Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 397987888990 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2229

Thread: MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion (updated as bios become available)

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Gbabok in regards to trapjaw, i based my conculsion off that one drawing, just it i possble he was able to repair himself before. something i want to point out Lord grasp bio, as it say he and His Warriors escaped defeat from the 2nd UBG, now in fangors bio from the dark horse book it never says he was a warrior of King hiss, therefore i am making the assumption that he is one of Lord Grasps warriors (i am also making the educated guess that Terr-roar, Streatch Nekk and Vypor are as well, Quick Flick( thru Terr-roars bio) and the last mini comic seems to be under the command of King hiss), and " Accessing the technology of the cosmic key,Fang-or and several other snakemen survived the second ultimate battle ground by journeying to Trolla, where they became Lady Slithers Vassals. Fangor mobilized Slithers Snake Lair and, after years adrift, the Lair and its occupants settled on Eternia". Now according to Plasmars bio, Skeletor saved Camo Khan from the spell of sepration , these 2 now becoming motal enemies(Plasmar and Khan). Heres where things start unraveling. According to Entry in the dark horse book, which is a combo of Camo and Korba Khans bios, Kobra Khan got his powers after King hiss was decapitated by Zodak, and Skeletor took the throne of Eternos. This is when Kobra Khan created his cabal of Snake Men and called his renegade group the Diabocial Snakes. Now Orignally i was thinking that those new snake men we got would be a part of that (axel made some drawing showing those new snake men as part of them), but in light of Lord Grasps bio, it seems more likely that they part of his contingent. Now that would leave Rattlor Tung, lashor, and squeeze, (Snake Face is Stone according the unproduced 40th episode of 200x comic) which at least from the perspective of rattlors/Kobra Khan relationship, they would never work together. Although from the perspective of rattlor and tung lashor jumping sides to the Horde , and the christmas special tung lashor and Rattlor were seen working for skeletor, maybe it was a rouse to stay in the good grace of Skeletor, the most powerful being on the planet, till king hiss was fully recovered, and with kobra khan the one with the best working relationship with skeletor, him actiing as the leader is the best move in order to allow them to considered as allies till they could betray him. Now the bio also states that his power for camo khan was temporary but that is contrary to what plasmars bio states as well as the fact that his that khan was destoryed in the 2nd ubg ( and to further that there is a pic showing that him unraveling in the 3rd mini comic) but plasmars says skeletor revived him. Skeletor had no magical power( hence his terror claw armor) till he got his staff back which was after orko cast the spell of separation, which means they were both destoryed simultaneously, so literally skeletor would have to had grabbed his staff and immeaditly saved khan as his first act of business otherwise i feel it would be hard to revive him. And on top of his powers being temporary , he was supposed to be in the 3rd UBG (according to Axel) but got left out and this fight was played out in the time of king heman, which means these power were def not temporary. Graps bip states he joins forces with Lady slither but which one is really in charge? and Xarkoran is an awesome nod to Where Gorgone, the stone snake giant and Xan, here messegner are from in the brazil comic so kudos to the writer of the bios.
    RE Khan, breaking out my World Compendium notes, I don’t see Khan clearly unravelling in the mini-comic actually. I see generic green Snake Men, but the only ones I can really for sure identify are Sssqueeze in one panel and King Hiss in another. Granted I’d assume all the familiar Snake Men did die there unless we learn otherwise, but only Sssqueeze and Hiss were clearly shown falling apart (and some armor that might have been Snake Face’s, although there’s a contradiction with him and Sssqueeze that I’ll explain later). We also saw the Unnamed One conjure King Hiss back from oblivion later, so resurrections were possible after the Spell of Separation was cast. Perhaps Skeletor’s spell from before enabled him to do the same with Khan if he had need of him during the missing NA years. I don’t think he had to have restored him right there on Eternia or during the events shown in the mini-comic—although I think Scott said the mini-comics were a generalized telling of the events and left room for a lot of minute detail like what you’ve described. As for Plasmar’s bio contradicting the part about the Camo spell being temporary, I think a spell with an expiration date of 50 years is still temporary, so I don’t agree that Camo Khan running around in King He-Man’s time means the enchantment on him wasn't still temporary. There was already a curious contradiction because regular Kobra Khan did appear in the 2nd UBG in one panel, but then he was slated to appear as Camo Khan in the 3rd UBG many years later, so there’s a missing step in here somewhere regardless. I’d assume if Skeletor revived Khan, he did it for a solid reason too since that hisser was so much trouble for him.

