Thread: Is He-man going to be smaller than King Grayskull?

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar

Is He-man going to be smaller than King Grayskull?

I'm just curious to see how big He-man will fare next to King Grayskul. I heard in the Toy Guru interview that KG woud be the tallest figure of them all but then again, insn't KG sharing the exact same sculpt of the upcoming He-man? They seem to have the exact same boots, arms, torso... Is it just KG's head that's bigger? I'm curious to hear whether anyone in SDCC who saw the he-man prototype noticed a size difference with KG
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Well in the hi res pictures posted a few days ago the power sword seems to fit much more appropiately in He-Mans hands. The sword seems much smaller in KG's hands (IMO) I think He-Man is going to be a fare bit smaller than KG.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

He-man, Zodak, Mer-man, and Beastman were all a bit shorter but not much than KG at comic con. But you do notice that everyother figure has a shorter loin cloth and he-mans chest armor is much different from KGs

I would hope and expect that the difference in size will be minimal. I really don't want HE-MAN being overshadowed by KG! But I have a feeling that the difference between them will be small....I hope
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    The line will be 6 inch scale (He-Man, Beastman, Skeletor and rest).

King Grayskull was purposely made tad taller then the rest.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Heroic Warrior
    He-Man is a tad shorter than KG, but He-Man looks more muscular than kG. I like the fact that they made a good effort of distinguishing them. He-Man looks like 80's He-Man and KG looks like 200X He-Man, which look quite different in facial features and power vest. As far as KG overshadowing He-Man, KG is a deceased character, and if he wasn't deceased, their wouldn't be no He-Man (and She-Ra). The bronze stature variant is the more appropriate figure than the living flesh version because it best describes his status in current day MOTU mythology.

Having played with the figures together, I can tell you that King Grayskull is slightly taller. I believe the difference is mostly in his legs, though Grayskull's cloak also makes him feel a little bulkier.

Quote Originally Posted by LastEternian
    really don't want HE-MAN being overshadowed by KG! But I have a feeling that the difference between them will be small.
    That's a good way to put it, LastEternian. The difference is just enough to honor the fact that Grayskull is supposed to be a bit bigger. But He-Man definitely doesn't look like a wimp next to his ancestor.

Just to put things into perspective, I'd say all MOTU figures are a little taller (and definitely chunkier) than our average figure from the DC Universe Classics line.

Grayskull was much bigger than He Man to begin with, just watch the Power of Grayskull.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    But isn't King Grayskull simply a repaint of the he-man body? I was looking at the legs, bracelets and torso and it sure does look the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.