Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 4 Horsemen wish-list of characters shown at Wizard World

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    It's great to see fanart being used for promotion!
    They can do that since the legal disclaimer on this site gives Mattel the right to do that.
    It's doubtful it will be used any further than that. But still great to see!

I don't meant to brag, I just think we all did a job good enough and the images we created stuck in people's mind.

For someone like me, grown with Rudy Obrero's and Alcala's illustrations, this is possibly one of the best accomplishment :-)
    Good for you man, seriously!!! Your work is fabulous and you deserve a nice plug like that. The fans appreciate all you have done, without question!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FOUR HORSEMEN View Post
    Keep pushing for and requesting those strange, obscure possibly never-to-be-seen-again characters to be made into figures, and you never know what might happen.

Our fingers are certainly crossed.

-FOUR HORSEMEN-[/COLOR]
    My fingers are crossed too. Please can we have Snout Spout, Roboto and Sy-Klone by the end of 2010? I'm happy for the line to die after they come out...

I for one am all about the obscure characters and would be more than happy if that is all that we get. I mean the main characters have all been done to death.

That being said I want everything pictured in that slide, starting with tytus
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World

oh, the possibilities!!!

I would not take this screen shot too seriously at this point. I love the fact that the 4 Horsemen have many of the same characters in their "wish list" as I do as a fan. I do think that the success of this line so far should be a pretty clear indication to Mattel that purchasing the Filmation rights would be a sound investment! I for one, will be purchasing 3 copies of every figure that come out in the MOTUC line until the day that the 4 Horsemen have sculpted every character in the realm of possibility. At one figure per month, that could be a decade of amazing figures!!! I urge all of the He-Man.org community to stay positive and supportive of this line. If the line continues to thrive, who knows what will be in store.... How cool would it be to get a live-action or CQI movie? Video game (in the US)? Relaunch of the 200X animated series with the Horde? I know I'm dreaming, but here is to hoping

I really hope this was some form of tactic to gauge fan reaction.
    I really would love a Shadow Weaver, Lizard Man, Tytus, and Megator.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I wanna give my support for these characters also! I'd love to see a Tytus figure, that was something i didnt even know existed as a kid. Obscure characters are a definite win for me, i love classic and 200x designs and ill be buying whatever the 4H come up with

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I would love a Tytus and Megator, and Shadow Weaver is a must have. But I wouldnt buy a Lizard man figure,because although Ive always known about filmation characters I guess I thought they would only ever make the cool characters if they got the rights -Marlena, SW, Adora etc- not the incidental characters like Lizard man. Also theres a truly cool looking 'Lizard Man' already available to Mattel-Lizorr from NA. who actually looks a lot like that picture.

It sounds Hypocritical of me, but for the first time in this collection I have doubts about the Subscription, cos I really dont want obscure Filmation characters.
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Oh gosh, I think I'm glad I didn't see this before the sobering explanation about it being a wish list more than a definite preview of coming attractions. Still, it's highly encouraging to see the Green Goddess, Shadow Weaver, and Lizard Man all on there! I kind of assumed the Goddess was coming already though, are they suggesting they would do something other than just a repaint of Teela?!

Oh Shadow Weaver! How long must I wait!

Also, any talk of giants should not leave out Procrustus and Colossor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    One thing to note on the giants...

Remember there's the possibility of not getting two figures out of a giant sized body, but 5.

- Titus
    - Megator
    - Giant 1 from MYP toon
    - Giant 2 from MYP toon
    - Giant 3 from MYP toon

Seeing as they have all rights to do those three guys from that Buzz Off episode.
    Baena, please... donīt forget Granammyr !
    The old dragon is a wonderful character and deserves a place in MOTUC collection.

I was thinking... And if Tytus and Megator would be released as BAF next year ? They can split each figure in 6 parts ( 1 head; 1 torax/abdome; 2 arms; 2 legs ). So, both could be released in 2010: one in the first 6 months and the other in the second one. I remember ToyGuru said there will be bonus products for those whose get subscription. Maybe itīs not bonus only for those, but for everyone here that purchase every monthly figure in 2010. In the end of each six months, we get a giant !

I am worried about She-Ra. Maybe Mattel is worried too. I think vintage She-Ra toy will not work so well. If they got Filmationīs license, itīs possible we can see the best She-Ra ever made!!!

I donīt think Lizard Man and others Filmation exclusives will work next to MOTUC... so I hope they release a paralel collection (maybe bonus figures) incluiding only Filmation characters, like Strong Arm, Fang Man, Filmation Clawful, Filmation Jitsu, Filmation Evil Seed, Masque, Shokoti, Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Octavia, Filmation Teela, Cringer, Icer and of course Lizard Man.

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    I would not take this screen shot too seriously at this point. I love the fact that the 4 Horsemen have many of the same characters in their "wish list" as I do as a fan. I do think that the success of this line so far should be a pretty clear indication to Mattel that purchasing the Filmation rights would be a sound investment! I for one, will be purchasing 3 copies of every figure that come out in the MOTUC line until the day that the 4 Horsemen have sculpted every character in the realm of possibility. At one figure per month, that could be a decade of amazing figures!!! I urge all of the He-Man.org community to stay positive and supportive of this line. If the line continues to thrive, who knows what will be in store.... How cool would it be to get a live-action or CQI movie? Video game (in the US)? Relaunch of the 200X animated series with the Horde? I know I'm dreaming, but here is to hoping
    I like the way this guy dreams! I'm for everything he said!

Mattel, if you're reading this: MAKE AS MANY OBSCURE CHARACTERS AS YOU LIKE! I don't think that the success of the line will last multiple years if they give us every commonly made character all at once. I think it's terrific strategy to get us excited about new character figures and heralding in our old familiar faces gradually! When I heard about them making the first female, I honestly hoped they would make the Sorceress first, but alas...!
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; June 23, 2009 at 09:23pm.

Would have been an announcement for the history books. E3 what.

Just so everyone's clear, this post represents the Horsemen's wish list, not necessarily characters Mattel has the rights to.

Not that they aren't on our wish list too, but we have to stick to figures we have the rights to, which for the moment do not include Filmation created characters (unless in the 2002 series) and the 1987 film.

Original toy lines, 2002 series, mini comics, concept art, Mattel published material (like licensing guides) and others are all fair game for now.

TG

TG

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    we have to stick to figures we have the rights to, which for the moment do not include Filmation created characters (unless in the 2002 series) and the 1987 film.

TG
    Wait...so are Gwildor, Blade, and Saurod off limits too or just characters from the film that never had a toy or a mini-comic appearance?

I really, REALLY want Gwildor...

Sallah

Court Magician

I don't get it....

...so what was the point of showing us this wishlist?

Anyone could get a bunch of art and say it's their wishlist too? Soooooo...what's the point of showing the wishlist.

Very odd.

*grumble*grumble* I was getting so excited seeing everyone's excited posts. And then I saw the 4hm post and then I saw the TG post. I want some of those characters so badly. I want to see Shadow Weaver, Scopria and, all those other filmation only characters. While I'm not all that keen on the giants I'd pick those up in a heartbeat just like anything else made in MOTUC line unless they make those stupid meteorbs.
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Open up that checkbook, Mattel, and get us the Filmation characters...

Filmation Classics..

if Lizard Man gets the go ahead..

PLEASE MAKE HIM JUST LIKE THE FILMATION STYLE!

please no very drastic updated look like He-ro

he-ro is my favorite character and was so bummed with this new very different look. just seems like a re-done 200x figure and he was not even in the series.
    Last edited by carlo; June 24, 2009 at 01:02am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Now I'm just even more hyped. 4HM and TG both confirming that this just a wishlist. Wishlist smishlist indeed! I'm more sure than before that something big is brewing. I'll might end up being majorly disappointed after SDCC, but I'm not giving up yet.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Regardless, I'm glad to see Tytus and Megator are still on the 4H wishlist radar. I'd love to see both of them see a release.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    if Lizard Man gets the go ahead..

PLEASE MAKE HIM JUST LIKE THE FILMATION STYLE!

please no very drastic updated look like He-ro

he-ro is my favorite character and was so bummed with this new very different look. just seems like a re-done 200x figure and he was not even in the series.
    I'm confused.

he looked just like the proto, but done Classics style. He looks no more 'changed' than vintage He-Man to Classic He-man IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalzero View Post
    I'm confused.

he looked just like the proto, but done Classics style. He looks no more 'changed' than vintage He-Man to Classic He-man IMO.
    Exactly. The major differences are the lack of that smile, and Vac Metalized torso and boots.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Original toy lines, 2002 series, mini comics, concept art, Mattel published material (like licensing guides) and others are all fair game for now.

TG

TG
    So you're saying we can get characters like Adora or Catra done in the Filmation style since they have their Filmation costumes in the POP licensing guides...

I am waiting for GOAT MAN and FANG MAN!!!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I so want Shadow Weaver!!!! Here's a link to some other Filmation characters you may have have forgotten http://www.frankshemanpage.net/other.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    Baena, please... donīt forget Granammyr !
    The old dragon is a wonderful character and deserves a place in MOTUC collection.

I don't disagree! I love Granamyr and would love to see him made too.

But his base sculpt wouldn't be a standard humanoid sculpt that could be re-used like Titus and Megator's body could with the other three giants. That's all. I'm thinking re-use here, and I feel Granamyr should be a 100% unique sculpt.
    Maybe other dragons could be made off of him?!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog