Page 314 of 314 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314
Results 7,826 to 7,842 of 7842

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

  1. #7826
    Widget FitzChivalry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    9
    Do we have any idea why King Grayskull is so expensive? I mean, I'm gonna swallow the cost because the figure looks great, but I'd be lying if I said I was happy about it.

    Oh, and thanks to everyone who posted online store recommendations - I've managed to pre-order the next few waves of MV and a few select Origin figs. Still can't find Masterverse Trap Jaw, though. He's the only current figure I need to round out my collection and it's driving me mad. The worst part is I did actually have one but I had to send it back because it was defective.

  2. #7827
    Heroic Warrior d0od's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
    The worst part is I did actually have one but I had to send it back because it was defective.
    Yeah, one of the stores I buy from had to let me know before despatching my trap jaw that it was missing an arm. They said QC had been horrendous for that masterverse wave. I managed to pick up one from another store same day though, so I didn't miss out. He did seem to evaporate from stock everywhere as soon as he landed.

    It's not the world's best price (42) and their postage is steep (5.50) but Forbidden Planet dot com has Masterverse Trap Jaw in stock.
    Last edited by d0od; June 13, 2022 at 07:19pm.

  3. #7828
    Heroic Warrior Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canterbury, UK
    Posts
    1,112
    Hey everyone. I've decided to pre-order the next few waves of Masterverse toys.
    I've not been keeping as close an eye on them as I did MOTUC Classics.

    I've got everything that's currently out up to the Deluxe Trap Jaw, and the New Eternia He-Man and Skeletor.
    Is this a complete list of everything that's currently available to pre-order?

    Basic Figures
    40th Anniversary He-Man
    Battle Armour He-Man
    Catra
    He-Man (Netflix He-Man & MOTU)
    Skeletor (Netflix He-Man & MOTU)
    Sun-Man
    Zodak


    Deluxe Figures
    Beast Man
    He-Ro
    Hordak
    King Grayskull
    She-Ra

    Have I missed anything? Thanks in advance.

  4. #7829
    Court Magician Motorthing68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Hey everyone. I've decided to pre-order the next few waves of Masterverse toys.
    I've not been keeping as close an eye on them as I did MOTUC Classics.

    I've got everything that's currently out up to the Deluxe Trap Jaw, and the New Eternia He-Man and Skeletor.
    Is this a complete list of everything that's currently available to pre-order?

    Basic Figures
    40th Anniversary He-Man
    Battle Armour He-Man
    Catra
    He-Man (Netflix He-Man & MOTU)
    Skeletor (Netflix He-Man & MOTU)
    Sun-Man
    Zodak


    Deluxe Figures
    Beast Man
    He-Ro
    Hordak
    King Grayskull
    She-Ra

    Have I missed anything? Thanks in advance.
    .

    That's everything we know about this far.- there is the rumoured wave of Roboto, Stratos, Lyn and Frosta that hasn't been confirmed yet.

    Trap Jaw is in Forbidden Planet(s) - it was in the Central London one at lunchtime along with Tri-Klops and the Scareglow/Fisto Wave.

  5. #7830
    Widget FitzChivalry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    9
    Thanks for the heads-up - I don't really want to spend more than 35, but I'll keep FP in mind for when I get desperate.

  6. #7831
    Heroic Warrior d0od's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Origins Roton is up on Amazon UK @ 29.99, delivery estimated for July/August.

    Origins Horde Troopers and Anti-Eternia He-Man are both currently 15.20 each atm, in stock from Amazon with next day delivery etc. Feels like an ice age since everyone was paying 2x the cost to get them early but it was only a month or two back.

    Origins Mosquitor deluxe is also in stock on Amazon UK for ~27, despatched from Amazon EU. Not the best price for this but it is a tricky deluxe to find in the UK at a reasonable cost. I think I paid 25 for mine.

    Edit: do let me know if me posting deals is annoying. I appreciate this is a delivery thread not a deals thread.
    Last edited by d0od; June 15, 2022 at 10:29am.

  7. #7832
    Court Magician Motorthing68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by d0od View Post
    Origins Roton is up on Amazon UK @ 29.99, delivery estimated for July/August.

    Origins Horde Troopers and Anti-Eternia He-Man are both currently 15.20 each atm, in stock from Amazon with next day delivery etc.

    Origins Mosquitor deluxe is also in stock on Amazon UK for ~27, despatched from Amazon EU. Not the best price but it is a tricky deluxe to find in the UK at a reasonable cost. I paid 25 for mine.

    Edit: do let me know if me posting deals is annoying. I appreciate this is a delivery thread not a deals thread.
    Not annoying at all, not having all the time in the world to scan retail and social media for availability and deals it's very useful when someone takes the time to point out a bargain ........or more usually a blink or you'll miss it opportunity to pick something up.

    Can't get stuff delivered if we can't buy it in the first place.

  8. #7833
    Heroic Warrior Neil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canterbury, UK
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorthing68 View Post
    .

    That's everything we know about this far.- there is the rumoured wave of Roboto, Stratos, Lyn and Frosta that hasn't been confirmed yet.
    Thank you! I do remember seeing grainy pictures of that wave. Something to look forward to in 2023 I guess.

  9. #7834
    Heroic Warrior skeletorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Taunton UK
    Posts
    468
    im finding it incredible hard to keep up with all Origins and Masterverse stuff here in the Uk. Im in a town called Taunton , we have a small toyshop but they have hardly anything and its overpriced compared to amazon. The biggest problem is the huge wait between waves and I have gotten most of my stuff from BIGBADTOYSTORE but then im paying massive amounts in customs and tax. The Uk also gets the mini comics with no text which annoys me greatly. The distribution is truly awful for Masters stuff. I wish Mattel would do better but I guess world problems and Brexit have made everything, like so many things very difficult. Trying to get Wundar and King Grayskull and any exclusives is terrible. Its like Mattel only cares about America and gives us nothing.

  10. #7835
    Widget FitzChivalry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    9
    I will admit it's frustrating seeing collectors in the states cracking open figures and posting about their early Target hauls while we're stuck waiting for months, but it is what it is. Unless you're desperate to get your figures ASAP, I'd stick to UK online stores like Comics & Cocktails, Props & Replicas, etc, as it's much cheaper than importing in the long run. For me, it's something of a blessing in disguise as the delays allow me to save up enough pennies to dabble in other toy lines I'm interested in.

    Did anyone order the Mondo He-Man? Nearly 315 with tax and delivery, plus whatever import fees eventually get tacked on. I'd rather pay that now than twice that later, though. I hope Skeletor isn't announced any time soon; I need plenty of time to nurse my wallet back to health.

  11. #7836
    Heroic Warrior d0od's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
    Unless you're desperate to get your figures ASAP, I'd stick to UK online stores like Comics & Cocktails, Props & Replicas, etc, as it's much cheaper than importing in the long run. .
    Yeah, patience is key, as is pre-ordering stuff that likely to sell well. I know it sucks waiting for stores to get their stock (sometimes months after it hits the shelves, and you see everyone else getting theirs) but hey: at least you get it eventually.

    And, keep eyes on threads like this one for the stuff you want to get a good deal on. There are often fleeting deals on places like Amazon UK and Smyths — those 15 Stridors <3 and 10 Land Sharks. I check prices daily.

    Setting up eBay saved search alerts is another top tip. It's amazing how many people list stuff at a very reasonable BIN RRP-y prices that sell very quickly.

    I find that, for some stuff you don't want to wait on, importing from Amazon.com can work out cost effective than other US sites. I got a pair of horde troopers from the US when they were listed at RRP from Amazon and, even with exchange rate and shipping, it worked out at like 18.99 each, which was cheaper than what some stores in the UK were selling the EU version at. No nasty import surprises or additional handling fees either. And hurrah: text in the comics!

    It's the exclusives we don't get at all that frustrate me, like the Mattel Creations* stuff and convention exclusives. I'd love a Dupli-cat.

    *Though they do ship internationally.
    Last edited by d0od; June 22, 2022 at 07:33am.

  12. #7837
    Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    6,964
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletorous View Post
    im finding it incredible hard to keep up with all Origins and Masterverse stuff here in the Uk. Im in a town called Taunton , we have a small toyshop but they have hardly anything and its overpriced compared to amazon. The biggest problem is the huge wait between waves and I have gotten most of my stuff from BIGBADTOYSTORE but then im paying massive amounts in customs and tax. The Uk also gets the mini comics with no text which annoys me greatly. The distribution is truly awful for Masters stuff. I wish Mattel would do better but I guess world problems and Brexit have made everything, like so many things very difficult. Trying to get Wundar and King Grayskull and any exclusives is terrible. Its like Mattel only cares about America and gives us nothing.
    Brexit or No Brexit I think the UK would still have gotten the European non English card and mini comics, just like Canada, it makes no sense. Plus MOTU sadly just isn't as big here like it is in other countries, so it would have had scattered distribution, The Entertainer has only got on board MOTU in the last couple of months.

