Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Star Sisters: Post Here If You Want Classic Versions Released

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    I'd be all over this! I'd be great to have some classic stuff released alongside the MOTUC as well.

Those look like some great figures.
    "..."

off course I'd love to see all 3 of these girls in the classic line !!!!!!!! I saw them as prototypes and they weren't all that bad ..........now its time to give a chance to the fabolous star sisters !!!!!!!!!
    count on me
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Widget

i'd buy two sets, maybe 3

one for me to keep boxed and one to play with and maybe a display set

IF............

they make them in classic POP fashion with rooted hair and removable clothes and all the fun stuff.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I would buy them.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I'm sure I'd buy about a dozen. Seriously. Throw in Spinnerella while you're at it.

Heroic Warrior

I'd buy 2 3pk's!!!

Come on Mattel, make it happen!!

I'd totally buy them as I'm definetly on the expansion train of my collection! Go Tallstar!!! I hope you do convince 'em!
    My book "Musings from the Lips of a Dark Rose " is out : http://www.amazon.com/Musings-Lips-D...&redirect=true
    YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    I'm in heaven!!!

I would DEFINITELY buy them. I have 3 really amazing customs but those are nothing compared to what the REAL thing would be.

My only worry is that it might be really expensive for Mattel to make a 3 pack in the OLD style.

I think we'd be more likely to see them at MOTUC figures in a 3 pack... but since, for now, we dont get action features ;( , it might be strange.

So classic 3 pack please!
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

I would purchase them also (in any way they were released)

Oh yes, I would definitely buy them if released!
    ***Wanted***

Spinnerella's spinner

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I would DEFINITELY buy them. I have 3 really amazing customs but those are nothing compared to what the REAL thing would be.

My only worry is that it might be really expensive for Mattel to make a 3 pack in the OLD style.

I think we'd be more likely to see them at MOTUC figures in a 3 pack... but since, for now, we dont get action features ;( , it might be strange.

So classic 3 pack please!
    THE STAR SISTERS in the MOTUC Line would be not the same!
    That would be in the action figures style without rooted hairs etc.

A '87er release of them for vintage collectors to get the chance to complete the original collection at first!
    I cannot combine vintage PRINCESS OF POWER figures with the MOTUCs versions. The new PRINCESS OF POWER figures have maybe the old style, but all of them still new figures - the word "CLASSIC" means not they are original vintage versions!

I would definitely buy a three pack or four pack of the Star Sisters.
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    Uhm... wouldn't that be a 4-pk since it has to have GLORY BIRD in it as well!
    Didn't want to push my luck by trying to get Glory Bird in there too for a 4-pack.

On another note, do you guys think it would be more expensive to do 'em in the Classic PoP style? If Mattel still has the molds for 'em, I figured it may be a bit easier to use those instead of having the 4H sculpt new stuff over the base female figure. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have both versions, Classic and MOTUC, but I'm in love with the ones in the catalog.

Glory bird dosent count, she would be the pack in extra!!! I say do a 5 pack Spinerella, Netossa, & the Star Sisters. Glory bird as a pack in extra. Make it about $75-100.00. Produce them in a run of 2500. Make them a mattycollector exclusives, only available for subscription customers. If more people want them they could make more. I have seen a 5 packs done before. Maybe this is being greedy, but because Mattel have never done an exclusive MOTU / POP 5 pack: I am sure many collectors would want it. Many People might want two, one for play the other for MOC display.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Didn't want to push my luck by trying to get Glory Bird in there too for a 4-pack.

On another note, do you guys think it would be more expensive to do 'em in the Classic PoP style? If Mattel still has the molds for 'em, I figured it may be a bit easier to use those instead of having the 4H sculpt new stuff over the base female figure. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have both versions, Classic and MOTUC, but I'm in love with the ones in the catalog.
    Even if Mattel no longer has the molds, the classic style would be cheaper to produce. They're shorter = less plastic, 5 points of articulation (minus Tallstar) = fewer pieces to make molds for. Also, since the clothes and hair are "material" that should save money too. I really hope they do this.

queen of ellipsis... LadyAngora's Avatar
    o.m.g. OMG!!!!

i totally would buy a three-pack of the star sisters to open and display on my shelves... i also want a glory bird and bubble carriage to display.

