Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Filmation Soundtrack CD from La-La Land Records (release date: 4/7/15)

Quote Originally Posted by litefoot View Post
    Thanks for the info on what's missing, Grimbot!

Gadget isn't getting a new release - I was referring to the 30th Anniversary Tele 80 release from 2013. I completely missed it at the time. But I figured it was recent enough to go in the list above - same with the Transformers score.

Really? That's disappointing. Is it a licensing issue? I'm hoping that when it finally comes, it will be on CD and not bluray!

If you can spread the word on social media that there are 200 copies still left, that would help According to the soundtrack label, it sold great at the start, then they were down to about 500 copies at the end of 2015, then it's been really slow to sell. The quicker this sells out, the more chances of future CDs I think!

Meanwhile, a new Duck Tales CD has been released by Intrada Records this week. Here are the details:

DUCKTALES: THE MOVIE - TREASURE OF THE LOST LAMP

David Newman
    Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume ISC 372
    Film Date: 1990
    Album Date: 2017
    Time: 71:03
    Tracks: 22

David Newman score for Walt Disney animation tale finally gets long-awaited release on CD! Feature was spun out of popular 1987 animation TV series inspired by Disney artist Carl Banks, creator four decades earlier of Scrooge McDuck, Donald’s rich uncle. Along with nephews Huey, Louie and Dewey, clan embarks on a wild hunt for the treasure of Collie Baba. Shape-shifting sorcerer Merlock makes the journey difficult. A magic lamp complete with a wacky Genie and the requisite three wishes all factor in as well. Bob Hathcock directs, Alan Burnett scripts, Alan Young, Russi Taylor, Christopher Lloyd provide voices. A favorite project of composer David Newman, who considered it, “Like a dream experience for me.” Newman was afforded considerable freedom to write what he felt was most appropriate without interference. “It was lovely.” Newman scores for a large orchestra, writes wall-to-wall music, including several lengthy sequences. Strong degree of musical architecture results. Music often twists and turns on a dime, racing forward, stopping suddenly for quick pauses then continuing onwards. Excitement is name of the game! Vibrant recording by Tim Boyle made at Evergreen Studios in Burbank over 6 days in June 1990. Entire album is presented in crisp stereo sound from complete digital 2-track scoring session masters with 3 additional cues derived from the 30 its Dolby SR-format analog mixes, all courtesy Walt Disney Records. John Takis provides descriptive liner notes, Kay Marshall fashions gorgeous, colorful “flipper” cover. Choose your favorite! David Newman composes, orchestrates, conducts. Intrada Special Collection CD available while quantities and interest remain!

01. Coming In For A Landing (1:56)
    02. The Seal Of Collie Baba (4:34)
    03. The Pyramid (Alternate) (2:55)
    04. The Ducks Use Their Marbles (1:10)
    05. Webby Discovers The Lantern (4:43)
    06. Scrooge Gets Depressed (1:17)
    07. Back Home (0:22)
    08. Meet The Genie (2:30)
    09. Mrs. Beakley Meets The Elephant (1:39)
    10. Ice Cream Sundae From The Sky (1:43)
    11. The Story Of The Talisman (2:25)
    12. Morning Becomes Merlock (1:00)
    13. Merlock Sneaks Into The Mansion (6:01)
    14. Scrooge Gets The Lamp (0:20)
    15. I Wish For The Treasure Of Collie Baba (1:48)
    16. Merlock Goes For Scrooge (6:16)
    17. Dijon The Master (4:25)
    18. Mission Impossible (5:45)
    19. Merlock Takes Control (10:06)
    20. End Credits (4:18)
    Total Time: 1:05:31

The Extras
    21. The Pyramid (Original) (2:54)
    22. Merlock Goes For Scrooge (Long Version) (2:27)
    Extras Time: (5:22)

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/i...category=22848

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/...pskjqnnmft.jpg
    inspired by Disney artist Carl Banks

They can't even spell his name right and they expect to sell this to the Disney Collector..

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Will do my part today!
    Huzzah! Thanks. The sooner this sells out the better, if it encourages La La Land to start thinking about She-Ra!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I am dying for Lalaland to do a CD release of the music from the 80's ThunderCats cartoon. I sent them an e-mail about it a couple of months ago and they said they were making efforts to do so, but nothing to announce yet. That's my "holy grail" of 80s cartoon music. IMO, the TCats music was on-par with MOTU's music. Both are amazing and transcend the medium.
    Well, way back in 2012, when La La Land were working on the release of the music for the new Thundercats series, the co-owner of the label, MV Gerhard, did say this on the Film Score Monthly forum:

"Since we are working on the new incarnation of T-Cats it's only logical that we are looking into the original. Keep your fingers crossed."

Unfortunately, that was five years ago and he hasn't mentioned it in public since. Thundercats is owned by Warners, and Warners are very slow dealing with stuff like this because they have no staff to handle licensing items from their catalog. The labels have to go at Warner's pace. It may just be taking a long time to iron out the legal aspects. Also, there may be rights issues involved. MV is probably keeping silent about it in public because otherwise he gets bombarded with emails asking when it's coming out. That's how the soundtrack labels operate. He hasn't categorically ruled it out on the FSM forum yet, which is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    I'm waiting the She-Ra soundtrack too!!

Listening to the She-ra's DVD menu from BCI, the tracks used are in stereo, and in the right time and pitch! So many original tapes were found, but we never knew where they came from, and how many they are.

Any word about it?
    After a long search, the He-Man tapes were located in the UK. La La Land Records released everything that was on the tapes. Hopefully the missing music is on the She-Ra tapes, wherever they are! I have fingers and toes crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    After delaying my purchase for this CD for over a year now, I just ordered myself a copy. Thanks for spreading the word on here that there are only 200 copies left, I may have missed it if I continued to wait it out. I read comments on here and I am really looking to forward to give this CD a listen!

Put me down to be down for a She-ra soundtrack!!
    I hope you enjoy the CD. I'm on the verge of wearing my copy out!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasculio294 View Post
    Also late to the party. Got my order in last night.
    Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Unknown. The last update didn't specify the exact problem.
    Damn. Have you a link to the updates page so I can keep track?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    wwaaaait a minute.

i didn't see the inspector gadget info.

where is this?
    The Gadget CD was actually released in 2013 in French label Tele 80 (I suppose it still feels recent to me). It's 55 minutes. Here's the cover:

And here's the Amazon.com page:

https://www.amazon.com/Inspecteur-Ga...teur+gadget+cd

I totally missed it when it came out. I'm in the UK and managed to find a cheap copy on French website Priceminister.com last week. Some still there - here you go:

http://www.priceminister.com/offer/b...-bo-films.html

Amazon.com copies are pricey, so maybe this option is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    inspired by Disney artist Carl Banks

They can't even spell his name right and they expect to sell this to the Disney Collector..
    I'm still waiting to hear from Intrada as to why the theme wasn't included. Will post here when I find out!

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Will do my part today!
    Not sure how I missed this first time round, but saw it on the org homepage today, and just ordered 2 copies!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Have you a link to the updates page so I can keep track?
    Just check Allspark.com from time to time. If any new information shows up, it'll be posted there.

Just check Allspark.com from time to time. If any new information shows up, it'll be posted there.
    Ah yes I see, thanks! Forum also looks useful!

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    Not sure how I missed this first time round, but saw it on the org homepage today, and just ordered 2 copies!
    You're in for a treat!

- - - Updated - - -

Slightly off topic - bad news concerning a potential release of Bernard Hoffer's Thundercats music. La La Land Records owner MV Gerhard has previously said they were looking into releasing it on CD. That was a while ago. This week he was asked on the FSM forum for an update about whether it's getting a release. Reply was: 'can't'.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boar...8900&archive=0

Presumably a licensing issue. At least they managed to get He-Man done!

Another comment from La La Land Records over at FSM. Someone asked them:

"are there any plans to do a Volume 2 of He-Man and/or a volume of She-Ra by Shuki Levy? James Eatock and Dusan M. reconstructed many musical pieces from the cartoon, utilising the original music and effects tracks"

Response was:

"I really hope so, but this darn show and sister show are really complicated matters. All I can say is we'll see."

tenor.gif

Another comment from La La Land Records over at FSM. Someone asked them:

"are there any plans to do a Volume 2 of He-Man and/or a volume of She-Ra by Shuki Levy? James Eatock and Dusan M. reconstructed many musical pieces from the cartoon, utilising the original music and effects tracks"

Response was:

"I really hope so, but this darn show and sister show are really complicated matters. All I can say is we'll see."

tenor.gif
    They gotta be referring to separate license thing. All in all, FANTASTIC that they're looking into releasing more.

They gotta be referring to separate license thing. All in all, FANTASTIC that they're looking into releasing more.
    I'm chomping at the bit for She-Ra. Really hoping it will come sooner rather than later.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Yeah, the She-Ra music would be incredible. Please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

So hope Cringer's theme has been misplaced among She-Ra themes. That's one track James and I were having a lot of trouble to put together.

Unedited Director's Cut
    So hope Cringer's theme has been misplaced among She-Ra themes. That's one track James and I were having a lot of trouble to put together.
    You did a great job with it, though, Grimbot. I've probably listened to that track more than any of the rest of them.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Saving The Day is another one I need to see on the next CD!

Saving The Day is another one I need to see on the next CD!
    That one was at least extracted fully.

I really hope they put out the She-Ra soundtrack, I love that music even more than He-Man's!
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

La La Land Records having a sale on some 80s titles including the 2-CD He-Man set. Reduced to $20.

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/He-Man.html

Thank you for the heads up!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Last day to get this set for $20. Sale ends midnight

Widget
    New She-Ra track on the official youtube channel! Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffomiles View Post
    New She-Ra track on the official youtube channel! Yeah! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uDZC0-2aQ4
    You made my Day!!!!!!!

That's great! I didn't think we'd be getting any more of those.

Sent from my thumbs to your eyeballs

MV Gerhard of La La Land Records, the label that released the 2-CD set of He-Man, just posted this on the FSM forum:

"Things are afoot..

Trying to make She Ra happen at some point. Lots of cool possibilities have opened up recently."

Awesome!!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Oh yes!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

It would be cool if they made some sort of deal with Dreamworks since it would open things up for both new and old shows.

MV Gerhard of La La Land Records, the label that released the 2-CD set of He-Man, just posted this on the FSM forum:

"Things are afoot..

Trying to make She Ra happen at some point. Lots of cool possibilities have opened up recently."

Phenomenal news! This would be awesome.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot