Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Filmation Soundtrack CD from La-La Land Records (release date: 4/7/15)

Got mine yesterday.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    And it was their choice to use that vendor so, no, it is not out of their hands.

And sending out replacement copies free of charge is not some big favor. It is the bare minimum they can do to make the customer whole, considering that pressed CDs are what the customer paid for in the first place.

At least the folks who have CDRs have some product in their hands. Some of us still have not received our orders yet. And they have done absolutely nothing to resolve that situation.

It is absolutely ridiculous that people who placed their orders after the 7th and people who live in other countries already have their orders and are awaiting replacement discs, and people who placed their orders on the 7th and live in the continental U.S. still have no idea if their order is even coming, let alone when it will arrive.

There is simply no excuse for that.
    Yikes. You are one tough customer.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    While I agree that there are definitely some unfortunate elements to this, as long as steps are taken to rectify the situation, I'm willing to give them some slack.

I got two disc 2s on CD-r, which arrived in a reasonable amount of time even though I never got a shipping confirmation. As long as they provide actual CDs (of disk 1 and 2) in a reasonable amount of time, and at no extra charge, I don't see a reason to hold it against them longterm. Mistakes can happen - it's how you deal with them that's important. So far, it seems as though LLL is looking to fix the problem. As long as they do, then that should be fine, no?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

MV Gerhard of La La Land has made a statement here:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boar...ID=1&archive=0

In this next thread he expands further on why it happened, in the post starting 'Long story short...'

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boar...8910&archive=0

You don't need to be a member to join.
    Last edited by litefoot; April 14, 2015 at 01:54pm. Reason: corrected second link

litefoot beat me to it by a few.
    They just sent out that statement:

A manufacturing error has resulted in some customers receiving CD-Rs in
    their HE-MAN soundtrack sets instead of pressed CDs. These can be identified
    by the color of the back of the CDs being greenish/blue as opposed to
    silver. If anyone has received these, and would like to get pressed CDs
    instead, contact us at [email protected] with your order number and
    mailing address and we'll send you a replacement set. Note: Any HE-MAN
    soundtracks ordered now from our La-La Land website are the correct, pressed
    CDs.

Once again, that email address is [email protected].
    Please title your email FAULTY HE MAN DISCS
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Thanks litefoot. Here's the message:

Posted: Apr 14, 2015 - 10:22 AM
    By: La La Land Records (Member)

Long story short, Christmas Eve we get a call from our manufacturing plant saying that they are closing their doors and we need to get our stuff out asap.

We got most of the paper out (still a lot is missing) but we had to scramble to find a new manufacturer asap...and it being the holidays it was a pain in the butt. We settled on one that we have been using on all of our new product this year. We had several hiccups with them over the past few months, but this CDR BLEEP they tried to pull on us was the last straw. In our 13 year history we have never had anything like this happen before. When we got the first batch everything was fine, but we knew this was gonna be a big title by the online response so we ordered up more cds just in case we needed them quickly. When batch 2 came in there was no need to QC because we already checked the first batch and thy were perfect.

Suffice it to say we going with another company from here on out. I hope it work out well with them.

We are very embarrassed by this whole situation, but luckily it was only on the 600 they "pressed up" for the second batch.

As I stated in a new thread, you can email [email protected] to receive a REAL cd of He Man

MV
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Heroic Warrior
    That really stinks for a business. I hope they back charge the plant. They shouldn't have to lose money in this ordeal.

- - - Updated - - -

My stupid phone only shows my recent emails for a few days then they disappear, so I can't even email Em at the moment. I have no idea what my order number is. I'm gonna have to wait til I'm near a computer.

Given the circumstances I'm happy with how La La Land has handled the situation. I sent an email Friday night and got a personalized response on Monday with an offer to send me a replacement. In the meantime, I can listen to the album. I don't see any reason why I should be upset.
    Last edited by foots_mcgee; April 14, 2015 at 02:36pm.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foots_mcgee View Post
    Given the circumstances I'm happy with how La La Land has handled the situation. I sent an email Friday night and got personalized response on Monday with an offer to send me a replacement. In the meantime, I can listen to the album. I don't see any reason why I should be upset.
    Yeah, I think they are doing everything they can to make it right for those that got the CD-R's.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Received my set today. No tracking number. No email. It just arrived. The packaging is in great condition but I did received CD-Rs and disc 1 is scratched. I need to figure out who to bug about getting real discs.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.

Quote Originally Posted by baileyrecords View Post
    Received my set today. No tracking number. No email. It just arrived. The packaging is in great condition but I did received CD-Rs and disc 1 is scratched. I need to figure out who to bug about getting real discs.
    See statement above in post 606

Heroic Warrior
    I just got mine in the mail, and mine were also Cd-Rs. Also, both discs were Disc 2. I'll e-mail them right away and have the issue rectified. The music on Disc 2 is great, though!
    Many successful transactions!