IF THEY MAKE IT, I WILL BUY IT!!!

i would be so excited to finally complete my collection with these unproduced dolls. PLEASE MATTEL?? PRETTY PLEASE?? I'LL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND!

(anything that gets capital letters out of me must be pretty darn special...)
    - LadyAngora

She-Ra ToyGuide
    --------------
    So, would you ever want to be a model?
    No way. I mean, I want to lose weight, but not all of it. -- Jessi

customizer of greyskull nightwing.'s Avatar
    yea i totally agree. i would LOVE to see the star sisters made. actually i would love to see all the classic pop line recreated. i would also love to see them create some of the big pop characters which were never made in che classic line. such as shadow weaver, scorpia & madam razz.

I'd be interseted in MOTUC versions of them to be perfectly honest
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

In support of the Star Sisters- and Glory Bird

That is BREATHTAKING, River. Holy Crap.

um yeah! star sisters are the bomb! they would be crazy not to make them.

You should start a poll over in the MOTUC poll section.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Even if Mattel no longer has the molds, the classic style would be cheaper to produce. They're shorter = less plastic, 5 points of articulation (minus Tallstar) = fewer pieces to make molds for. Also, since the clothes and hair are "material" that should save money too. I really hope they do this.
    I still believe, that MATTEL has the molds of the classics!
    That is untruth, when to say MATTEL have nothing on stock from his toyline history. Every company use sometimes on his Anniversary history materials or create repros for limited editions.

I never saw any of the prototypes from the catalogs... but why testshots survived and you can buy them everytime?!

By the way, the new MOTUC line with the first figures taken from the 8-BACK design. Do you think MATTEL bought pictures of 8-BACKs to produce them?
    Same rumours with the Commemratives...

Fact is, MATTEL can create vintage figures reprint of pictures... mini-comics - when they want it, if the molds maybe lost, one prototype exsist to make an new mold.

I want the STAR SISTERS, planned STAR CAVERNS playset, BUBBLE CARRIAGE and the unknown illustrated PRINCESS OF POWER figure sitting in BUBBLE CARRIAGE (pictured in MATTEL Germany catalog), GLORY BIRD, HE-RO, ELDOR, GIGANTISAUR, EVIL ROBOT, the official unreleased 86er COLLECTOR CASE with BRUCE W. TIMM artwork, GYRATTACKER, ENTWINER.

I hope that in far future MATTEL produce these for real Classic Collectors as limited exclusives commemoratives.

Maybe most of the fans buy everything where the character name is printed. MOTUC is not the original versions and they never bring me the memories back. New Horsemen redesigns after tghe 200xer lines, they look same as DC Action Figures!
    Last edited by preternia; August 9, 2008 at 07:24am.

Quote Originally Posted by preternia View Post
    I still believe, that MATTEL has the molds of the classics!
    That is untruth, when to say MATTEL have nothing on stock from his toyline history. Every company use sometimes on his Anniversary history materials or create repros for limited editions.

I never saw any of the prototypes from the catalogs... but why testshots survived and you can buy them everytime?!

By the way, the new MOTUC line with the first figures taken from the 8-BACK design. Do you think MATTEL bought pictures of 8-BACKs to produce them?
    Same rumours with the Commemratives...

Fact is, MATTEL can create vintage figures reprint of pictures... mini-comics - when they want it, if the molds maybe lost, one prototype exsist to make an new mold.
    It's my understanding that Mattel didn't have any of the original molds when they went to do the commemoratives. I'm hoping that's not the case with The Star Sisters. -- Even if they somehow had the old prototypes to work from, I think it costs a tremendous amount of $$$ to actually tool the steel molds.

I would buy them in vintage or MOTU Classic style.

Quote Originally Posted by preternia View Post

I want the STAR SISTERS, planned STAR CAVERNS playset, BUBBLE CARRIAGE and the unknown illustrated PRINCESS OF POWER figure sitting in BUBBLE CARRIAGE (pictured in MATTEL Germany catalog), GLORY BIRD, HE-RO, ELDOR, GIGANTISAUR, EVIL ROBOT, the official unreleased 86er COLLECTOR CASE with BRUCE W. TIMM artwork, GYRATTACKER, ENTWINER.

Where can I see pics of the German catalog, collector case, gyrattacker and entwiner? They sound very interesting.
    Could we get some Meteorbs, Please???!!!