    I think you should just buy your figures from Amazon as well as British specialist stores - Forbidden Planet, Comics & Cocktails. Or reach out to any fellow UK fans, I'm sure they will help. My local comic stores have plenty of MOTU and are always getting new stuff in.

    This line is pretty easy to collect I think - look out for great offers as mentioned by d0od which are always running like on Amazon or Smyths.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

  13. #7838
    Heroic Warrior skeletorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Taunton UK
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
    I will admit it's frustrating seeing collectors in the states cracking open figures and posting about their early Target hauls while we're stuck waiting for months, but it is what it is. Unless you're desperate to get your figures ASAP, I'd stick to UK online stores like Comics & Cocktails, Props & Replicas, etc, as it's much cheaper than importing in the long run. For me, it's something of a blessing in disguise as the delays allow me to save up enough pennies to dabble in other toy lines I'm interested in.

    Did anyone order the Mondo He-Man? Nearly 315 with tax and delivery, plus whatever import fees eventually get tacked on. I'd rather pay that now than twice that later, though. I hope Skeletor isn't announced any time soon; I need plenty of time to nurse my wallet back to health.
    I did finally buckle and get the Mondo Timed Edition of Heman. I wanted to do the instalment options but again being in the UK that wasn't an option so had to just suck up the 300 price tag which was a hard pill to swallow , I need to do some serious spending therapy! WUN-DAR is on mattel creations shortly too! And lets not even mention my Lego addiction...!

    Its a pricey time to keep two major passions going!

    I think King Grayskull is the only figure im still trying to get right now so I will look at the suggestions to see how best to get hold of him.

    Do most people open up their figures here like I do, or keep them mint on card? How do you display them?? with the orginal 80s line ,classics, origins and masterverse its not possible for me to display everything. Snake Mountain has become a rather large ornament lol!!

  14. #7839
    Court Magician Motorthing68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    South London
    Posts
    65
    Mostly an opener, but a couple of the more impressive MV Figures I've bought an extra to keep in the box like Tri-Klops and Faker while prices are still good enough to indulge that.

    I'll probably get two of the 40th He-Man. That one needs a MIB example for the Great-Grandkids.

  15. #7840
    Heroic Warrior d0od's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    I'm an opener in theory. I haven't actually opened anything since I started collecting but I buy to open, so I'm not too fussed about dinged corners and punched cards, etc. If you're an opener it's always worth keeping an eye on Amazon Warehouse. Amazing how many figures I've got from warehouse cheap because someone returned it due to "damaged packaging" and it arrives, and it's basically pristine. What they moaning about!?

  16. #7841
    Widget FitzChivalry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    9
    I always crack mine open - I like being able to pick up and poke my figures around. I tried leaving my stuff carded once, but it felt wrong; more like a stock room than a collection. If the card backs are particularly purdy I will painstakingly separate the blister from the card with a hobby knife so I can keep them for display.

    MV and S7 Ultimates are perfect because you can package them back up with minimum fuss.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sorry for double post, but Sonner Toys are offering a cascading discount from 18-19pm. 40% off for the next 5 minutes, decreasing by 10% every 15 minutes. Go, go, go!

  17. #7842
    Heroic Warrior skeletorous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Taunton UK
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by FitzChivalry View Post
    I always crack mine open - I like being able to pick up and poke my figures around. I tried leaving my stuff carded once, but it felt wrong; more like a stock room than a collection. If the card backs are particularly purdy I will painstakingly separate the blister from the card with a hobby knife so I can keep them for display.

    MV and S7 Ultimates are perfect because you can package them back up with minimum fuss.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Sorry for double post, but Sonner Toys are offering a cascading discount from 18-19pm. 40% off for the next 5 minutes, decreasing by 10% every 15 minutes. Go, go, go!
    Im so glad Im not the only one who carefully takes off the card carefully , it took me forever to get rid of the packaging and just keep the card backs lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •