Thread: Will the classics have the air brushed tones?

Will the classics have the air brushed tones?

After seeing what the classics MOTU figures will look like, I'm sold! However, one thing that I'm REALLY hoping is that like Mer-man/Zodak, the action figures themselves will have similar paint airbrushing to bring out the highlights as well as the darks. Tones! I want tones!!! I'm a little worried that these figs will have that shiny dullness plastic look the 200X ones had. I remember the two ups for those were beautiful!!! Once the figs hit stores they looked very dull in comparison with an overall flat look. Anyone else here curious about the air brushing?

I noticed that with King Grayskull. The pictures I have seen of the actual toy look more "plastic-y" than the promo shots. I'm guessing the other figures will be the same. The mass-produced KG doesn't look bad to me (not by any stretch of the imagination), just not as cool as the hand-painted/airbrushed promo shots.

They will have the air brushed tones.
    They can't be precise as the hand made one, but I must say they look pretty good on KG

Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    I noticed that with King Grayskull. The pictures I have seen of the actual toy look more "plastic-y" than the promo shots. I'm guessing the other figures will be the same. The mass-produced KG doesn't look bad to me (not by any stretch of the imagination), just not as cool as the hand-painted/airbrushed promo shots.
    Don't go by the pictures you see - none of them do the paint job justice. I'm thrilled with the paint on KG.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Don't go by the pictures you see - none of them do the paint job justice. I'm thrilled with the paint on KG.
    That's awesome to hear. I am expecting to receive mine next week

Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    That's awesome to hear. I am expecting to receive mine next week
    I really think the combination of camera flashes and bad lighting is making KG look a lot brighter and "plasticy" than in real life.

I'd say the same thing about the statue variant - I REALLY didn't want one, but when I opened mine up I was amazed at how cool it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I really think the combination of camera flashes and bad lighting is making KG look a lot brighter and "plasticy" than in real life.

I'd say the same thing about the statue variant - I REALLY didn't want one, but when I opened mine up I was amazed at how cool it is.
    Now THIS is good news!!

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread