Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALL 80s MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE COMIC BOOKS

Quote Originally Posted by DynastyMasters View Post
    Are you saying there were more than 49 (U.S) mini-comics? If not, I don't understand your post.

Danger at Caslte Grayskull/Power of Point Dread, The Power of the Evil Horde are included in the list of 49 MOTU mini-comics, are they not?

Plus, are you saying there was a mini comic with an alternate title for The Power of Point Dread called Danger at Castle Grayskull?

Was the Danger at Castle Grayskull comic the same size as all the other mini comics?

Do you have a scan of the cover of that one too?

I found nothing anywhere online.
    Power of Point Dread! - Danger at Castle Grayskull came with the Talon Fight & Point Dread, but was not the same format as the mini-comics.

Power of the Evil Horde! is a story book (which is actually what the first four mini-comics are), also not mini-comic format. It came with the afore-mentioned Hordak/Grizzlor 2-pack.

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    How difficult is that Star Riders comic to track down I wonder?
    I have this comic as jpg files, if needed let me know as it is currently uploaded to my photobucket
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Dynasty Masters Universe DynastyMasters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Power of Point Dread! - Danger at Castle Grayskull came with the Talon Fight & Point Dread, but was not the same format as the mini-comics.

Power of the Evil Horde! is a story book (which is actually what the first four mini-comics are), also not mini-comic format. It came with the afore-mentioned Hordak/Grizzlor 2-pack.
    Is this Power of Point Dread! the same story with the same pictures as the ones in the mini-comic with the same name, or it is completely different? Same story, different artwork?

Found it!

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=809

Could someone tell me if the paper that was used to make the Danger at Caslte Grayskull/Power of Point Dread, and The Power of the Evil Horde comics are the same as all the other Mattel mini comics, or are the pages thicker? Are they like the Golden books? Are these actually considered to be comic books? How much bigger than the mini-comic books are these books exactly?
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; February 22, 2010 at 05:16pm.
    DYNASTY AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    http://www.dynastyandthemastersofthe...e.blogspot.com

Could someone tell me if the paper that was used to make the Danger at Caslte Grayskull/Power of Point Dread, and The Power of the Evil Horde comics are the same as all the other Mattel mini comics, or are the pages thicker? Are they like the Golden books? Are these actually considered to be comic books? How much bigger than the mini-comic books are these books exactly?
    I've never seen them in person, but I presume they're more like Golden books. I would also assumer they have a heavier paper weight, but not glossy.

Power of Point Dread! - Danger at Castle Grayskull I would consider a comic book. The Power of the Evil Horde I would consider a storybook, since the arrangement of words and pictures is much less important than Power of Point Dread! - Danger at Castle Grayskull, where the order of words and pictures is so much more important, which tends to be what separates a comic from other types of illustrated books.

I've asked ToyGuru of Mattel to read this thread.

It would be great too if they included all the instruction manuals that came with some of the toys in the book with all the mini-comics.
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; May 3, 2010 at 10:23am.

What's the latest news on graphic novels? Will Mattel ever approach DC Comics and Marvel/Star Comics and make them give us all the comic books together as graphic novels? Will Mattel do it for their MOTU mini-comics?

BOOK 1: DC COMICS - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

01. DC COMICS PRESENTS SUPERMAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE: FROM ETERNIA WITH DEATH!
    02. SPECIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE PREVIEW: FATE IS THE KILLER!
    03. TO TEMPT THE GODS
    04. THE KEY TO CASTLE GRAYSKULL
    05. WITHIN THESE WALLS... ARMAGEDDON

BOOK 2: MARVEL/STAR COMICS - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE

01. MARVEL AGE: HE-MAN MUSCLES IN ON MARVEL!
    02. THE COMING OF HORDAK
    03. FALLING STARS
    04. THE GARDEN OF EVIL
    05. SNAKES ALIVE!
    06. MONSTROID
    07. FROM HERE TO ETERNIA
    08. LONG LIVE THE KING
    09. THE GATEWAY
    10. THE HATE STONES!
    11. COURAGE
    12. WHOSE ENEMY AM I ANYWAY
    13. THE MOTION PICTURE
    14. LIFETIME: PART ONE
    15. LIFETIME: PART TWO

BOOK 3: MATTEL MINI COMIC BOOKS - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, PRINCESS OF POWER, HE-MAN

01. 49 MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE MINI COMIC BOOKS
    02. 12 PRINCESS OF POWER MINI COMIC BOOKS
    03. 04 HE-MAN MINI COMIC BOOKS
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; September 26, 2014 at 05:05am.

Sure would be nice. I think everyone here would love to see it. If it was going to happen I think it would have been done already.

Is Donald Glutt part of the reason why we haven't gotten graphic novels yet for the 80s Masters of the Universe comic books?

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    Not at all. The actual reason lies more in the direction of Mattel being a bit careless with their licensing in the 1980s, and unlike Hasbro which made sure they retained ownership of the stories and new characters that appeared in their comics, Mattel apparently didn't do so; thus, there's some legal gray areas on who exactly owns what in the early DC and Marvel comics (Marvel more so than DC). This is also why they have to license the rights to use the Filmation characters and can't make Movie characters.
    Can and will this ever be resolved?

Is Donald Glutt part of the reason why we haven't gotten graphic novels yet for the 80s Masters of the Universe comic books?

Can and will this ever be resolved?
    I see the new Masters Vs DC trade includes an old 80s strip. Maybe this is paving the way for some new ones?

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Trap-Jaw- View Post
    I see the new Masters Vs DC trade includes an old 80s strip. Maybe this is paving the way for some new ones?
    That "DC Presents #47" story was already a year ago in another Superman collected trade-book. Before that they were printed and sold
    inside the 2-pack DC vs MOTU toys.

It was more likely added to the DCU vs MOTU trade as a nod to the first time Superman and He-Man met.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I'm currently reading the 1987 annual. I'd be interested to see some of the strips from this era.

Is it DC who have the rights?

Given the multitude of Batman trades, past and present, I don't see why we can't have a few vintage He man ones relased

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Trap-Jaw- View Post
    Is it DC who have the rights?
    Mattel has used "work-for-hire" on MOTU brand.
    DC didn't own He-Man in 1982, or now in 2014.

Filmation Library is a whole different topic.
    Those were bought by Hallmark, then Entertainment Rights, and lastly DreamWorks.
    Meaning any pure Cartoon-likenesses.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    That "DC Presents #47" story was already a year ago in another Superman collected trade-book. Before that they were printed and sold
    inside the 2-pack DC vs MOTU toys.

It was more likely added to the DCU vs MOTU trade as a nod to the first time Superman and He-Man met.
    Could you please post a link to the Superman trade-book that has the DC Presents #47 in it? Thank you.

Heroic Warrior
    Now that that great mini-comic collection is out (still waiting for mine in the mail), I'm bumping an old thread not only for the cool comic scans, but also to discuss the other '80's MOTU comics that haven't been reprinted, specifically the DC comics, Marvel Star comics, and last but not least, the extremely underrated & little known UK comics. I had some comics from all three companies (Marvel, DC, London Editions) but have no idea where they are now.

The DC comic series had great art, and it should be simple for this to be reprinted - unless they are licensing issues involved.

Ditto for the Marvel Star comics series - solid art, and I remember getting some of these back in the day.

I'm sure the UK comics are the rarest out of all of these - I'm in the U.S., and remember buying 2-3 of them from a comic book store back in late '89; the art & stories were solid, and I enjoyed them. I remember looking to get additional issues, but the comic store only had the ones I got and that was it. They were definitely hard to track down. What's amazing is that based on my research, this UK series lasted 75 issues - from 1986 - 1990; apparently an issue came out every two weeks.
    Last edited by man-e-faces; October 26, 2015 at 08:48pm.

http://www.amazon.com/He-Man-Masters...f+the+universe

61dvvcj5mAL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Where is this from? Was it ever released?

spector_mini-comic_full.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2477

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE! IT HAS ARRIVED!

BOOK 1: MATTEL MINI COMIC BOOKS - MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, PRINCESS OF POWER, HE-MAN

01. 49 MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE MINI COMIC BOOKS
    02. 12 PRINCESS OF POWER MINI COMIC BOOKS
    03. 04 HE-MAN MINI COMIC BOOKS
    Last edited by DynastyMasters; November 9, 2015 at 07:37am.

It is FAN ART, was a fan made joke or something like that. It is not minicomic.

Heroic Warrior
    The Marvel/Star comics are all quite expensive on ebay at the moment. Who would own the rights to these now? Could DreamWorks publish a collected edition in conjunction with Dark Horse?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.