Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2009/2010 MOTUC Subscription Service Discussion

Official 2009/2010 MOTUC Subscription Service Discussion

This is the thread for any questions and concerns over the MOTUC Subscription Service

Below are some of the most common questions encountered today

Q. What is the MOTUC Subscription Plan?

A. The MOTUC Subscription Plan is a subscription service which guarantees all four of the monthly MOTU figures being released through the fall of 2009. The first figure in this plan is September 15th 2009/Webstor. The remaining figures will be revealed at a later date.

Q. What do I get in the subscription plan?

A. With every subscription you get ONE of each figure, in the intial plan you will get Sept-Dec figures (1 of each).

Q: I need to change my credit card info, address, shipping option, how can I do so?
    A: For customer updates related to subscriptions, the instructions above on changing your address and credit card are supposed to work, but thus far rarely does for various reasons. We highly recommend if you need to change your shipping address or credit card for your subscription order, please contact customer service directly at (877) GO-MATTY. You can email Digital River at mattycollector.cs@digitalriver.com or csvendor@digitalriver.com as well.

For changing your credit card info and address in general see the instructions above.

Q: I am confused as to how the subscription plan works, every month it changes, how does it work?
    A: This is a constantly changing situation with Digital River. The following steps are how it "should" be working:

1. Subscription is purchased
    2. The 1st month your figure ships under that invoice and the order is marked as complete
    3. The next month the new figure is given a new invoice and the subscription is "renewed" using the address & credit card marked as default.
    4. The cycle repeats every month until the subscription is over
    What has been happening is people are being forced to use the credit card they purchased the subscription with and having the toys shipped to that original address. This is not how it should work and you should call or email Digital River and discuss subscription changes with them directly.

Q: What is the benefit of having a subscription vs buying on normally?

A: For 2010 you will receive a Map of Eternia and a exclusive Wun-Dar action figure, these items will NOT be available for puchase elsewhere and will not be re-issued. In addition the subscription figures should ship earlier than standard orders, problems with distribution hampered the 2009 subscription, so please keep this in mind if you have a 2010 subscription.

Q. Does the subscription itself cost money?

A. No, the subscription itself is just a contract that you agree to purchase every figure in the specified time frame. It does not cost anything outside the costs of the figures and shipping.

Q. So what should I enter in the QTY line?

A. Subscription QTY is for a set of 4 figures, it is not how many individual figures you want. Meaning if you want 1 set of the 4 figures you would buy ONE subscription (NOT four).

Q. What about the figures for 2010?

A. The 2010 line of MOTUC will be available for subscription in August 2009, the program (as of now) will follow the same requirements and setup as the current subscription plan except it will be for 12 figures instead of 4. Look to He-Man.org, MattyCollector.com, and Matty on Facebook for future updates and details.

Q. Does the subscription plan include beasts (like Battle Cat) or special figures (like He-Ro, Faker, convention exclusives)?

A. No the subscription is ONLY good for the figure of the month, beasts and special figures will go up for sale on Matty Collector at later dates. Toyguru has stated that this is because these may change in price, release date, or may be repaints or rereleased and not all fans will want every re release etc.

Q. What is the difference between MONTHLY and END-OF-YEAR Shipping Options?

A. For those selecting monthly you will receive the Figure-of-the-Month at current prices ($20 each plus shipping and any applicable taxes/fees) beginning in September, if you selected End of Year you will get all 4 figures in/around December 15th in one bulk shipment ($80 plus shipping and any applicable taxes/fees).

Q. I want more than 1 of each figure every month, what do I do?

A. Every subscription is for a set of 4, no alternative and no swapping is allowed. Meaning if you want duplicates (or more) you must buy an additional subscription set of 4. Example, 2 subscriptions will net you a total of 8 figures, 2 of each month.

Q. If I order a subscription and only want extras of certain figures what should I do?

A. Subscriptions are only intended for those who want to guarantee they receive the figures that are released. Mattel has stated that anybody with a subscription is welcome to come on the 15th of each month and purchase additional figures. Other figures purchased outside the subscription (JLU, additional MOTU, etc.) will be charged and shipped separately.

Q. Where is the USPS Shipping Option?

A. As of the sale of Zodak on May 15th 2009 it appears Mattel has stopped using the US Postal Service for shipping. That may change, but always remember to look at the shipping options available to you. UPS provides tracking with their packages as well as 3 affordable options (Overnight, 2 Day, Ground).

Q. What does auto-renewal mean?

A. The MOTUC Subscription is a contract, you must agree to the auto-renewal option to allow Mattel to charge your credit card on a monthly basis. The contract states it is only for 4 charges, this is NOT (at this time) an automatic renewal of for the upcoming 2010 line which will go up for subscription in August.

Q. I just got charged for my order, what gives this is a preorder?

A. Mattel is authorizing the 1st month in order to validate your credit card. Many other companies do this for subscription services and it is not uncommon. Nobody is being "charged" at the time of signup.

The authorization is only temporary and should removed after a few business days, if that changes we will update so Orgers know for future subscriptions. Toyguru explains below

Q. I got a Payment Authorization Failed message, what does that mean?

A. Mattel is attempting to authorize your account, if you are getting the "Payment Authorization Failed" message, chances are you do not have the amount for the total of the 1st month.

There is also another culprit, Firefox users have reported receiving this error and instead have opted for using Apple's Safari or Microsoft's Internet Explorer browsers with success.

Q. I picked the wrong subscription when I checked out, is there anyway to change it?

A. Mattel states that once a subscription is purchased it cannot be canceled or changed. Please read everything carefully and double check everything you have selected before submitting your purchase. You can always try calling customer service but they will most likely refer you to the conditions you agreed to at time of order and deny your change request.

Q. I have a problem with my order how can I contact Matty Collector?

A. You can reach Customer Service over the phone 1-877-GO-MATTY, see the Official MattyCollector General Help & Information Thread for more detailed information.

If there are any questions or something on the site was not clear please post about it, its is likely that you are not the only one confused and if we can find an answer and post it here that will only help others.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Where was this before?!?

This would have been most helpful during my "confused state"!

But it did answer my theory that the charge is only for verification purposes only and not yet the ACTUAL charge that will be in Sept!

Thanks much!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Thank you for the information!!! Not to belittle anyone, but I thought the information on Matty for the subscription service was pretty self explanatory. Thanks for clearing this up for others...
    My post count just got bigger.

Well I got my conformation email, but will be very angry if it messes with my Zodac order. I now have 2 authorizations for $48.95 but only have $50 US on my card. My credit card company says that the authorization will be taken off after 30 days, if they don`t add the charge, which they better not!!

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Well I got my conformation email, but will be very angry if it messes with my Zodac order. I now have 2 authorizations for $48.95 but only have $50 US on my card. My credit card company says that the authorization will be taken off after 30 days, if they don`t add the charge, which they better not!!
    Wow that is a long time, most authorizations fall off after 2-3 business days

I would assume authorizations will be killed once Matty processes your subscription (thus validating your card and not needing the hold anymore).

I know when I worked in hotel management we could have a hold removed at any time by calling the cc processor and requesting the hold be dropped.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    okay so i just signed up for the monthly subscription...when asked the quantity I put three...does this mean I get one of each of the four figures or 3 of each of the four figures??? for some reason I'm thinking it is jus the first three and I'm gonna lose out on the last one and be short 2 figures for the previous 3 months...can someone help me with this?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Wow that is a long time, most authorizations fall off after 2-3 business days

I would assume authorizations will be killed once Matty processes your subscription (thus validating your card and not needing the hold anymore).

I know when I worked in hotel management we could have a hold removed at any time by calling the cc processor and requesting the hold be dropped.
    I hope they remove it after a few days, I don`t need 2 charges going through and one getting cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    okay so i just signed up for the monthly subscription...when asked the quantity I put three...does this mean I get one of each of the four figures or 3 of each of the four figures??? for some reason I'm thinking it is jus the first three and I'm gonna lose out on the last one and be short 2 figures for the previous 3 months...can someone help me with this?
    3 is the quantity of each figure so you`ll get 3 of each figure for 4 months

okay so i just signed up for the monthly subscription...when asked the quantity I put three...does this mean I get one of each of the four figures or 3 of each of the four figures??? for some reason

I'm thinking it is jus the first three and I'm gonna lose out on the last one and be short 2 figures for the previous 3 months...can someone help me with this?
    It means you are going to get 12 figures, you signed up for 3 subscriptions and each subscription is for the Sept-Dec figure releases (3 Sept, etc).

I cleared up the explanation in the first post as to make the point clearer that each subscription is for 4 figures (1 of each months releases)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I hope they remove it after a few days, I don`t need 2 charges going through and one getting cancelled

3 is the quantity of each figure so you`ll get 3 of each figure for 4 months
    This is what I'm hoping is the case...but I'm confused why they mention having multiple subscriptions

This is what I'm hoping is the case...but I'm confused why they mention having multiple subscriptions
    because it`s the Mattel way!!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    It means you are going to get 12 figures, you signed up for 3 subscriptions and each subscription is for the Sept-Dec figure releases.

I cleared up the explanation in the first post as to make the point clearer that each subscription is for 4 figures (1 of each months releases)
    Okay thanks...i was still confused after i read it.....I thought that when they said sign up for multiple subscriptions you would have to put all your info in multiple times...thanks again from a stupid orger

What everyone is seeing on their card today is just an authorization. If you selected the "monthly" option your card will be charged in Sept, again in Oct, and so on. If you choose "ship at end" option, you will be charged once in Dec. No one was charged today.

Also, 1 subscription will get you 4 figures. The Sept figure Webstor, the Oct figure, the Nov figure and the Dec figure. (and Teela will be one of these). If you want more than 1 of each figure you can buy a second subscription (and so on) or you can come on the day of a sale and buy another while they last.

And the reason convention and bonus figures are not part of this is because these may change in price, release date, or may be repaints or rereleased and we know not all fans will want every rerelease etc... The subscription will cover the 12 brand new characters released once per month!

TG

TG
    Last edited by Toyguru; May 18, 2009 at 09:23pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    What everyone is seeing on their card today is just an authorization. If you selected the "monthly" option your card will be charged in Sept, again in Oct, and so on. If you choose "ship at end" option, you will be charged once in Dec. No one was charged today.

TG
    Hey look at that.

Now i can go put my subscription in, worry free. lol

Thanks man.

Hey toyguru...

is there some kind of order processing line?

( as in, the first to subscribe get processed first, and so forth? Im only asking cause i get my money on the 20th, and im wondering if theres a difference between ordering now and on wednesday, the 20th... ??? )
    Last edited by Master Eternian; May 18, 2009 at 09:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My Feedback Thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164164

Positive transactions with these guys:

Kevenn, Ryzor, Dino_Ranger_White, Ledjam

Well, I am very happy that this is one less thing I have to "worry" about each month collecting something I like. If I decide I want a 2nd figure (because they may have a second head or something) I'll just have to brave the internet and order a second one manually.

Considering that Zodac has lasted a while, I hope they figured out the numbers so that "extra" figures that have to be manually ordered in addition to the subscription, are fairly easy to order instead of the mad rush the last few figures have been (Mer-man especially)

Thanks for the reply Toyguru, just placed an order for three
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

I placed my single subscription order successfully! I'm excited! Thanks ToyGuru! I'll see you (and Battle Cat!) at SDCC!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Rider of the Night MyBroGotAllMyFigs's Avatar
    That's what I thought. But now we're sure. Thanks for clearing it up.

Also, 1 subscription will get you 4 figures. The Sept figure Webstor, the Oct figure, the Nov figure and the Dec figure. (and Teela will be one of these).
    Yee haw on Teela. Not that I wasn't expecting her or anything, but nice to see her definitely confirmed for this year.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Is there a way to fix the shipping option?

Quote Originally Posted by SkeleChris View Post
    Is there a way to fix the shipping option?
    What is wrong with it? When I ordered the site was going up and down so and my default is Ground anyway

A question for Toyguru:
    Can someone update their shipping/billing addresses after he or she started their subscription?

I know it was clarified that people can update their credit card information through out the subscription period, but some fans are still wondering if they still can update their other info as well?

A clarification on this issue would be much appreciated, thank you.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Thank you for the information!!! Not to belittle anyone, but I thought the information on Matty for the subscription service was pretty self explanatory. Thanks for clearing this up for others...
    I agree. I think a lot of people were making it more complicated than it is. But this should do the job in clearing up any confusion and will ultimately relieve a lot of stress for the fans. So I'm very grateful that Mattel is doing this.

Sheboygan,WI(Home of the Worlds Biggest Bratwurst Celebration)
    I understand how this works,thanks to this thread.But now I have 3 subscriptions in my cart.I only want 2,and I cant empty it.Why is that?
    My active ebay items for sale.http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/taddow...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ
    --------------------------------------------
    GOOD TRADERS
    jbaw2, Dr.Omega, Andrea_the_cat@yahoo.it, tmcclurg, celticsfan, THEGODBEAST, Venom77713, Royalt1us, racerx, davidlogan, granbeetle, MOTU SAN JOSE 2, prime731,galaxywarrior,Butterflyer,Creasy Bear.

Lets see I tried all at once and the monthly subs, both failed to authorize. I tried it in IE and Firefox besides my usual Chrome. Something is not right if folks are saying they are only charging for the first figure as that is one expensive figure if its more then:

Currency Balance
    U.S. Dollar: $66.47 USD

Its not on my end, my card is fine as usual it worked today on amazon and with mythic and those were already taken from a larger total. Number is right as is other details that ordered Mer-man fine.

Heroic Warrior
    Am I able to cancel a shipment at this time? I accidently forgot to change my shipping option, so the first time i put it through, I left it on the default, which is "International Post". When I realized what I did, I subscribed again with UPS Economy as my shipping method of choice. Can I delete my original subscription at this point? If I can't, is there a way to just combine them both and have the 2 figures arrive to me by UPS Economy?