RE Snake Face, there’s no mention of him being turned to stone in MOTUC as in 200x, and he was shown flesh and blood again in the 2nd UBG. However, Saurod’s bio says he slew both Snake Face and Sssqueeze, so their appearing to unravel in the Spell of Separation (if that was them) must have been their bodies being extra-destroyed or they hadn’t yet expired from mortal wounds Saurod gave them.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Slamurai sounds like a damn wrestler, brudda!

"WellyaknowMeanGene, The Hulkster an the Slamurai are going to run down that ramp inta SlummerSlam and double team Akeem and tha Boss Man! Watchoo gonna do when the Hulkster an the Slamurai run wild on you!"
    Thats exactly what I though, sound like a wrestler
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Heroic Warrior
    Those were intriguing.

Didn't raise more questions for me just made me want to know who Flicker.

All of these bios fills in/adds to the overall time line.

Alright! New bios! Some of my thoughts...

-The white ninja's name is Slamurai. This may be the most 80's name ever. In my mind, he is a cross between Mister Miyagi and Randy Savage, spouting wise sayings in Macho Man's voice. "Before you set out for revenge, remember to dig TWOOOOOO GRAVES!!! SLAMURAIIIII!!!!" I may have a new favorite character.

-That being said, it bugs me how he is a ninja yet is named after a samurai. It'd be nice if they slipped in a samurai helmet or something for him, when he gets a figure (it'll happen!)

-Also, we get a mention of the Snake Horde Troopers. Next years set seems already done!

-No real names. Some people will be happy, but I will miss them.

-Terroar's bio sounds similar to my own made-up bio for Bandwidth. Somebody has a rival in my personal canon!

-Adam likes to hang out with the "unruly young ladies". Especially at the Dragon's Breath Inn. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

-I like how Plasmar's bio still mentions "Hot Shot" being a nickname. It is like he had an old figure named "Hot Shot", but they couldn't get the copyright so they called him Plasmar, kinda like "Icarius", "Strong-Or", and "Ninja Warrior". Personally, I prefer "Hot Shot", and will refer to him as such.

-Hot Shot wears his enemies SKINS as trophies! This dude is hardcore!

-I like the "mortal enemy" angle with Hot Shot and Kobra Khan.

-Trap Jaw is now officially the MOTU version of Starscream, this bio gives him his own "Underbase Saga" (anyone remember the Marvel Comics Transformers?)

-It looks to me like Lady Slither becomes one of the main villains of the post Son of He-Man era. If we don't get a figure of her in the next wave, I'll head over to Val's house and empty his fridge!

Heroic Warrior
    There was pocket groups of Japanese wrestling fans that dug 80's wresting in the wwe (then WWF) so the local indies reached out to younger wrestler to adapt a colorful gimmick. One such wrestler was Chinese guy. worked the upper card. Paid off for him both with the money, fame and time.

YAY! I like MOTU and these newly revealed bios.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Slamurai sounds like a damn wrestler, brudda!

"WellyaknowMeanGene, The Hulkster an the Slamurai are going to run down that ramp inta SlummerSlam and double team Akeem and tha Boss Man! Watchoo gonna do when the Hulkster an the Slamurai run wild on you!"
    - - - Updated - - -

I'm glad some peoples are back. it was calming and soothing news to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Vearn View Post
    QFT. With these Bios, they transformed Masters Of The Universe Classics Canon into The Simpsons. It doesn't matter anything that happens or happened, next day it will be all the same. Boring :/

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    I can tell a lot of thought went into the bios, explaining the odd looks of these exclusive figures. Lord Gr'Asp really stands out. He sounds more like a stand alone villain who will sometimes ally himself with others and is always ruthless. Terroar taking his look from other characters who just happen to be standing around, is a great origin for such a character! Very cool! An alien snakeman? I dig it! Plasmar sounds pretty gruff too! Good stuff.

Also Slamurai? Seriously? I was hoping for a non-gimmicky name for that one. In fact I kinda dig Ghost, as suggested by BCRduke and King Tumusk (need a figure of KT too btw). Name aside, nothing will stop me from snagging a Slamurai of my very own as soon as I get the chance!
    "..."

Slamurai was a fun name. It was one part nodding to a possible action feature, and a few other nods woven in (that people, as I should have guessed, already figured out).

I have my own personal idea as well for a way to give him a little something extra, but mum is the word on that for now.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

I wasnt hyped for these new guys when they were announced, but after reading the bios i want them!

Is Plasmar wearing snake skin pants? Val please respond

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    RE Khan, breaking out my World Compendium notes, I don’t see Khan clearly unravelling in the mini-comic actually. I see generic green Snake Men, but the only ones I can really for sure identify are Sssqueeze in one panel and King Hiss in another. Granted I’d assume all the familiar Snake Men did die there unless we learn otherwise, but only Sssqueeze and Hiss were clearly shown falling apart (and some armor that might have been Snake Face’s, although there’s a contradiction with him and Sssqueeze that I’ll explain later). We also saw the Unnamed One conjure King Hiss back from oblivion later, so resurrections were possible after the Spell of Separation was cast. Perhaps Skeletor’s spell from before enabled him to do the same with Khan if he had need of him during the missing NA years. I don’t think he had to have restored him right there on Eternia or during the events shown in the mini-comic—although I think Scott said the mini-comics were a generalized telling of the events and left room for a lot of minute detail like what you’ve described. As for Plasmar’s bio contradicting the part about the Camo spell being temporary, I think a spell with an expiration date of 50 years is still temporary, so I don’t agree that Camo Khan running around in King He-Man’s time means the enchantment on him wasn't still temporary. There was already a curious contradiction because regular Kobra Khan did appear in the 2nd UBG in one panel, but then he was slated to appear as Camo Khan in the 3rd UBG many years later, so there’s a missing step in here somewhere regardless. I’d assume if Skeletor revived Khan, he did it for a solid reason too since that hisser was so much trouble for him.

RE Snake Face, there’s no mention of him being turned to stone in MOTUC as in 200x, and he was shown flesh and blood again in the 2nd UBG. However, Saurod’s bio says he slew both Snake Face and Sssqueeze, so their appearing to unravel in the Spell of Separation (if that was them) must have been their bodies being extra-destroyed or they hadn’t yet expired from mortal wounds Saurod gave them.
    Gbabok what is your opinion on the Diabolical Snake, who is a part of that of group, and who is the contingent of snakemen that escaped from the 2nd UBG with lord grasp and fangor. (Including Sssstretch Nekkk, Vypor, Quick Flick, Golden rod and Terr-roar, is a great way including them in further adventures in the SOH era.) Do you think that this group was comprised of the remaining snake men of king Hsss's group while he was recuperating from his decapitation or from this new slew of snakemen, maybe lord grasp acting beneath khan till he made his escape during the second ulimate battle ground?
    Last edited by facet; December 23, 2017 at 12:50pm.

Heroic Warrior mikerobertschamp's Avatar
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    Just maybe there is room in there, for Khan to actually to be both dead and alive, he could have been cloned by Skeletor and hiding in the shadows till the original Khan died then was revealed as the real Khan as a pawn to gain the ranks of the remaining snakemen.
    My wants all NA POG SOH filmation Garth Lady Slithor Meteorbs Zark Michi, Kothos, King Taurius, King Helios, Kittrina, Illumina, be plastic IMMORTALIZED

Gbabok what is your opinion on the Diabolical Snake, who is a part of that of group, and who is the contingent of snakemen that escaped from the 2nd UBG with lord grasp and fangor. (Including Sssstretch Nekkk, Vypor, Quick Flick, Golden rod and Terr-roar, is a great way including them in further adventures in the SOH era.) Do you think that this group was comprised of the remaining snake men of king Hsss's group while he was recuperating from his decapitation or from this new slew of snakemen, maybe lord grasp acting beneath khan till he made his escape during the second ulimate battle ground?
    I hope that any future Snake Men we get as figures won't have bios that say they're already dead. I mean I'm good with Preternia characters from the past getting figures, but it's kind of a wash when a current warrior is already a casualty. Like, "be sure to pose him lying down." If that means any such characters got away from the 2nd UBG, I'm fine with that! My guess is there weren’t too many avenues of escape from the Spell of Separation, so probably those who got away did so as a one single party. But then like I said before, we saw the Unnamed One resurrect King Hssss later, so that's another way more Snake Men might have returned. Lucky break if they survived the 3rd UBG after being unmade in the 2nd!
    Last edited by gbagok; December 23, 2017 at 09:24pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

DYLAMUG Evil Robot with Endless Expressions

Dylamug was once a diplomat droid from the planet Robotica when Hordak captured and
    reprogrammed him. Where Dylamug had once been erudite and civil, Hordak made him
    hedonistic and malevolent. To demoralize the population of Etheria, Hordak set Dylamug
    loose with a gang of off-duty Horde Troopers to plunder the smaller villages that weren't
    vital to the operations of The Evil Horde. Although artificial, Dylamug's reprogramming
    made him delight in wicked acts, and he eagerly indulged his now numerous appetites.
    She-Ra and Bow led a resistance against Dylamug's mob at the village of Devlan, one of
    the first turning points for The Great Rebellion as many previously docile Etherians
    finally took up arms against The Horde. Despite his defeat, Dylamug continued to serve the
    Horde as Hordak's emissary to Horde World where he remained when Hordak left Etheria
    to conquer Eternia. After She-Ra slew Horde Prime, Dylamug saw the evil leader's dark
    spirit infect and incapacitate her. The evil robot then sold her to the Game Master to
    fight in the galactic arena as Despara.

WRAP TRAP Monstrous Mummy of the Evil Horde

The Sands of Time were once ruled by the mystic Kartan, whose disfigured priest Sibor secretly loved Kartan's daughter, Princess Naka-Ra. When Sibor finally expressed his feelings, things did not go well. Naka-Ra rejected Sibor and threatened to tell her father. Pleading, the frightened priest grabbed Naka-Ra's arm, but she misunderstood the gesture. A struggle ensued between the two and Naka-Ra was accidentally killed.
    A remorse-stricken Sibor then defiled the Temple of the Sun by attempting to raise Naka-Ra from the dead. Stopped by the Deathless Soldiers of Kartan, the priest was sentenced to an unspeakable fate. As Kartan read incantations from the Netherworld Scroll, Sibor was mummified alive.
    Eons later, Hordak and Shadow Weaver discovered Sibor's tomb and used the Netherworld Scroll to awaken the cursed mummy.
    Renamed Wrap Trap and controlled by the scroll, the undead creature served the Evil Horde with his inhuman strength and ability to strangle and ensnare victims in his bandages. Wrap Trap refused to attack She-Ra, however, for she was the very image of his long-lost Naka-Ra.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    A tidal wave of new bios is coming, guys and gals! There are loads of official Classics digital bios on the way, plus several Collector's Choice cardback bios too!

See my post in the Masters Mondays thread for more info.

I hope that you'll join us for a deep dive into MOTUC mythology, featuring history, character backgrounds, legends, lore, magic, battles, and much more!

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    A tidal wave of new bios is coming, guys and gals! There are loads of official digital Classics bios on the way, plus several Collector's Choice cardback bios coming too!
    See my post in the Masters Mondays thread for more info.

I hope you'll join us for a deep dive into MOTUC mythology, featuring history, character backgrounds, legends, lore and much more!

https://i.imgur.com/HRiigIa.jpg
    Huzzah!^^^^^
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

I’m going to need to brush up on the Bio-Narrative. Maybe this summer, after the school year...!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I’m going to need to brush up on the Bio-Narrative. Maybe this summer, after the school year...!
    Yes please unfortunately it seems pat has left this awesome thread so your narrative is the are most up to date storyline we have for motuc

Horde zombie He-Man bio is up
    81F4748C-1CB1-4CB8-8CE1-88A46861EC12.jpeg
    “Surrending himself to Hordak in order to save hostages Bouldron and Quartzara Heman became the first of many victims of the dread slime pit. Operated by hordaks swinish minion Slymepig, the slime pit coated Heman with slime enchanted with pure malevolence. Horde zombie heman became hordaks menacing mind controlled enforcer sent to destroy Skeletor until the elder Stondar freed him with the magic of the Sun Stone. Heman destroyed the slime pit, setting free it’s other victims, but remnants of hordaks slime remained. After the reawakening, skeletons former pig boy Slob Boar convinced his porcinian kinsman Slymepig to help skeletor use the slime remnants to remake the slime pit and again possess Heman to lead an army of slime covered mutant bone warriors. To save her brother Shera augmented her healing abilities with the magic of the Sceptar of power and eradicated the evil slime once and for all”
    Last edited by facet; June 14, 2019 at 06:09pm.

I really like this one! Having Pig Boy grow up into Slob Boar is a stroke of genius. (What kind of childhood did that guy have?)

I love the Rock Warriors helping out, and She-Ra saving her brother with the Scepter of Power is cool, too.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    I really like this one! Having Pig Boy grow up into Slob Boar is a stroke of genius.
    I dig it too. Very interesting way to connect them.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Detail Dense! :^D

I mourn the missed opportunity to "TM" SUN ROCK, The Geolon Deity's Real Name. As per usual, there is most likely some behind-the-scenes copyright info of which I remain unaware... and Quartzara and Bouldron make their Vintage Mini-Comic appearance Masters Classics canon, which is never a bad thing.

Linking the Vintage and the 200X iterations of The Slime Pit is a pat-on-the-back moment for our Bio Authors, as well as combining Pig Boy and Slob-Boar, and further linking Him to SlymePig!

Viva le Masters Mon-- er, Friday! [^D
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Man View Post
    Detail Dense! :^D

I mourn the missed opportunity to "TM" SUN ROCK, The Geolon Deity's Real Name. As per usual, there is most likely some behind-the-scenes copyright info of which I remain unaware... and Quartzara and Bouldron make their Vintage Mini-Comic appearance Masters Classics canon, which is never a bad thing.

Linking the Vintage and the 200X iterations of The Slime Pit is a pat-on-the-back moment for our Bio Authors, as well as combining Pig Boy and Slob-Boar, and further linking Him to SlymePig!

Viva le Masters Mon-- er, Friday! [^D
    The sun stone is actually from the filmation episode” troubles middle name” it’s an artifact within the temple of the sun. Check it http://www.he-man.org/encyclopedia/v...3&objectid=222 . Also bouldron and quartzara both appeared in Tallstars bio from the masters Monday.
    Last edited by facet; June 14, 2019 at 09:05pm.

The sun stone is actually from the filmation episode” troubles middle name” it’s an artifact within the temple of the sun. Check it http://www.he-man.org/encyclopedia/v...3&objectid=222 . Also bouldron and quartzara both appeared in Tallstars bio from the masters Monday.
    Thank You, facet! :^D

I recall Quartzara and Bouldron's noteworthy name-drops in Tallstar's Bio a while back. I was just commenting on how their Original (and singular) Vintage appearance was being cited here. This would have occurred way prior to the events in the Tallstar piece, but that's neither here nor there.

The Sun Stone is NOT the thing that Stonedar utilized in the "Escape From The Slime Pit!" Mini-Comic, upon which this sequence of events was based pretty much verbatim (He-Man sacrifices himself to Hordak to save Rock People innocents, becomes shambling horrific Slime Monster, is sent by Hordak to wreck Skeletor, etc.). Having done a 15-second Search Engine inquiry for the term "Sun Rock", I think that I now understand why the term "Sun Stone" was substituted, leaving trademarkability out of the picture. Never mind me, forget I said anything... :^)
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Where’s the new one for the 3-Pack?

Where’s the new one for the 3-Pack?
    Here we go... and boy am I stoked to see characters that Eric and I created appear in Slamurai's one!!! Ageisha and Terror Cotta Warriors!

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar