Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: Filmation Soundtrack CD from La-La Land Records (release date: 4/7/15)

Little late to the party, just ordered mine. I am sure little boy and I will enjoy it greatly!
    WhiteArmor
    TK900

Just bought one!! Can't wait to get it and enjoy the sounds of Eternia!!
    Ye be strong, but Garn shall win. HIYAH!

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot View Post
    Comment by MV Gerhard of La La Land Records on the FSM forum, concerning their recent He-Man soundtrack:

"Its been doing very well. We hope to be doing more Eternia projects in the future."

Yay!
    This is great news! I'll keep supporting them and buy whatever they put out next. She-Ra, NA, MYP
    Awesome sticker included!

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I got one set. Is this set better than the soundtrack CD included in the complete He-Man series collection?? also, why some fans here got a replacement disc???

Quote Originally Posted by hhhelmsley View Post
    I got one set. Is this set better than the soundtrack CD included in the complete He-Man series collection?? also, why some fans here got a replacement disc???
    Some people who bought the set early from La La Land Records got CD-Rs rather than pressed discs. If you bought the set recently from them, you probably shouldn't have that issue. This set is a lot better than the one that came with the DVD set.

Glad its selling well, I hope we got more POP or even NA music (plus it would be great if they reissued the movie soundtrack)
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I got my set in just two days after i placed my order. I love it!!!! Thanks to He-Man.org for letting us know about this awesome compilation.

Apparently there are 200 copies left at La La Land Records from the 3000 unit run.

I've noticed some more cartoon soundtracks are getting releases as well. A 2-CD set of ALL the Ulysses music, an hour of Inspector Gadget music, a 2-CD of 60s cartoon Jonny Quest music, the complete score to Transformers: The Movie, and apparently Transformers TV composer Rob Walsh and Sony are releasing an album of his music later this year.

Oh, and Intrada are releasing the complete score to Duck Tales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp on Tuesday!

Heady times for cartoon soundtrack fans.

If you haven't bought the He-Man soundtrack yet, I strongly urge you to do so, because it persuades soundtrack labels to keep doing these sort of projects. I really want a She-Ra set so I want this He-Man one to sell out!
    Last edited by litefoot; February 5, 2017 at 06:54pm.

Thanks for the update!

Here's hoping for a POP set.
    I wish they could get with Dusan (Grimbot) as he's really good at restoring tracks from the cartoon.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Thanks for the update!

I wish they could get with Dusan (Grimbot) as he's really good at restoring tracks from the cartoon.
    They'd probably go with Neil S. Bulk, he produced La La Land's set. I like Dusan's efforts on the YouTube channel, though.

I'm hoping that IF they get the licence to do POP and IF they can find the tapes, they might include more He-Man music too.

I'm not talking about production. Neil obviously does good work.
    But Dusan can extract and put together tracks they can't get from licensor. Dusan and James Eatock have posted numerous tracks that, for whatever reason, aren't available to put on the CD.

Maybe put Dusan and Neil together? Or have Dusan work for Neil? Whatever produces the best, most complete results in the end... licensing issues aside.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

But Dusan can extract and put together tracks they can't get from licensor. Dusan and James Eatock have posted numerous tracks that, for whatever reason, aren't available to put on the CD.

Maybe put Dusan and Neil together? Or have Dusan work for Neil? Whatever produces the best, most complete results in the end... licensing issues aside.
    Dusan did a great job with 'Saving The Day' which unfortunately was not on the tapes La La Land managed to find. So I'd certainly like to see that track on any new Eternia set!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Dusan did a great job with 'Saving The Day' which unfortunately was not on the tapes La La Land managed to find. So I'd certainly like to see that track on any new Eternia set!
    Also, Cringer's Theme was not one of the tracks La La Land managed to get. Dusan and James have a great version of it though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnsDQAHBXFc

I'd love it if they could do a She-Ra set and add some of the missing He-Man tracks to that soundtrack. Or they could do an expanded release of all the He-Man and She-Ra music on a 2 or 3 disc set.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Also, Cringer's Theme was not one of the tracks La La Land managed to get. Dusan and James have a great version of it though - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnsDQAHBXFc
    Indeed. From memory (when this CD set came out) Saving The Day and Cringer's theme were the only major pieces missing (correct me if I;m wrong).

Since then, I've always thought that if they found the She-Ra tapes those two pieces would be on there, because they were used in She-Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I'd love it if they could do a She-Ra set and add some of the missing He-Man tracks to that soundtrack. Or they could do an expanded release of all the He-Man and She-Ra music on a 2 or 3 disc set.
    Agreed. I suspect the former is more likely as there's plenty of She-Ra music to fit in!

It's just a matter of finding those darn tapes. My hopes aren't high, because it's been two years since He-Man.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Indeed. From memory (when this CD set came out) Saving The Day and Cringer's theme were the only major pieces missing (correct me if I;m wrong).
    I believe these are all of the missing tracks:

• Darkness Rising
    • Mischievousness
    • Temple of Darkness
    • Saving the Day
    • He-Man to the Rescue
    • Beware the Serpent
    • Balance of Power
    • The Risk
    • Beyond the Furthest Star
    • Cowardly Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post

• Darkness Rising
    • Mischievousness
    • Temple of Darkness
    • Saving the Day
    • He-Man to the Rescue
    • Beware the Serpent
    • Balance of Power
    • The Risk
    • Cowardly Cat
    Thank you!

Apparently there are 200 copies left at La La Land Records from the 3000 unit run.

I've noticed some more cartoon soundtracks are getting releases as well. A 2-CD set of ALL the Ulysses music, an hour of Inspector Gadget music, a 2-CD of 60s cartoon Jonny Quest music, the complete score to Transformers: The Movie, and apparently Transformers TV composer Rob Walsh and Sony are releasing an album of his music later this year.

Oh, and Intrada are releasing the complete score to Duck Tales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp on Tuesday!

If you haven't bought the He-Man soundtrack yet, I strongly urge you to do so, because it persuades soundtrack labels to keep doing these sort of projects. I really want a She-Ra set so I want this He-Man one to sell out!
    Excellent that MOTU practically sold out!

As for other releases:
    Ulysses - there's a huge problem with copyright there due to composers stupidly ripping off music by others. Mecco's disco take on Empire Strikes Back, "Battle in the snow" is one such theme that's not available so it's not a complete release. Albeit there are few other rip offs that still somehow managed to be included... there's the "Football fight" from Queen's Flash Gordon, Mecco's disco take on Princess Leia theme, "Too Much Time On My Hands" by Styx...

The only 100% original tracks are by Shuky Levi. And amusingly one of his themes seems to have been ripped off for David Lynches Dune...

Is Gadget getting a new release?

TF:TM complete score has been available for ages now. G1 show has hit another set back unfortunately... Hopefully that'll get resolved because the amount of time invested in releasing that is I-N-S-A-N-E (over a decade!).

Anyway, hopefully we get volume 2 of MOTU. Or She-Ra at least. Hell, whatever that's left in the UK warehouse would be awesome!

Thanks for the update!

And James. We go in pairs.

They can handle all of the technical stuff as they've recently used the same method for Star Trek TAS (only difference being that they obtained clean episode music tracks with no voices and no sound effects) so me and James could function as consultants pointing out which themes got used, which didn't, how many mixes were used and which ones are SOTS/She-Ra remakes and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post

• Darkness Rising
    • Mischievousness
    • Temple of Darkness
    • Saving the Day
    • He-Man to the Rescue
    • Beware the Serpent
    • Balance of Power
    • The Risk
    • Cowardly Cat
    Also missing is the mix of "Curious Orko" that's on the channel, then there's a short music track that can be heard in "Sweet-Bee's home" when He-Man defends Frosta from Horde troopers, bunch of re-recordings that were featured in SOTS and She-Ra, the uncut Orko's theme (you can hear missing bits in "Teela's quest"), the original version of Snake mountain theme, original "Call to action", original "A mighty army", original "Eternia awakes", original "Attack on the palace", The circus theme, both the show version and the re-recorded version of "Eternian tranquility" (the one on the set is a version from "The greatest adventure special"), a mix of the "Captain of the royal guard" that's on the channel, "A telepathic warning", original "The creeping terror", the Flash Gordon shock themes (those violin ones)... lot of stuff that could fill volume 2.
    Last edited by Grimbot; February 7, 2017 at 12:32am.

Thanks for the info on what's missing, Grimbot!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Is Gadget getting a new release?
    Gadget isn't getting a new release - I was referring to the 30th Anniversary Tele 80 release from 2013. I completely missed it at the time. But I figured it was recent enough to go in the list above - same with the Transformers score.

G1 show has hit another set back unfortunately... Hopefully that'll get resolved because the amount of time invested in releasing that is I-N-S-A-N-E (over a decade!).
    Really? That's disappointing. Is it a licensing issue? I'm hoping that when it finally comes, it will be on CD and not bluray!

Excellent that MOTU practically sold out!
    If you can spread the word on social media that there are 200 copies still left, that would help According to the soundtrack label, it sold great at the start, then they were down to about 500 copies at the end of 2015, then it's been really slow to sell. The quicker this sells out, the more chances of future CDs I think!

Meanwhile, a new Duck Tales CD has been released by Intrada Records this week. Here are the details:

DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE - TREASURE OF THE LOST LAMP

David Newman
    Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume ISC 372
    Film Date: 1990
    Album Date: 2017
    Time: 71:03
    Tracks: 22

David Newman score for Walt Disney animation tale finally gets long-awaited release on CD! Feature was spun out of popular 1987 animation TV series inspired by Disney artist Carl Banks, creator four decades earlier of Scrooge McDuck, Donald’s rich uncle. Along with nephews Huey, Louie and Dewey, clan embarks on a wild hunt for the treasure of Collie Baba. Shape-shifting sorcerer Merlock makes the journey difficult. A magic lamp complete with a wacky Genie and the requisite three wishes all factor in as well. Bob Hathcock directs, Alan Burnett scripts, Alan Young, Russi Taylor, Christopher Lloyd provide voices. A favorite project of composer David Newman, who considered it, “Like a dream experience for me.” Newman was afforded considerable freedom to write what he felt was most appropriate without interference. “It was lovely.” Newman scores for a large orchestra, writes wall-to-wall music, including several lengthy sequences. Strong degree of musical architecture results. Music often twists and turns on a dime, racing forward, stopping suddenly for quick pauses then continuing onwards. Excitement is name of the game! Vibrant recording by Tim Boyle made at Evergreen Studios in Burbank over 6 days in June 1990. Entire album is presented in crisp stereo sound from complete digital 2-track scoring session masters with 3 additional cues derived from the 30 its Dolby SR-format analog mixes, all courtesy Walt Disney Records. John Takis provides descriptive liner notes, Kay Marshall fashions gorgeous, colorful “flipper” cover. Choose your favorite! David Newman composes, orchestrates, conducts. Intrada Special Collection CD available while quantities and interest remain!

01. Coming In For A Landing (1:56)
    02. The Seal Of Collie Baba (4:34)
    03. The Pyramid (Alternate) (2:55)
    04. The Ducks Use Their Marbles (1:10)
    05. Webby Discovers The Lantern (4:43)
    06. Scrooge Gets Depressed (1:17)
    07. Back Home (0:22)
    08. Meet The Genie (2:30)
    09. Mrs. Beakley Meets The Elephant (1:39)
    10. Ice Cream Sundae From The Sky (1:43)
    11. The Story Of The Talisman (2:25)
    12. Morning Becomes Merlock (1:00)
    13. Merlock Sneaks Into The Mansion (6:01)
    14. Scrooge Gets The Lamp (0:20)
    15. I Wish For The Treasure Of Collie Baba (1:48)
    16. Merlock Goes For Scrooge (6:16)
    17. Dijon The Master (4:25)
    18. Mission Impossible (5:45)
    19. Merlock Takes Control (10:06)
    20. End Credits (4:18)
    Total Time: 1:05:31

The Extras
    21. The Pyramid (Original) (2:54)
    22. Merlock Goes For Scrooge (Long Version) (2:27)
    Extras Time: (5:22)

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/i...category=22848

If you can spread the word on social media that there are 200 copies still left, that would help
    Will do my part today!

I am dying for Lalaland to do a CD release of the music from the 80's ThunderCats cartoon. I sent them an e-mail about it a couple of months ago and they said they were making efforts to do so, but nothing to announce yet. That's my "holy grail" of 80s cartoon music. IMO, the TCats music was on-par with MOTU's music. Both are amazing and transcend the medium.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I'm waiting the She-Ra soundtrack too!!

Listening to the She-ra's DVD menu from BCI, the tracks used are in stereo, and in the right time and pitch! So many original tapes were found, but we never knew where they came from, and how many they are.

Any word about it?

After delaying my purchase for this CD for over a year now, I just ordered myself a copy. Thanks for spreading the word on here that there are only 200 copies left, I may have missed it if I continued to wait it out. I read comments on here and I am really looking to forward to give this CD a listen!

Put me down to be down for a She-ra soundtrack!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures

Also late to the party. Got my order in last night.

Really? That's disappointing. Is it a licensing issue? I'm hoping that when it finally comes, it will be on CD and not bluray!
    Unknown. The last update didn't specify the exact problem.

Heroic Warrior
    wwaaaait a minute.

i didn't see the inspector gadget info.

where is this?