Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who do you NOT want to see get remade?

I agree with Nate on this. I like PA but really his classic colors are a bit much.

Gwildor
    Twistoid
    Rotar
    Blast Attack
    Ninjor
    Rio Blast
    Snout Spout
    Multi Bot
    Dragstor
    Prince Adam
    Adora
    Orko
    Mekaneck (Definitely the first MotU character I didn't like.)
    Any Meteorbs
    Most of the NA characters
    Lookie
    Bow
    Broom
    Madame Razz
    Any of the Sprites
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    You know... thinking it trough, I don't think there's really any perticular character I really dislike in all of the Toyline's incarnations and canons.

EXCEPT... For the Energy Zoids and Meteorbs!

The Zoids are simply too over-the-top, too horribly disfigured, too illogical for me to accept. I apologize to you, their fans ( who are you btw? I've only seen one of you on these boards in the years I've been here), this is the way I feel.

Now... I think maybe, just maybe, the Meteorbs could be made cool, if they were entirely redesigned. But since they would be classic-themed instead... nah, sorry lads and lasses, but they're really horrible space-eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I do not care to see the following... Sorry in advance for all of you I'm sure I'll offend...

Gwildor
    Twistoid
    Rotar
    Blast Attack
    Ninjor
    Rio Blast
    Snout Spout
    Multi Bot
    Dragstor
    Prince Adam
    Adora
    Orko
    Mekaneck (Definitely the first MotU character I didn't like.)
    Any Meteorbs
    Most of the NA characters
    Lookie
    Bow
    Broom
    Madame Razz
    Any of the Sprites

I'm sure there's a few more.
    These are all just characters I care very little for.
    They're not bad or horrible characters IMO, just not toys I care to collect.
    I'm sure there are maybe some there of the She-Ra line that fall into the "Filmation untouchables". And I'm sure there are plenty there that will be made, becasue so many see them as crucial to MotU... (Adam for instance.)

You asked. I listed. It's just me and my opinion... Pretty harmless really.
    NOOoooo...! My beloved Slush-Head... tossed out the window.. My favourited Snout Spout ( this is almost serious, I like him. it's true)

I'm a bit surprised you put Adora there tho, when you left out almost all of the rest of the core pop-characters, even She-Ra? How do you reckon' that?

You know, Baertsch, I gotta' pinch you in the beard for this.

Hey Predabot,

I believe I am the only fan of the Energy Zoids! As a kid, I used to love playing with them. They had the coolest "action" feature of any of the MOTU toys. I would set up all my figures for a battle, rev those Zoids up and let them spin through and knock all the figures down. They were a blast to play with. I know they aren't much to look at, but they were fun. And I know the MOTUC won't have action features, but I still want them...along with the Meteorbs!

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I'm a completist, so there aren't any figures I don't want to see. (Mattel will love me!) There are a few figures/characters that I wish hadn't been part of the line in the first place, but because I want everything, I will still buy them. I never liked Orko, and I didn't like the movie. I was okay with the movie figures except for (you guessed it) Gwildor. I liked the energy zoids as a child, but have a hard time seeing them without their action feature. A strong reinterpretation is needed for them (Mostly so they can stand without support), but this is a classics line, so reinterpretation may be limited. I'd buy MOTUC meteorbs, but I'd really like to see them in proper scale to the figures. I hope that any new characters in the line are ones that many of the fans are asking for. I don't want to see a Fearless Photog, etc.

Honestly I can't think of anyone or anything aside from the Meteorbs. I would gladly purchase the Enerhy Zoids as they are unique and it could be interesting to see what the 4HM can do with them. The Meteorbs aside I definitely do no want to see any 200x variant. The classic variants would be fine I mean TP He-Man would be awesome!
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

The only two that come immediately to mind is Snout Spout (who I think is the DUMBEST MOTU character in creation) and Clamp Champ (who I just found boring).
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

I can't go back to liking Evil Lynn as a jaundice yellow figure, but since this is based on the classics, if yellow skinned Lyn is the only one they make I'll get her. I'll pay the extra for an exclusive MYP/200x colors figure if one is made so I won't feel the need to get the regular version and I'll be perfectly happy for the many of y'all who love her 80s look.
    ...and I'm spent...

Mandola [my band!]

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    The Zoids are simply too over-the-top, too horribly disfigured, too illogical for me to accept. I apologize to you, their fans ( who are you btw? I've only seen one of you on these boards in the years I've been here), this is the way I feel.
    I like Rotar and Twistoid! I think they're pretty neat. Rotar kind of looks like Ram Man a bit too. Ram Man always did seem kind of "spacey"...

Heroic Warrior
    Well...it's not so much a matter of who I do/don't want to get redone, it's a matter of order of release.

I am hoping that the announced action figures sell well but are NOT followed by action figures in the same release order as the original and (for the most part) the 200X line.

So...I'd rather see new things like a Horde Trooper, Evilseed, Scare-Glow, God Skeletor from the 1987 movie, etc., before Man-E-Faces, Ram-Man, Mekaneck and other characters we got as toys from 200X and stactions. But I think it's probably better for Mattel to just sprinkle the line with new stuff and stick to the classic well-known characters.

ORKO!!!!!!!!!!

He is so unnesassary. His character in the cartoon was to capture the kiddy's mind. Well this is an adult line no need for kiddie stuff this time around.

Gwildor is great. Man I need that Cosmic Key in my collection.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    Right here! Twistoid and Rotar FTW
    People who say certain characters should never be remade is stupid. Throw rocks at them.

I support Filmation characters for MOTUC! Let Mattel know it's worth their while to get the rights to those characters!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    Hey Predabot,

I believe I am the only fan of the Energy Zoids! As a kid, I used to love playing with them. They had the coolest "action" feature of any of the MOTU toys. I would set up all my figures for a battle, rev those Zoids up and let them spin through and knock all the figures down. They were a blast to play with. I know they aren't much to look at, but they were fun. And I know the MOTUC won't have action features, but I still want them...along with the Meteorbs!
    I'm another fan of the Energy Zoids.
    ne jabba no badda!

Quote Originally Posted by Money$hot View Post
    I can't go back to liking Evil Lynn as a jaundice yellow figure, but since this is based on the classics, if yellow skinned Lyn is the only one they make I'll get her. I'll pay the extra for an exclusive MYP/200x colors figure if one is made so I won't feel the need to get the regular version and I'll be perfectly happy for the many of y'all who love her 80s look.
    I feel the same way. The 200X Evil-Lynn colors are so great.

I WANT THEM ALL! To me there were no bad characters in thr MYTHOS.
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    I don't spend all my time saying "I hope to God that they never remake Jitsu. What a crappy character, and RACIST!"
    What about Ninjor and Clamp Champ? Ninjor could be seen as a way of saying all or most Asians are ninjas and Clamp Champ could be interpreted as saying black people are only good at executing sleeperholds.

I know the weapon for the toy clamped around most figures' waists, but its effect was perpetually a submission move which is a modern stigma of African-Americans. Remember when Dave Chappelle put that white guy to sleep in the "Mad Real World" sketch?

Still, time will tell if we get better diversity from this property. Maybe we'll see an African villian or an Asian Hero. Maybe we'll see more than just tokens for all the ethnic groups out there scattered amongst dozens of white guys.
    I make my own MOTU video game stuff. Check it out.

dA - wallbie.deviantart.com
    YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors
    Daily Motion - http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie#video=x14o6e4

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    I want Ninjor, Fisto, Jitsu, and Champ Clamp! Give me the third string heroes and villains any day of the week!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

The only character I could see myself not buying is Fearless Fotog. I really don't want to see him made.

Other characters that I would still buy but would rather see omitted or at least held off on are Snout-Spout, Gwildor, Rio Blast, and Ninjor. Hate those guys.

But, I understand that even those characters have their fans, so I wouldn't propose they not be made at all.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Personally, I am not against any character being made. However, I do NOT want to see HE-MAN and SKELETOR on stilts.
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Personally, I am not against any character being made. However, I do NOT want to see HE-MAN and SKELETOR on stilts.

Party pooper... then we can't have figures like "Tight-Rope-Walking Teela" and "Lion-Tamer Two-Bad"

Side note: I hated those Samurai figures back when they came out, but after watching the Anwat Gar episode on the DVD the other night, I actually like them now lol
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot