Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotUC Mythos Speculation - She-Ra and More...

MotUC Mythos Speculation - She-Ra and More...

If these same points have been raised previously, I've missed them and couldn't find these ideas presented specifically this way. Also, if you have other concepts you think will be used, post them here, or feel free to comment on this idea.

Based on the 200X Volume 2 Bio for Hordak, the King Grayskull statue, and the King Grayskull SDCC exclusive box bio, I believe that He-Ro will be the original wielder of the Sword of Protection. It seems like he was supposed to have been Hordak's original nemesis. There's no explanation as to why She-Ra's sword was part of the Grayskull statue at SDCC. We know Grayskull and He-Ro fought together, plus notice the highly similar "He-Ro" and "She-Ra" spellings. It would give the history a certain symmetry and depth that was lacking, and fix much of what I dislike about the King Grayskull concept.

Thoughts?

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

I thought He-Ro was He-Man's son?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    I thought He-Ro was He-Man's son?
    Actually He-Ro was supposed to be the defender of Preternia in the classic series. Sometime later Lou Scheimer Productions conveyed interest in doing a new He-Man series titled He-Ro Son of He-Man. They proposed it to Mattel but Mattel was not interested at the time.

Interesting thoughts LionCourt. I wonder what Mattel will do with putting She-Ra in the mix.
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I could see it. Actually, I've long thought that the jewel in He-Ro's staff was the same jewel in She-Ra's sword. She-Ra's sword had transforming abilities. Maybe He-Ro's staff turned into the Sword of Protection.

I'm not in love with the idea that Grayskull and He-Ro fought side by side. It makes more sense for He-Ro to have come after Grayskull's death. But oh well, I guess we'll see what Mattel has in store for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioncourt View Post
    I believe that He-Ro will be the original wielder of the Sword of Protection. It seems like he was supposed to have been Hordak's original nemesis. There's no explanation as to why She-Ra's sword was part of the Grayskull statue at SDCC. We know Grayskull and He-Ro fought together, plus notice the highly similar "He-Ro" and "She-Ra" spellings. It would give the history a certain symmetry and depth that was lacking, and fix much of what I dislike about the King Grayskull concept.

Thoughts?
    I believe you're right about He-Ro being the original wielder of the Sword of Protection. I mentioned that somewhere before. I think He-Ro falls in Battle, which is why King Grayskull had both the swords.

Also, He-Ro's chest jewel looks like the same jewel in She-Ra's sword.

I also believe the "tombstone" near Castle Grayskull is He-Ros.

My REALY question is: Are King Grayskull and He-Ro brothers, cousins, etc. or are they not related at all?

I like the direction you point out there Lioncourt.
    It makes sense, and adds all the more irony to Hordak kidnapping and raising Adora.

As to He-Ro and King Grayskull being related? I dunno, I suppose it's possible.

KG didn't have any magical abilities until he realized he could tap into "himself" and found GREAT power there. And He-Ro is the most Powerful Wizard in the universe.

Here's a "What if..."
    What if He-Ro was Veena's brother? She being a sorceress and all... Maybe it runs in the family?

But again... Do we really need more family relations? Can't KG and HR just be good long time friends?

I love the idea of the gem in HR's staff is the same gem found in the Sword of Protection.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Spoilers
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    In the MYP Vol. 3 commentary, the warriors who become the Elders are referred to as Grayskull's advisors and his council. Maybe He-Ro was a member or even a leader of that council and he fell in battle prior to Grayskull's own death.

In Toyfair a while back, we got an AMAZING picture by Emiliano (and I think Val colored it), of He-Ro.

His Chest plate (or rather stomach plate) was She-Ra's... just smaller.

I have been thinking about this too - that She-Ra was going to have to, somehow, come from He-Ro... but what's odd is that it would have been cool IF somehow Grayskull's original sword could split (2 halves, etc.)... Skeletor could have somehow taken it, and it became evil, until it was returned to its other half... then it could lead Adam/He-Man to his long lost sister.

Who knows??

I don't mind all the family relations - it just makes the characters more real, the drama/intrigue more complicated... and in turn, keeps the mythos from dying
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

I am not to sure abut this! The plaque at SDCC implies that both He-Man and She-Ra are king Grayskull's descendents. I assume this to mean they both share in his power. If She-Ra's power comes from He-Ro you change her power origin. Classically speaking She-Ra's power comes from the same well as He-Man's power. If you change her power origin then you change her. One way around it could be if at some point KG's and He-Ro's swords were two half's of the same whole. (like bcrduke suggested)

This way She-Ra's power still comes from the same place as He-Man's power which is an important part of her mythos. She-Ra originally had an equal share in grayskull's power and was equal to He-Man. I personally would find any attempts to make She-Ra less powerful than He-Man, or to direct her power source away from He-Man's power source very upsetting. This is suppossed to be a classics line, therefore She-Ra's classic origin and power source will work just fine here.

Maybe the reasion Hordak persues He-Ro to Eternia is because they are going to take an influance from the UK comics and have Horde Prime steal the original power sword and split it. He was attempting to access the blades power. At that point the cosmic wizard shows up and steals the two halfs of the sword. This might be why he is persued by Hordak: Prime wants the blades back and sends Hordak to retreve them. Upon reaching Eternia, He-Ro gives one half to KG and he keeps the other. Together they weild both halves of the sword against the Horde and Snake Men.

I really do not like the idea that She-Ra's power might come from a different source to He-Man's power! just my 2 cents worth
    Last edited by Angel-T; August 2, 2008 at 01:57pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

I like the idea. Plus, it sort of sorts out that He-Man gets his power from Grayskull ("By the power of Grayskull"), and She-Ra gets He-Ro's power passively by Grayskull ("For the honor of Grayskull", see the difference). Maybe the KG's sorceress/lover preserved He-Ro's powers through Grayskull somehow since He-Ro's abilities were from the jewel itself I think. That is not the case with KG.

I like your description Angel-T.

He-Ro's power was originally supposed to come from the Book of Transformation, but I suppose that's irrelevant at this point. Having his power drawn from, or at least augmented by the jewel makes sense.

Mattel seems to be going with the original good/bad sides to the Sword of Power. If it was divided by the Spell of Separation, I think that's how it'd be divided; not into the Sword of Power and the Sword of Protection.

I was previously only suggesting that part of She-Ra's power is drawn from He-Ro and/or the jewel. If He-Ro originally fought to protect the kingdom, he essentially was fighting "for the honor of Grayskull."

I'm suggesting that She-Ra draw her powers from Castle Grayskull/the Orb just like Adam does, but she also obtain extra powers from He-Ro through the jewel in her sword. And perhaps these powers are along the lines of communication with animals and the power to heal - which very closely resemble the "powers of natural magic" which He-Ro was said to possess.

After all, if she were ONLY drawing her powers from King Grayskull, She-Ra might end up wearing furry underpants and a harness.

After all, if she were ONLY drawing her powers from King Grayskull, She-Ra might end up wearing furry underpants and a harness.

Now thats an idea for a custom !!!!!!

Now you explane that She-Ra would draw her power from both He-Ro and KG thats makes more sense to me, and is something I could live with as a purest She-Ra fan. Some of her powers like the shape shifting sword, healing and animal talk are very different to He-Man's power. But as long as she still had a share in KG's power then I personally would be fine with that!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Evil Overlord of Veg Vegtablesam's Avatar
    I too had wondered this Lioncourt. I also like the idea of He-Ro having fallen in battle with KG, maybe explaining the sword of protection by his statue if he had owned it.

I think its an easier explanation that KG's power separating to two heroes and is a nice way to bring He-Ro into the mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    I was previously only suggesting that part of She-Ra's power is drawn from He-Ro and/or the jewel. If He-Ro originally fought to protect the kingdom, he essentially was fighting "for the honor of Grayskull."

I'm suggesting that She-Ra draw her powers from Castle Grayskull/the Orb just like Adam does, but she also obtain extra powers from He-Ro through the jewel in her sword. And perhaps these powers are along the lines of communication with animals and the power to heal - which very closely resemble the "powers of natural magic" which He-Ro was said to possess.
    Yes, this is exactly my line of thinking. I would not only be accepting of such a backstory, I'd love it. It works very well.

To the She-Ra purists...I think that given the contradictions and variations in 1980's MotU/PoP, it is impossible to truly be a purist, as that will mean different things to so many. Mini-comics, comics, story books, toons, etc...they all have different and usually conflicting information. I think Mattel is trying very hard to make a cohesive story and mythos now, and I support that 100%.

" … the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few … "
    " … or the one … "

{ @Lioncourt on Twitter | MastersCast | My Blog }

Hero of Fabulous Secrets
    You know what's funny? There are people reading these boards who know damn right well how this all fits together (I'm looking at you Val, Emiliano, Scott) But they aint talking!

I did notice the plaque at Comic Con with Grayskull's quote about his descendants and the power and the honor and all that. But I like the idea that He-Ro may have a bigger part in all this. And that She-Ra, could eventually become what she was always MEANT to be... He-Man's girlfriend... not sister!

Trust me, I'm just as in the dark as you.

Quote Originally Posted by TED675 View Post
    And that She-Ra, could eventually become what she was always MEANT to be... He-Man's girlfriend... not sister!

I hightly doubt they will do this and pray they do not. The quote said Grayskull's descendents, meaning Adam and Adora, which means they are related (hence being descendents). In every medium Adora and Adam have been brother and sister. The original "idea" was for her to be his girlfriend, but they scrapped that, which was good. They were from different planets. Talk about a long distant relationship.

That would also ruin the relationship he has with Teela. They're in love but won't admit it to each other.

And that She-Ra, could eventually become what she was always MEANT to be... He-Man's girlfriend... not sister!
    Oh boy... Imagining now the catfight between Teela and She-Ra...

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I think it has something to do with both of them being the power of the sword or castle, Grayskulls strength and He-Ro`s power, hence the reason He man adopted the first half of He-Ro`s name and the reason She Ra`s name is similar

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I don't know what Mattel may have planned for comics and such, and it's fun to speculate, but this isn't a line like the previous three. There really isn't an intrinsic mythos here, any more than there really is with DCUC (post-Crisis, pre-Crisis, post-Infinite Crisis doesn't seem to matter, just making iconic versions of the characters). THis seems to be first and foremost a toy line aimed at making great versions of MOTU characters from all the previous incarnations, where the Sorceress will likely be released in the same line as the Goddess and King Grayskull and He-Ro. THen throw in NA for some confusing good measure.

I don't think we should get so wrapped up in what mythos is the one for this MOTU (for me, the mythos is the Filmation toon, which is the one thing we can't get here). This line seems made purely for enjoying the magnificent work of the Horsemen and seeing iconic versions of the characters with posability no MOTU line has had before.

And that's enough for me.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I think we are all forgetting that the powers are from Grayskull, and the swords, orbs, crystals, whatever...jsut transfer the power to individuals. Without grayskull, the swords are nothing.

And I don't want a relation between he-ro and Grayskull. I wish theyw ere seperate eras, and they were the "he-man" of their time.

but whatever...I'm buying the figures no matter what the story.

I did notice the plaque at Comic Con with Grayskull's quote about his descendants and the power and the honor and all that. But I like the idea that He-Ro may have a bigger part in all this. And that She-Ra, could eventually become what she was always MEANT to be... He-Man's girlfriend... not sister!

You are SO just trying to make it so that He-Ro and King Grayskull hooked up lol

If He-Man and She-Ra ended up an item... then KG and He-Ro would have been too lol

I think...

A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Eternos View Post
    I think we are all forgetting that the powers are from Grayskull, and the swords, orbs, crystals, whatever...jsut transfer the power to individuals. Without grayskull, the swords are nothing.:
    Well, if Grayskull isn't dead then He-Ro's power probably didn't originate with him; especially considering that Grayskull didn't even realize that his own power came from within him until he was near death. Although, Mattel seems to be taking the MYP mythos and slightly tweaking it to form a more contiguous universe - so perhaps what we saw in MYP isn't exactly what they've determined to be the official canon now.

The New Adventures of Ion HeManOfGreyskull's Avatar
    the MYP and original mini-comics are the cannon now. They've said so many a time. Hence getting King Grayskull as a toy, and the expanded Hordak bio.

As for She-Ra, I think we're headed to where it was before, but I'd like to see Adam's sword split upon meeting Adora, the gem added later as she journeys to Light Hope.
    Rob
    Captain Picard:So...five card stud, nothing wild...and the sky's the limit.