Glad they finally issued a statement about the CD-Rs. The soundtrack is worth the wait. I tend to keep Battle in the Sky, Attack Truck, Evil Lyn Chase, and Trouble in Grayskull on constant rotation.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I have finished listening to both discs and am very pleased!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

An unfortunate mistake, but they are making it right instantly. Great CS. Stuff happens.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    An unfortunate mistake, but they are making it right instantly. Great CS. Stuff happens.
    Anybody else in the US order on 4/7/15 in the first few minutes and still not received anything?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well, I bought this set today from the website direct seeing as they verified that all new sets ordered today and onward would be actual CDs and not CD-Rs. So I hope they arrive as such...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Can you give here the link on youtube ? Carlo said 2 songs ( 23 and 24 ) are different on the CD

thank you for this.

Boba, now you can hear the difference in the versions

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    It is not out of their hands. It is their business. They are in control.

You do not get a second chance at a first impression.
    its a $ 25 cd.. not a job interview

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    imagine something worth $ 30?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Got an email reply today. They'll be sending me replacement CD's. I think they are holding delivery of orders so more customers don't have to deal with the CD-R issues. I've never had a bad experience with them when I've ordered.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I've ordered so many cd's from them I've lost track. so far this is the only one i've seen where people have been having odd problems.
    Agreed, I've had no problems with La la land before, this is just an unfortunate hiccup in the system, its a shame but they are dealing with it so everyone needs to just be patient (its not like they said "sorry about the mix up but we're not gonna do anything!"

Got an e-mail saying mine has been dispatched, cant wait to get it!
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    I got a reply stating they are going to send my replacements soon. That sucks that the pressing company played them that way. It's one thing to press out CD-Rs but to author mislabeled discs is beyond comprehension.

At least LLL are fixing the issue.

So I guess this is now a 3,600 limited release?

Unedited Director's Cut
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Anybody else in the US order on 4/7/15 in the first few minutes and still not received anything?
    I fall into that category. I did send an email and received a response from Matt V. saying that my order was sent out in the 2-3 day timeframe and that it is likely still en route. He also said that if I don't receive it by Friday afternoon to contact him immediately. I'm sure he must be extremely busy handling all of these problems and inquiries so I'm happy that I at lease got a quick response.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

My Soundtrack arrived today. They were CD-Rs. I e-mailed them and hope to get a replacement. I actually couldn't believe they arrived today, to be honest. I was shocked at how fast the shipping was. I was expecting it to arrive 2 weeks from now, to be honest.

Also, I personally am not bothered or scarred by this situation. Stuff like this happens with all businesses. BCI had to make replacement DVDs for He-Man Season 1 Volume 1 because sets were being scratched. They made replacement discs for various other He-Man/She-Ra sets because of skipping issues. The MYP season 1 had a replacement disc because FOOTAGE was missing from an episode. The replacement came with an exclusive art card by Emiliano.

However, BCI did NOT make a replacement for The New Adventures of He-Man episode that glitches and skips BADLY for 20-30 seconds. I forget what the episode is, but the one scientist made giant tomatoes.

Mattel has had SO many issues with MOTUC: shattering/cracking figures, backwards shoulders (and forearms), missing parts (Prince Adam was supposed to have a sword holster on his back like Adora), black plastic, subscription items NOT being delivered to all subscribers (Teela, Fisto and Sorceress), Digital River over charging for shipping on a few occasions, Digital River in general, etc.

LaLaLand Records had one snaffu and handled it perfectly. I don't see the big deal. *shrugs* Then again, I have worked on projects that are sent to an outside company and I've experienced first hand how they sometimes do not follow clear, precise instructions.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Has anyone else noticed that two track title's use the term "Attack Truck". At first I thought maybe it was an "inside joke" based on the content of the episode it came from, but seeing two with this title makes me think it's a typo. I think both are on disc one.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Have you contacted them? They usually reply within 24 hours.
    Yes, but I have not received a response yet.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    You're probably getting yours today. Mine came yesterday.
    Unfortunately, I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Me.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    its a $ 25 cd.. not a job interview

Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    imagine something worth $ 30?
    The small price point makes it even more egregious to me. If I can coordinate the roll out of an international advertising campaign with multiple collateral pieces in different languages on the same day with no errors, then they can ship a CD from Burbank to Chicago. If they want to pretend to be a business, then I am going to hold them to a professional standard. I am sorry you have a tolerance for ineptitude, but I do not.