we have mini-comic look. On top of that there is Filmation look (which they fortuantely have no rights to I take) and 200x look.

List would be:
    - Original toy face
    - Cardback face (slightly different from the toy)
    - Original mini-comic face
    - Filmation face (no rights to that one, I take)
    - Live Action Movie face (Would require its own figure anyway)
    - NA face (toy and cartoon look radically different in this one, not likely as would need its own body/equipment too)
    - 200x face
    - 200x Keldor

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    That happend when you recycle parts, you just don't put any effort nor passion on the product. Keldor deserve his own figure.
    Waitaminute... You're not trying to say the Four Horsemen didn't have any passion or put forth any effort towards the 200X line did you?
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

I know about the ol' Infinita sister-planet/other dimension, aye, but has Mark Taylor really said that he figured Skeletor became what he is from being thrown into a different dimension by his father??
    Hmmm. Looks like you've not heard everything then?

Where have you read or heard this? Enquiring minds have been made curious indeed.
    I could say... But I'm not sure if I'm at liberty.
    (shoot me a PM.)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Just to add, I don't think Skeletor should come with extra heads at all.

He needs to come with his Havoc staff, his half of the Power Sword to match He-Man's and a Full Power Sword (maybe). Like He-Man this would mean there's no room for a second head.