116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I loved those things.

52 44.83%
  • No, I didn't like them and it'll just drive up costs

31 26.72%
  • Either way is fine with me.

33 28.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC: Should Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw come with Warrior Rings?

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar

MOTUC: Should Tri-Klops and Trap Jaw come with Warrior Rings?

I will always remember the day I got Tri-Klops. My mom use to go to a doctor that was out of town and this town had a TRU. (Something my little town didn't have at the time and still doesn't) and that is where I got my Tri-Klops, but the thrill of going to one bug huge toy store isn't what made that stick in my mind. It was when I opened him up and out fell the glow in the dark Warrior Ring. I don't know why this thing made such a impact on me, but I almost liked it more then brand new figure I got. I wore it for a long time after that. Making sure to cover it up with my other hand to watch it glow from time to time. I still have my childhood Tri-Klops, but the ring has passed into some unknown dimension somtime between Regan and Bush Sr never to return.

I think it would be really cool if those two figures came with that little plastic glow in the dark ring again.
    Last edited by Fisto's Left Hand; January 30, 2009 at 02:00am.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Heroic Warrior
    You know, I forgot all about those until you posted this. And then it all suddenly came flooding back to me, including memories of me wondering back in the day while other figures after them didn't get the ring treatment.

But anyway, yeah, they'd be nice to see these made for classics, if only for nostalgia's sake, but honestly I won't be too devastated personally if they choose not to do so.

yep i would love a new glow in the dark warroir ring
    New adventure wanted
    quakke / icarius / disk of doom skeletor / kayo / tuskador / artilla / staghornbattle blade skeletor/ thunderpunch he man / to tall hoove/ missle armour flipshot, spin fist hydron, staghorn
    mini boglins, moc Ghostbusters, moc Turtles, Transformers and M.A.S.K wanted

I'd love to see them again.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

They don't really add anything for me... As this is not a rehash of the 80's line I see no reason to include them since they have nothing to do with the actual figure. Besides if they don't do the rings they save costs so they can do stuff that actually is important to a specific character.

That being said, I don't care if they are included or not.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

My sentiments exactly! Thank you!

Heroic Warrior
    I voted no for the following reasons.

1) these kinds of things never fit me. Even the one size fits all are either still too tight or get loose and fall off

2) The characters don't really have a reason to have rings. I mean like Green Lantern or Sinestro that's an AWESOME add in, but neither of the characters use rings, or a part of some secret club or anything.... I don't know why they exist....

3) That extra plastic can go to better use with these characters. Give Triclops a spy-bot or an extra head. Make Trap-jaws weapons more impressive, or give him a couple of extra.

If the question was should Randor or beastman come with a ring.... that would be different, Its just these two have much cooler accessories that would make more sense

It's called the MOTU Classics line and considering that most of the Tri-Klops and Trap Jaws came with them. Heck Yeah, they should come with them. It's the Classics line......remember.
    Warpigs Feedback Thread Selling/Buying/Trading
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=173127

\m/(^_^)\m/

I voted YES! Or perhaps Matty could offer rings as a bonus sometime, maybe the subscription? But they have to fit adults this time!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    If they were smart they would sell a figure packaged with the ring and one without so they can double dip us.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    They don't really add anything for me... As this is not a rehash of the 80's line I see no reason to include them since they have nothing to do with the actual figure. Besides if they don't do the rings they save costs so they can do stuff that actually is important to a specific character.

That being said, I don't care if they are included or not.
    So I'd guess you vote no on mini comics as these arent rehashes.

Motu bling bling, heck yeah count me in !

Did the comemorative trapjaw and tri-klops come with the rings?
    Last edited by Vorgon; February 1, 2009 at 11:04pm.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post

Motu bling bling, heck yeah count me in !

Did the comemorative trapjaw and tri-klops come with the rings?
    No....
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorgon View Post
    There is absolutely no comparison... As I stated the rings don't add anything to the figure itself. Minicomics do. Especially since we have no cartoon or ongoing comics. They help set the world of Eternia and they add depth to a character.
    Even if it is not a rehash I would be all for minis. However, I wouldn't want the inclusion of mini comics be at the expence of newly sculpt parts.
    Also if they did mini comics I wouldn't want them to be carbon copies of the 80's line. The later mini comics like the Search for Keldor or the Power of Grayskull allready had a better way of storytelling though. But I want them to be even more epic.
    Last edited by Neo; February 2, 2009 at 04:42pm.

There is absolutely no comparison... As I stated the rings don't add anything to the figure itself. Minicomics do. Especially since we have no cartoon or ongoing comics. They help set the world of Eternia and they add depth to a character.
    Even if it is not a rehash I would be all for minis. However, I wouldn't want the inclusion of mini comics be at the expence of newly sculpt parts.
    Also if they did mini comics I wouldn't want them to be carbon copies of the 80's line. The later mini comics like the Search for Keldor or the Power of Grayskull allready had a better way of storytelling though. But I want them to be even more epic.
    I see your point I never thought about becuase of no cartoon or comics.The rings were so much fun though,not to make anyone jealous but mine was magical.

I would like to see the glow-ring again. I'm not even sure that I have my original ones anymore.

Movie mayhem!
    They don't really add anything for me... As this is not a rehash of the 80's line I see no reason to include them since they have nothing to do with the actual figure.
    ......Its not???
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    it doesn't matter to me either way. i think i lost those rings long ago, along with the magic trick Orko came with. I guess anything extra is a good thing. Minicomics would be better though, once they get more figures made though. I don't want them doing horde/ snakemen minicomics & then have the line end before we get the figures...maybe once they have 25 or so figures made, then they can re-release retired figures with minicomics included.

If they have the extra dollars to make the rings, then fine. otherwise it should go toward tooling parts for new figures/ weapons, etc. Personally I'd rather just have the figures & their weapons than some (imo) useless piece that'll just get lost.

Still, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing those glow in the dark rings return, if they saw fit to do it. they'd never fit me anyway though. I suppose I could always pretend they're some artifact that skeletor has aquired to try to take over Eternia...
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    ......Its not???
    What? You mean a rehash? No it isn't...

I wouldn't mind getting these. Mind you, if it was a choice of one of them or a doomseeker, I think I'd take a doomseeker
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Um… YES the rings should be included!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

What? You mean a rehash? No it isn't...
    Correct. It isn't..

When it would come down to:
    Ring vs Clear doomseeker stand -> the stand please
    Ring vs Swordsman head -> Swordsman head please
    Ring vs Cool sticker -> Cool sticker please No, then I'll take the ring..

Basically I would prefer anything plastic and tooled that I can display the character with over the ring.

I am hoping for a swordsman head.. but I guess the change of getting that is pretty slim..
    Last edited by Eterniandreams; February 14, 2009 at 07:41am.
    Johan Eggink aka Eterniandreams

[email protected]

I am happy either way. I never owned Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw or warrior ring, I really didn't know what the warrior ring is before this thread.

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    How about offering a diamond studded, platinum and gold version of the warrior ring separately complete with a nice little fuzzy ring box that plays the MOTU theme song when you open it!

Glow in the Dark Warrior Ring. Who wants one in either Tri-Klops or TrapJaw?

Well there is much speculation that Tri-Klops' secret weapon can ion fact be the Glow in the Dark Warrior Ring. And I for one would be one happy camper. I thin it is a great way to pay homage to the original line. It will not really do anything for me but reminise. Any ways if the Ring does not appear in the Tri-Klops package, can we get in it with Trap Jaw. Being that the ring did come with both back in the 80's.
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Would be really cool if they would include a ring with them. REALLY cool.