View Poll Results: Will you buy He-Ro?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutly, I plan On collecting every figure.

112 78.87%
  • Maybe, but its not a priority.

18 12.68%
  • No, I have no interest in 'Concept' figures.

11 7.75%
  • Who?

1 0.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will you buy He-Ro?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

Will you buy He-Ro?

Hi, with the announcement of He-ro, I was wondering how many collectors were going to get him? I personally wont, because I dont know anything about the character and want to focus on actual 'Classics'.
    How does everyone else feel?

I am not sure what to think of this... think they should have saved this kind of character for the end. I am not sure whether I would buy him or not... I suppose I might buy him but I would care too much if I miss him either.

If I miss out on He-ro I won't be sick to my stomach like I was when Faker sold out. Yeah I bought Faker that night on eBay but I won't be doing the same for He-ro. Now I would like to own He-ro just to have a complete collection. But, if Man-at-arms and He-ro go on sale at the same time on Matty.com my first order will be MAA!!!!

Yeah... In addition to considering him to be an important part of MOTU's history, I just like his overall flashy getup and accessories. He's the Lady GaGa of MOTU with his disco staff stick. hehe

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely I plan on buying He-Ro! He's the first new MotU character in 20 years!! And as Tallstar the wise said…he's an important part of MotU's history and yeah he's certainly in first place as far as his costume and accessories go! LOL
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

2 for me!

Heroic Warrior
    Absolutely... but I don't plan on buying "every" figure.
    ne jabba no badda!

I was hoping this was an April Fool's announcement. This will be my first "pass". I'm excited for July's main fig though.
    Good Dealings with:
    IceWolf_Zodach_Burtdawg_Rickor_Venom77713
    Teelagirl_CringerMyBestFriend_Phishpheeder
    Dukenny_Hoosfn_Air23cnhit_Oiltool12_2ManyToyz
    RedBaron_Bandeler0_Motufanatic_AngryOriental
    JayLay_jcb1973_JeMaBo2_Taichi_Orko$1.99
    Toyhalf_robb_slgcmg_Rhea_AGE_Gofigure_Degra_
    Bigass_buzz_bodine1231_Saved_hordeall_figuremaker_
    Cbomb23

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Absolutely I plan on buying He-Ro! He's the first new MotU character in 20 years!! And as Tallstar the wise said…he's an important part of MotU's history and yeah he's certainly in first place as far as his costume and accessories go! LOL
    Second. The first was King Grayskull.

And I agree that He-Ro is a vintage character. He even appeared in a mini-comic. He would have had a figure out if the line didn't fail in 1988.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Yes. I'm not sure if I plan on collecting every figure, though.

HE'S MINE!!!

*coughs* Er, I mean, yes. I will in fact be buying one.
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Darn Tootin' I will!

Heroic Warrior
    He-Ro is not a 'concept' figure, he's as much a part of the mythos as any vintage character.

just because he didn't have a vintage figure doesn't mean he's not a Master.

Quote Originally Posted by joe-or View Post
    Absolutely... but I don't plan on buying "every" figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Yes. I'm not sure if I plan on collecting every figure, though.
    I plan to get him, and will definitely do my best to be online at noon the day he goes on sale, but I don't necessarily plan on buying every figure.

I plan on getting him. Only one of two ways though..as I will not resort to overprised ebay prices.

1) If someone can pick one up from SDCC for me
    2) If Mattel up production so I can purchase one or two off the site when I get home from work around 7pm. If they don't up the production of him from Fakers numbers then I will most likely miss out-unless someone can pick me up one or two when they place thier order.

Those will be the onlt two ways I will be able to get this figure-which I REALLY REALLY want.
    " I have the POWER!!!!!"
    Need:

Batman with the Batsignal from 4H line

Sucessful transactions with: Royalt1us, Jag2045, Zodach, WENDIGO, Burtdawg, Illicitjedi, KingHiss

Heroic Warrior
    For sure I'd buy him, but only if I will have the possibility: I live in EU and I don't think to attend at the con, so my only hope will be the small window time in which he will be available on matty (or spend a lot on Ebay).

Heroic Warrior
    i voted no, but not cuz i don't like "concept" figures (cuz i don't know what that means)... i'm just not into the character. he looks great though!

Chris here...

I'm not really sure what button to hit to cast my vote - if he's affordable I'll definitely get him (I adore the look of the figure and his place in the MOTU mythos! ), but if he's like $60 + $10 international shipping from MattyCollector (as, living in the UK, that or eBay are the only means I'd be able to get him), I'd have to see how I was fixed financially, that for me would be one month's entire spending money!

Take care...
    Part of the "Kidult" craze long before it was a thing! : )

I'd really like to get him, and it's my plan to do so, I just hope it's affordable. I managed to get Grayskull (both versions) last year for a good price (about £75-80 for the pair) so if it's the same then sure.

"Absolutly, I plan On collecting every figure." I'll be getting him, if he won't sold out in the blink of an eye.

- Joni -

I will buy He-Ro because I collect them all, and the figure looks really nice. Getting a figure that has never been done before is also really awesome!

I dont plan on collecting every figure but i will try my very best to get this one

to set the record straight

OK, now I'm getting scolded for being negative about He-Ro. Let it be known that I was in jest when I poke fun at his clothes or staff (Street Lamp) or cape. One of the advantages of getting to fly for free is that I can get to all of these conventions or at least send the wife if I'm busy. I plan on buying several of the He-Ro's and perhaps a few of the left over Skeletors and He-Man's as well. So for all of those who can't make it to the Con and miss out on matty, don't fret I'll be there for you. I am truly sorry if I upset anyone, I'm only joking when I poke fun at these characters. They are BY FAR the best looking Action figure line on the planet and I plan on collecting them all and selling their offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    I dont plan on collecting every figure but i will try my very best to get this one
    what Kinghssss said

Yes, I will be buying him!!!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes