Thread: The illustration of He-Man kissing Bow

The illustration of He-Man kissing Bow

I know that Emiliano drew the picture of He-Man kissing Bow, but who coloured it? That image is amazing.

For the record, I don't support the idea of He-Man being gay, in fact I believe it is his destiny to be with Teela, but the illustration is simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I know that Emiliano drew the picture of He-Man kissing Bow, but who coloured it? That image is amazing.
    Enza Fontana drew it, not me.
    I don't think I've ever seen it coloured though.

For the record, I don't support the idea of He-Man being gay, in fact I believe it is his destiny to be with Teela, but the illustration is simply amazing.
    Well, it's just a private requested commission, not something part of a story or anything
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Support The Power and The Honor Foundation.

He-Man historian
    Quick search will show atleast this coloured version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_Andersen View Post

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Well, it's just a private requested commission, not something part o a story or anything
    Exactly.
    Private commissions are just that: what the person wants.
    They aren't indicative of any story direction that was in the works.

Someone could have had requested a commission of Skeletor wearing a tutu and riding a skateboard.
    It wouldn't have meant that was official canon.

As Jukka linked to, it was colored by a fan for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Someone could have had requested a commission of Skeletor wearing a tutu and riding a skateboard.
    You stole my idea!

I still think this is one of the coolest images to come out of the 2002 MOTU reboot, commissioned or not

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I still think this is one of the coolest images to come out of the 2002 MOTU reboot, commissioned or not
    Agreed And after seeing this- am even more convinced that much of He-Ro's sculpt can be used again for Bo in the new line. But yes, an awesome picture!

Wow. Really interesting commission. I have to say it's unlike anything I've ever seen. I had no knowledge of this piece. I didn't know Enza did commissions. Really? How does one go about setting that up?

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Wow. Really interesting commission. I have to say it's unlike anything I've ever seen. I had no knowledge of this piece. I didn't know Enza did commissions. Really? How does one go about setting that up?
    Emiliano and Enza went about making a thread in the marketplace, if memory serves me, couple times during the comics run, indicating their free timetable for commission-work.
    People would then contact them and manage all the details in acquiring a commission-piece.

I'm hoping there will be more of these instances in the future. With Emiliano or Enza going solo, or at the same time.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

yeah, this was one of the motavations for me becoming a grayskull warrior, hoping that in the future when Emilliano has time available to do commissions I hopefully will have a chance of being selected. But the poor guy is swamped at the moment with setting up the new website as well as other professional jobs I am sure.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Hm. I've seen Emiliano's old commission thread but I didn't know Enza ever had one, I didn't even know she hung around the boards (call me clueless)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Hm. I've seen Emiliano's old commission thread but I didn't know Enza ever had one, I didn't even know she hung around the boards (call me clueless)
    She didn't. But at that time we were working in the studio together, and my thread was for both of us
    [COLOR="Red"][B]Support The Power and The Honor Foundation.

Here are two more colored versions of Enza's commision I found in archived threads!

Last edited by Angel-T; May 3, 2009 at 07:37pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    Here is two more colored versions of Enza's commision I found in old threads!
    Wow, I love the colors and styling of color in that first of two. One of my favorite types of illustrative art.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by River View Post
    Agreed And after seeing this- am even more convinced that much of He-Ro's sculpt can be used again for Bo in the new line. But yes, an awesome picture!
    This is my favourite comment. We all see something different in art....

I love this picture. I think it's rather amazing, in that it doesn't seem to have drawn any harsh criticism, and it's ROMANTIC as opposed to hyper-sexual...

so much imagery of male/male love is either hyper-sexualized or comic... and in this case, Enza drew something romantic and sweet. I think it's wonderful.
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

I LOVE THIS PICTURE, TOO!

I agree that He-Man is destined to be with Teela, but...what's wrong with having a little "pre-destiny" fun?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSummers View Post

I agree that He-Man is destined to be with Teela, but...what's wrong with having a little "pre-destiny" fun?
    "Pre Destiny fun." I don't know why but I like the way that's worded.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSummers View Post

While this is well drawn, a nod to the great talents we have around here, I just...

But, as a commission, hey, whatever floats your boat, I suppose, right? For my money, I'd rather have Skeletor on a skateboard!
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Wow! That art is amazing!

Court Magician

Great pic!

Being gay, I'm amazed there are so many fans of such a picture! I LOVE THIS PICTURE! It's my DESKTOP!

My boyfriend and I feel that heman.org and MOTU fans have the largest gay community of all cult followings so that's one of the reasons why we LOVE MOTU! We're free not to be judged here!

THANKS FOR THIS PICTURE! I have to send it to my boyfriend!

My boyfriend and I have this idea that He-Man definitely has to be gay...with the short loin clothe, long hair....he is DEFINITELY gay and thats a compliment for the character! Hey EVERYONE in the MOTU universe is wearing those short skimpy loin clothes so I wouldn't be shocked if the creators added this personal "preference" to their style!

I don't think He-Man.org has any more gay fans than any other community for any other 80s cartoon and/or toy.
    It's just that more gay fans feel comfortable being who they are here because they know they aren't going to be attacked for being who they are.

Also, I'm gonna close this down just to be safe.
    A kiss is a kiss. But based on some of the recent posts, this thread is teetering on the boundary of becoming a discussion about sexuality, or sex. It already has some of those earmarks.
    That type of discussion is Tar Swamp material.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2023, America's Mightiest Toy Convention!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP project for over 20 years.