Page 307 of 307 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307
Results 7,651 to 7,669 of 7669

Thread: United Kingdom Collector's Delivery Thread

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I visited Mattel Creations this morning.
    They've completely changed their site - and you have to register with them again even if you have an account.

Good news is that as part of the revamp, there is now an option to add a UK postal address.
    So hopefully we're all set for Scareglow at 5pm on Thursday.
    Thanks Neil!

and see you all Thursday!! wonder what colour waiting screen they'll have, red?, white? or something new? maybe that 12 days SDCC yellow. YSOD!

Edit: well that was easy, logged on ready just before 5pm, then picked up a Scareglow and and hot wheels set in less than 5 mins from live
    Last edited by Nianotreve; July 23, 2021 at 04:40am.
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Masterverse He-Man and Skeletor are availble at Smyths online.

Thanks I hope they get Evil-Lyn in soon.

My Masters of the WWE Universe Sting, Warrior and Triple H wave 1 figures turned up from wrestling shop U.K. and they are the American card backs which is great.

I was in Smyths Toys in Northampton earlier today and noticed they had Masterverse figures on display.
    Just He-Man, Skeletor and Skelegod I think. There didn't seem to be room for any other characters.

Has anyone else spotted these in the wild?

I didn't pick any up as I have them on pre-order from Comics & Cocktails.
    Good to seem them, though.

I saw Skelegod in Smyths the other day, i’ve already got him so didn’t bother picking him up.

Heroic Warrior
    FYI, Smyths have put their online prices up on MOTU and quite a few TFs.

Origins figures are now £18 whether in stock or not. The shelf warming cats are now £26, Grayskull costs £90. The Revelation figures are £25 and £35 for Skelegod.

I know Mattel said they'd put their prices up, but this is stuff that's already in hand, mostly.

I'd advise you to buy online where possible. Much as I'd love to support this line at retail you're a mug if you're spending an extra £3 per figure.

My mind is still stuck on Classics pricing.
    Anything that's less than £55 per figure still looks cheap to me!

Heroic Warrior
    My mind is still stuck on Classics pricing.
    Anything that's less than £55 per figure still looks cheap to me!
    It's the gouging on already existing or already paid for product that bugs me, that's just ripping people off.

I've just paid the balance for the Wave 1 Masterverse figures at Comics and Cocktails.
    Nothing on Skelegod or Battle Cat, but four basic figures should soon be on their way.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Yeah paid my invoice too, glad they're finally coming.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

It's a good day for Masterverse.

I had a shipping notice from Comics and Cocktails for wave one of the basic figures *and* a shipping notification from Mattel Creations for Scareglow.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I've had a day now to play with Masterverse wave one.

They do have better articulation than Classics for the most part, but it's far from perfect. I don't like the torso cut - especially on He-Man where it's most obvious. And there is something screwy going on with the hip articulation. It looks as though there's a drop-down joint as there is on GI Joe Classified figures, but it's so tight on all four figures that I'm scared of breaking it. Plus once the legs are moved, re-aligning them is a big pain. And, we have yet another He-Man toy range where (despite all the articulation in other places) He-Man still can't hold the power sword stright up in the air!

They're definitely lacking something compared to MOTUC. They just don't have the presence on the shelf.
    Maybe it's the fewer paint apps, or the lack of heft to them.

I stripped He-Man to his undies and stood him on the shelf next to Oo-lar.
    The quality is night and day. Classics really was something very special.

But I don't want to be too negative. Classics was hardly faultless.
    I do like the way Evil Lyn has a bit more bulk to her. Female figures look like stick insects in too many modern lines, glad to see that isn't the case here.
    Moss Man is a really great figure. Definitely my favourite of the four.
    He-Man and Skeletor are just the price of admission on the way to more interesting characters.

Final Point: I actually think these fit in fine size-wise with Classics. He-Man's a little big, but not significantly so. Put him in the back row and he adds a bit of much needed height-diversity to the shelf. The others all fit in fine. I'm not going to have a problem buying Masterverse and fitting them in around the Classics figures. Now I just need Mattel to move on from Revelations and make with the New Adventures figures.

Wow got my set of wave 1 yesterday and these are pretty good! I am pleasantly surprised at how solid these are. I don't care that much for the odd proportions but as a different style, it works.

I love the added articulation and the joints are nice and tight. Evil-Lyn is the standout for me but honestly the other 3 are all solid, even He-Man's face sculpt looks better in person. Just don't like the tangerine skin colour.

Skeletor kinda reminds of me of a 90's Disney figure.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Just don't like the tangerine skin colour.
    Yeah, the colour was first thing I noticed on He-Man.
    Bit of an odd choice. He just looks terribly unwell.

Just a heads up for any Yorkshire-based collectors, don't know if this is any use or not (I don't collect Origins), but I was in Treasures Toys (Toymaster) in Wetherby this morning, and they had a couple of Origins figures - He-Man, Skeletor, Tri-Klops, an LOP Mer-Man, a 200X-looking Evil-Lyn, and a few Battle Cats.

They also had a box of Eternia Minis.
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Has anyone out there had any tracking or shipping confirmations for the Mattel Creations Scareglow?

I had an email on 31st August that said "Your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status."
    But if I look at the order on Mattel Creations website, all it says is "We’ve accepted your order, and we’re getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your shipment status."

Does anyone's order say anything different?

I received my Scare Glow today, a really nice figure! Fantastic little set, really liking the light effect in the box and posable cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I received my Scare Glow today, a really nice figure! Fantastic little set, really liking the light effect in the box and posable cape.
    Did you get any futher tracking and shipping notifications for him?

Heroic Warrior
    Did you get any futher tracking and shipping notifications for him?
    Mine arrived today, got a shipping email and that was it. Royal Mail delivered it.

Masterverse Wave 2 are now in Smyths UK.
    I got Man-At-Arms, Beastman and Spikor. They had Teela but Ididn't get that figure as I prefer the version shown at Power-Con.
    Also got Evil-Lyn from Wave 1.