37 34.91%
  • 200x playset Castle Grayskull

0 0%
  • Mix from both cartoon versions

29 27.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How should the 4horsemen approach Castle Grayskull

How should the 4horsemen approach Castle Grayskull

How should the 4horsemen approach Castle Grayskull if it ever will be made?
    Should it be like the good ol' 80's cartoon version or the MYP cartoon version? Or should it be like the actual playsets? What's your most desired Castle Grayskull and why?
    Last edited by kk2; April 2, 2009 at 03:48pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd prefer the prototype Castle Grayskull. That option wasn't given in the poll.

The Filmation version can't be made, for legal reasons.
    ne jabba no badda!

Heroic Warrior

Castle grayskull box art

I voted the 80ies cartoon version because that one is the closesed to the 80ies box art version which is for me the only one that does the mythos justice...

r.

Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    Should it be like the good ol' 80's cartoon version or the MYP cartoon version? Or should it be like the actual playsets? What's your most desired Castle Grayskull and why?

80's Filmation Grayskull.. But that's not possible.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Exterior of the 80's cartoon Grayskull. Basically, make it like the original boxart.
    Interior of the 80's toy Grayskull.
    Additional castle side from the 200X toy Grayskull.

I gotta check out my 200X Grayskull to see it's features. I've never opened mine.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    Well for my money I would like to see the classic toy with those amazing dark and rich colours being the main influance, but using the mouth design (not the skull) from the 2k castle. The 80's box art pretty much nails what I would like to see!

Something like the Castle Grayskull from SDCC 2008 would also be cool, but I don't like the asymetrical design of the upper teeth with that version of Grayskull!
    Last edited by Angel-T; April 2, 2009 at 04:10pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Filmation's Grayskull has always been the best Grayskull.
    So I voted for that one but we all know that ain't gonna happen.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation was the best looking castle. however if they did one like the the original Box art.... that would be even better!

200x always looked to.... clean. Even the non-white painted version didn't really capture the spooky abandoned old castle in the woods that is (to me at least) Castle Grayskull!

Oh yeah totaly forgot about the filmation one isn't possible. Well I can't change the poll anymore. Let's pretend first choice is the 80's playset box art. Maybe a moderator can change the option!
    My choice would also be the 80's box art one. That's really a great version.
    I really liked the interior of the 200x cartoon castle, since it looks more like a castle than a cave. In my fantasy Castle Grayskull's interior is a mix of the 80's cartoon and the 200x cartoon.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    80's box art all the way, that image made my imagination go into overdrive back in 83', and I still get a warm cozy feeling when i think of it!
    The 200X CG was awful. there was no mystery no 'Power' in that Manga tinged sculpt and Paint app.
    Cheers AJ

Quote Originally Posted by joe-or View Post
    I'd prefer the prototype Castle Grayskull. That option wasn't given in the poll.
    same here.

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Pretty much the boxart with the horsemen flair. I think that the worry shouldn't be what the horsemen deign it should more so be what mattel approves, but so far (aside from the bios and "real names") mattel has been really great in what they green light for classics.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

80's cartoon Castle Grayskull all the way!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I really doubt this will ever happen.

but if it does, then the most obvious way would be an amalgamation, with heavy 80s influences.

take what's good from both versions (that sword chamber is cool!), and merge them into a single design.

though I really doubt this will happen at all. And the most economical way would be a simple retool of the 200X one (I don't know if Mattel even has the original tooling for the 80s one anymore, but I doubt it) to look more like the 80s version.

but, I'd love to be proven wrong, and see this happen, it'll probably be too expensive for me, though.

Like the 80s toy playset, only bigger and better. I'd really like to see the Four Horsemen's take on it (which is something we did not get to see with the 200x line).

Heroic Warrior
    the 4HM didn't sculpt the 200X Castle Grayskull?

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    the 4HM didn't sculpt the 200X Castle Grayskull?
    Nope. Like the vehicles it was sculpted by Mattel's in-house design team. The Four Horsemen said that if they'd done it, it would definitely have been a lot bigger.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    80's cartoon Castle Grayskull.

Original 80's box art. Spooky. Scary. Perfect.

Sign me up!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

I chose 80's playset, I wish there was a choice to combine 200X playset with 198X playset. I'd like a Grayskull that looks like 80s playset with some features of 200X. It'd be pretty much 80's playset with the additon of 200x laser cannon, & sword ''closet''(moved over so grayskull has its 2 front windows). Size wise I'd want it like the original just scaled up a bit for MOTUC.
    Teela the Warrior Goddess is my homegirl.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Did someone noticed that 200x is not a very beloved version?
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

If this happens-- a gargantuan IF-- I'd prefer it to be based on the classic toy, incorporating elements from the painted box art.

Now that we have a He-Man figure that can pose holding his sword aloft, saying: "by the Power of Grayskull!!" (when I play with it, of course ), I'd love to have the closest CG to the Filmation's design

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    i would love a Castle Grayskull thats a little bigger then the 80s and the 200x . i want he-man on battle cat to pass under the jawbridge with ease

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    I'm pretty much the same as others - I'd like a vintage-style Grayskull, maybe slightly bigger.

The 200x one was a real disappointment. It looked so flat and boring compared to the original.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...