Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How about an extra figure every 3 months?

I'm all for it! Heck, I'm all for 2 figures per month even. Because MotU rocks my socks.

If Mattel waits too long, alot of the die hard fans will be pushing 40s and looking into other things for entertainment. Heck I'm still in my 20s and my figure collecting has come almost to a dead stop.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    At first, I agree in theory with Mattel's testing the waters little by little to see how many of us are out there (here?) who want these figures.

But at the same time, with how awesome these look I think I'll have a hard time getting only 1 figure per month.

Whatever's in the best interest for the line, that's what I'm down for.

If more figures means more sales, then cool, but if not, I wouldn't push it.

Evil Master of Arcades Gamutstreet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    If Mattel waits too long, alot of the die hard fans will be pushing 40s and looking into other things for entertainment. Heck I'm still in my 20s and my figure collecting has come almost to a dead stop.
    It doesn't usually stop. I'm 30 and I still play video games, read comics, buy action figures. It's getting worse because I have more money to spend as I get older.
    Always remember the dark days of 2004 with no new MOTU in sight...

I'm in!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamutstreet View Post
    It doesn't usually stop. I'm 30 and I still play video games, read comics, buy action figures. It's getting worse because I have more money to spend as I get older.
    I just turned 30. I make alot of money so I can get what ever I want. Not trying to sound like a snob. Just addind to the above point. So yea it gets worse in the sense for me I can always go to the seconary market. I know i am guarenteed a figure. But in my case I only really have 2 hobbys MOTU and Nirvana/Kurt cobain.

I hate video games and comics are not what they used to.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Well, I'm older than Eternian dirt, and I still collect stuff. But I must admit, I've really narrowed it down. The two main things I collect (other than DVD's) are Transformers and MotU. I'm happy to see He-Man still be around, and be able to get the new Classics line. However, I still wish I will see it all be immensely popular again like it once was in the 1980's. Transformers made a huge comeback. Poor He-Man is long over-due.

Movie mayhem!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sllohcin View Post
    I never said that I demand 16! I simply mentioned that I could definitely go for a 2-pack variant more is all. It works "for me".

I'm happy we're getting what we're getting and am just adding in my opinion that I would be even "greedily" happier with just a tad more.

I'm being quite realistic and please keep in mind that we're pipe dreaming here and saying what we would like.

No need for anybody to receive a reality check. We're already confirmed with 14 per year so... ain't it fun to chat on hypotheticals and personal wants/desires? Yes I says. yes it is.
    Sounds good... but maybe an Adora Adam 2 pack pleasE? :-)
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

i say just give us the giftset 2 or 3 packs from time to time, that would be fine with me
    My Collection:

Items available for sale or trade.

I have had Good Trades/Deals with: Siroko, Klocket, JVS3, oICEMANo, River, roboticplanet, rougewelder, joeybones, dutch, miscus555, tsilevon, charliecore, cderby79, manson1978, CrazyMotuFan, TombstonePiledrive, rcpax & dark knight.

I mentioned an extra figure, quarterly a while back. I thought it would be a good way to introduce a repaint without taking a new figure "slot".

Surely a repaint would be far easier to produce than a figure with new parts. The impression I get is that we all would be happy with some repaints as long as we don't get them at the expense of a new character

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    In 2003 MotUX had more than 50 figures according to he-man.org. That does include a bunch of repaints, but still, it's a little higher than 14. And even though those figures were 65-70% less expensive (counting shipping for MotUC), you're at about 450 dollars for the whole lot, and that doesn't count the creatures, and vehicles, and other stuff they released. Plus for super collectors like me, who bought all of the merchandise like comics, toothbrushes, sunglasses etc. your talking about a ton of money that one person had the option to spend on MotU that year (and I did ).

I would love it if the line were successful enough to release 2 figures a month, but I would hope for a price decrease to be part of the deal.
    That was more then a few repaints. More then 60 percent of those were repaints. if we have a repaint or a variant of every figure here that will put the total at the same. I am talking unique figures. Not the same figures repackaged on a different color card or with a few different accessorys.

And yes we dont have the merchandise for this line, nor the vehicles or animals. But This line also has NO retail support. No cartoon. No comics. No ads.

The stactions are the closest thing to this current line and this line will far out pace them if it continues. And again if this line is successful we may get retail support. Maybe just at one outlet. But thats all we need really. Then it could take off.

Yes Mattel is cutting costs with reused parts, with no advertising, and with limited runs. But it is also assuming all of the risk. There is no retail outlet that is preordering so Mattel can guage interest, or so that they have at least some profit. If the figures dont sell, then Mattel recoups nothing from this line. Yes it is a trade off. But its really a huge risk for Mattel. And we are lucky they are willing to take it. We are lucky that there are folks at Mattel that are such big supporters of MOTU. ANd folks that want to see some collector geared lines.

My point in all of this is, we should be happy with what we are getting. And not expect to have the line increase in size until we (the collectors and fans) show that we support this line. If the first few figures, even if in the first year, this line does not exceed expectations then not only will we not get more figures...we wont get any.

Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    More then 60 percent of those were repaints.
    Don't try to change the subject with facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by motuxmen View Post
    My point in all of this is, we should... not expect to have the line increase in size until we (the collectors and fans) show that we support this line.
    I'm pretty sure that we're all making that assumption when we say we want more figures per month.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    Don't try to change the subject with facts.

I'm pretty sure that we're all making that assumption when we say we want more figures per month.
    My bad on changing the subject. LOL

I just think its best to wait and see what happens. I was one of the more critical people about how things have progressed with this line, and how Mattel has handled somethings. But I am also going to support this line the best I can. I hope things get better (retail support, comics, cartoon, ect..) in the future, but thats not gonna happen unless all of us, or at least a majority of us, support this line. And its probably gonna take a lot more then just us to make it succesful.

I have said before I will support ANYTHING MOTU. There are a few reasons for that, but one of the big ones is that if whatever is being produced does well there is a chance that other things may come in the future, but if whatever is out fails we get nothing, and nothing for a long time.

I dont like everything about this line. I am not a fan of a lot of the logistics. I wish we had more at once, Iwish I could run to Wal-Mart and pick them up. I wish they were about half the price. I wish I could buy as many as I want. But I am appriciative that we have anything. If we dont support it, then none of those things will happen. But if we do there is at least a chance.