Thread: Where are people on Ebay getting this info from

Where are people on Ebay getting this info from

I have seen many auctions now where people are saying that only 3000 KG were made, and out of those, only 150 were of the chase statues. Where are people coming up with these numbers? That is false advertising unless they can come up with proof, isn't it?

yeah. they pretty much are yanking numbers out of places where the sun doesnt shine.

no numbers are ever released so all their "info" is a lie to help sell their toy
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    yeah. they pretty much are yanking numbers out of places where the sun doesnt shine.

no numbers are ever released so all their "info" is a lie to help sell their toy
    I was going to say something along those exact lines!
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    yeah, it always cracks me up whenever they have 'rare' or 'limited edition' on ebay, and I find 50 or more hits for the item at any given time. no 'new' item fits any of those words. Only if it's one of a kind should it be called 'rare', & if only a few thousand are made should it be 'limited edition'.

They think adding those words gives them right to jack up the prices to the point of being outrageous. I guess everybody does it though and people pay it.
    Even $30 for a $10 toy is outrageous, but then put it on ebay & it becomes a $100 toy just because it's not in retail stores. sometimes it makes me want to give up collecting, but I like it so much it's hard to.
    heck even $20 for the new MOTUC figures is very steep (at least these are moveable action figures so i don't mind the price so much), just because they're not going to be on store shelves; if they were they'd be half that price.

like everybody, it's all about selling & making that almighty dollar. people shouldn't complain about ebay so much, sometimes you can get a great deal on an item; or find something that's very hard to find anywhere else at reasonable prices. Not every ebay seller is out to screw over the 'dumb' buyer.

bottom line: if you want the item you have to pay, if it's a 'rare' exclusive it'll cost alot more. IMO, making 'exclusives' just gives them more reason for price gouging and scalpers to cash in on it. i'm sure the companies know that, but they don't seem to stop making 'exclusives' though.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

They're just trying to inflate the price.

There were at the very minimum 10,000 of these made.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    They're just trying to inflate the price.

There were at the very minimum 10,000 of these made.

ahh but see!!! you are now making an arbitrary number as well hahaha

you dont have any factual basis for your number any more than the ebay sellers do.

however....i like your number better
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

They should be reported to ebay for false information.

I kinda wonder why Mattel won't release the numbers. Pretty much every other con excusive but the Mattel ones listed how many were made even before the con.

There will always be parasites.

Its best to inform and ignore.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    ahh but see!!! you are now making an arbitrary number as well hahaha

you dont have any factual basis for your number any more than the ebay sellers do.

however....i like your number better

Actually my numbers are based on concrete information concering other exclusives. We know Mattel made more than normal exclusives which puts them closer to that number. I didn't say it was an exact number. But it's at least that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Hat View Post
    They should be reported to ebay for false information.
    they probable copied the false information from each other, so who would be to blame?? and without having the actual number you don't have proof anyway...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ed View Post
    they probable copied the false information from each other, so who would be to blame?? and without having the actual number you don't have proof anyway...

edDy
    False information is false information. The source is irrelevant. If they don't know or are not sure, they shouldn't put it up.

Speaking of ebay how much would a KG that was autographed by the four horseman be worth or how much should i pay for one i saw one for $80 is it worth it or should i just go without one. i really want one bad i guess its all about how much u want one and how much u are willing to pay. anyways i just wanted the opinion of others on the sub before i buy one

Quote Originally Posted by MasterotUniverse80 View Post
    Speaking of ebay how much would a KG that was autographed by the four horseman be worth or how much should i pay for one i saw one for $80 is it worth it or should i just go without one. i really want one bad i guess its all about how much u want one and how much u are willing to pay. anyways i just wanted the opinion of others on the sub before i buy one
    I got mine for $50 on ebay, but that was also the Saturday of the con. Now that they sold out there and on matty.com expect to pay out the rear end for one. $80 is a good price considering the other prices I`ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I got mine for $50 on ebay, but that was also the Saturday of the con. Now that they sold out there and on matty.com expect to pay out the rear end for one. $80 is a good price considering the other prices I`ve seen.
    ok well i just bought it i wanted it really bad considering i plan on getting every figure in the MOTUC line. Does the fact that the Four Horsemen signed/autographed it? Here is the link to it: http://cgi.ebay.com/2008-Comic-Con-King-Greyskull-Exclusive-MOTU-He-Man_W0QQitemZ110275551148QQihZ001QQcategoryZ45449Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem He has about 8 left and he has a buy now feature!