Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who do you NOT want to see get remade?

Who do you NOT want to see get remade?

I think almost every (if not every) toyline has at least one. You know, that one character that no one likes. For example, Transformers has Wheelie. No one likes that little orange rhyming robotic reject. He's both a character and a toy that TF fans love to hate. I'm not sure if MotU has an equivalent of something to that extent, but what character in your opinion do you not want to see get made. Explain.

For me, it's gwildor. Never cared for that character, or for any of the 1987 movie villains for that matter. Thoughts?

Smash Blade He-Man and Spin Blade Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    For me, it's gwildor. Never cared for that character, or for any of the 1987 movie villains for that matter. Thoughts?
    I think I don't like what your selling, both as a Gwildor fan and a person who hates it when people say "_______ should never be remade"

Just because I don't like a character doesn't mean that it should be denied to whoever does like it.

A thread like this can lead to nothing but arguments.
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

easy one:

GWILDOR! To me he is no MotU!
    Sorry, but to me he was a lame movie-replacement for Orko!

The other movie-characters (as far as Eternians go - no Earthlings of course) however I like and I want them to get a new figure that better fits in than the movie-figs did back in the day...

Well, I also don't care too much for the Energy-Zoids, but I'd be curious what the 4HM could make out of these thingies!

Oh! And the Meteorbs are even worse than Gwildor! THIS really is no MotU!!

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I have no objections to any character getting made. I just won't have to spend the money on them.

If this were the 200X line? I wouldn't have these characters on the list.
    Because as we all saw, the 4HM can make any character cool.

But based on a "Classics" line? Where they are sticking to certain classic elements?

I do not care to see the following... Sorry in advance for all of you I'm sure I'll offend...

Gwildor
    Twistoid
    Rotar
    Blast Attack
    Ninjor
    Rio Blast
    Snout Spout
    Multi Bot
    Dragstor
    Prince Adam
    Adora
    Orko
    Mekaneck (Definitely the first MotU character I didn't like.)
    Any Meteorbs
    Most of the NA characters
    Lookie
    Bow
    Broom
    Madame Razz
    Any of the Sprites

I'm sure there's a few more.
    These are all just characters I care very little for.
    They're not bad or horrible characters IMO, just not toys I care to collect.
    I'm sure there are maybe some there of the She-Ra line that fall into the "Filmation untouchables". And I'm sure there are plenty there that will be made, becasue so many see them as crucial to MotU... (Adam for instance.)

You asked. I listed. It's just me and my opinion... Pretty harmless really.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    I think I don't like what your selling, both as a Gwildor fan and a person who hates it when people say "_______ should never be remade"

Just because I don't like a character doesn't mean that it should be denied to whoever does like it.

Point taken, but you know, this is all only an opinion. Opinions vary, even ones we don't share.

The thing is, this new line SEEMS to be geared to only 1 a month. That's just 12 figures a year not including exclusives. So, I'm sure there are folks out there who would rather not see a character made based on whatever reason. I chose Gwildor simply because he really isn't a MotU character. Sure he appeared in the movie, and that was it. I remember being extremely disappointed in seeing him on the big screen instead of, say, Orko. But that's just my opinion. I'm entitled to mine just as you are entitled to yours. This thread wasn't meant to start anything. It's just an opinion.

I figured that in threads asking what figures people WANT to get made, that there is quite a large list. And it would be easier to see how people feel about what they don't want to see. And that is constructive criticism. Like Smash Blade He-Man, Spin Blade Skeletor, or even Jungle Attack He-Man. I don't want to see a ton of He-Man and Skeletor repaints, and I'm sure others will agree. I see nothing wrong with having this thread and it remaining a civil discussion.

Any of the He-Man/Skeletor figures from the 200x line (Smash/Spin Blade, Snake Hunter, Mecha Crush, etc).

The only decent versions from 200x were Ice Armor He-Man and Snake Armor He-Man.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; August 1, 2008 at 08:10am.

i don't have any characters that i would not want to see remade. There are some that i'll skip most likely, but i'm still happy if they do get remade.

But, characters that i hope that will not get MADE at all are

He-Ro
    WB He-man
    ANY variants (atleast before year 2020)

heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Fearless Photog.
    I would've had some hopes for a 200x redesign. But as a MotU Classics figure, staying close to the source material (the contest pic)? Sorry, for me he looks like a bad MotU ripoff. Not interested at all.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    Well id never say that there are figures that shouldnt be redone, but there are a fair few i'd rather not see.

For me, the less POP remade, the better. Dont get me wrong, the major characters need to be done, but I dont think i'd shell out for say, Netossa or someone along those lines. But thats just my opinion.

All the variants...smash blade, spin blade, dragon blaster..etc...I think it would be cool to make battle packs with weapons and accessories to add on to the main figure....for dragon blaster it could be a new chast armor with dragon cannon that snaps on to skeletor, same with battle armor He-man and Skelly...make the figure more versatile with accessories.
    Ram Man's long lost brother!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    And I'm sure there are plenty there that will be made, becasue so many see them as crucial to MotU... (Adam for instance.)
    He needs to be released as the original blue-vest 82 DC Comics version.
    No filmation-pinkness.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Disco Skeletor.......
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

Maybe some of the crazier variants from the 200X line, but as far as characters, I want everybody!

I don't understand how Fearless Photog as a MOTUC figure would be a bad thing, I mean, he was going to be an 80s line figure with the re-used parts like everybody else to begin with.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

SHE RA!!!!!!!!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Agreed. Every character has someone who likes them, and this new line is all about possibilities, not limiting them.

Though I can see a re-do of the Smash Blade figures opening some old wounds....
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Turbo Orangutan Kosmic JimPansen's Avatar
    Sorry but all She-Ra and NA Stuff.
    But i hope the Horsemen will do them in a way, i will like them and buy

Heroic Warrior of Avion
    Gwildor, definitely.

--Leanne

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Meteorbs. Forget 'em, drop 'em from canon. They are barely referenced, barely made any sort of impact. Leave the Transformers to Hasbro.

Roton and Twistoid. Drop the Energy Zoids too.

Gwildor, Blade and Sauron. Don't make Karg either. We want to forget the first MOTU movie. We have better existing canon versions of those characters.
    Gwildor=Orko
    Blade=Tri-Klops
    Sauron=Kobra Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    I don't understand how Fearless Photog as a MOTUC figure would be a bad thing, I mean, he was going to be an 80s line figure with the re-used parts like everybody else to begin with.
    He has a camera lens for a head. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    He has a camera lens for a head. Nuff said.
    I think you're losing your objectivity regarding MOTU.

Co-Creator of the NV
    • Anyone from POP
    • The Meteorbs
    • Comet People
    • Vast majority of the variants out there

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    What if the meteorbs were made in proper scale to the figures? Would that change people's minds about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I think you're losing your objectivity regarding MOTU.
    I don't even understand what you're trying to say there. So, it's fine to say that someone doesn't want any NA figures because the original figures sucked; but if I say that I wouldn't want a Photog because I think it was a weak design, I loose my objectivity?