Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I finally realized why I hate the idea of He-Man & Skeletor's sons doing battle.

I finally realized why I hate the idea of He-Man & Skeletor's sons doing battle.

It's pretty simple, really: because that would mean that He-Man lost. OK, so maybe he defeates Skeletor, but if Skeletor's son, or anyone, rises up again, it means that he did not vanquish evil completely, and that's what you want the hero to do. (At least I do.) Obviously, like with any comic or similar thing, obviously I don't want the story to wrap up cuz then the franchize would end, but in their reality I do envision He-Man and his allies defeating Skeletor, Hordak and King Hiss once and for all, but if their sons are still fighting, that means it didn't happen, and that just doesn't sit well with me because it makes it seem like he failed in his mission.

Not to mention that I hate the idea of Skeletor having any kids at all because I don't like the idea of he or Evil-Lyn wanting to have children; to me it makes them less selfish and thus less evil. Skeletor wouldn't want to share his would-be empire with ANY one, even his own child, and Evil-Lyn's lust for power oughtta drown out any sound of her biological clock ticking with the greatest of ease.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Evil will always pop up in some other form, whether in Eternia or on another planet. That's understandable.

But Skeletor having a son is pretty lame, in my opinion. I think it'd make more sense if one of his Evil Warriors pick up the pieces to continue to fight the "bad" fight.

I think if Skeletor isn't around to fight someone after He-Man, then He-man did win in a way that everyone who fought King Hiss and Hordak didn't since those goes come back.

The struggle between good and evil doesn't have to end with He-Man and Skeletor. I don't know that Skeleteen and Dare are worthwhile successors to their legacy, but the whole idea that there are more generations after them is okay with me.

And I think it's important to remember it's Keldor and Evil-Lyn who had a child. Keldor no doubt expected to become a king, have his own issue and lineage. Skeletor, as far as we know, has no such interest in having a family or children to challenge his possibly immortal reign (probably why Lyn sent the infant away from him).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

You can't ever fully eradicate evil. That kind of thinking leads to genocide and turns heroes into villains.

It's a shame that Skeletor's son would turn out to be a villain though. I'd rather see him fighting alongside He-Man's son against someone else.

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I don't really have a problem with Keldor and Evil-Lyn having a child or seeming less "twirly moustach and tie a damsel to train tracks" evil. I like depth, and really interesting villains too me are the ones who don't think they are evil. I do like the idea of "happily ever after". Maybe everything is not perfect, but does there need to be a big bad? Star Wars has become awful about that. I love the way JK Rowling ended the series..."And all was well". Not Voldermort's son shows up and tries the same crap.

So that is a big part of what I don't like about it. It's just basically He-Man VS Skeletor 2.0. I'm not real sure what could even b e remotely interesting about that story beyond recycling the same crap.

Now MAYBE if He-Man had found and raised Skeletor's son it could have been somewhat interesting. Teaching him goodness while the kid has to over come the legacy of his parents.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Information on how to download: https://greasyfork.org/en

The user script itself: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/91...n-total-ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Now MAYBE if He-Man had found and raised Skeletor's son it could have been somewhat interesting. Teaching him goodness while the kid has to over come the legacy of his parents.
    Now THAT is a brilliant idea! In the Son of He-Man era - King He-Man raises Dare and Skeletor's son together and a future Evil-Lyn can start to secretly meddle and turn Skelly's son to the dark side. There could be some interesting dynamics there - especialy is skelly's son doesn't know Dare is He-Ro.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    How about the sort of relationship that abounds in 80's anime cartoons? SOS starts as bad but after being beat by Dare he turns around and joins with him to fight someone worse.

He-Man can never win. Zodac will always be out there to ensure that both good and evil exist out there so that there is a balance to things. Without evil, there can be no good. It's a sick irony.

Heroic Warrior
    The mutliple he-men really bugged me... It was bad enough when Adam was not the original he-man... but now he's not even the last. he's just a roadbump on the journey of the power sword....

I don't really have a problem with Keldor and Evil-Lyn having a child or seeming less "twirly moustach and tie a damsel to train tracks" evil. I like depth, and really interesting villains too me are the ones who don't think they are evil. I do like the idea of "happily ever after". Maybe everything is not perfect, but does there need to be a big bad? Star Wars has become awful about that. I love the way JK Rowling ended the series..."And all was well". Not Voldermort's son shows up and tries the same crap.

So that is a big part of what I don't like about it. It's just basically He-Man VS Skeletor 2.0. I'm not real sure what could even b e remotely interesting about that story beyond recycling the same crap.

I agree. It would be more interesting if He-man raised Skeletor's kid, than to just have He-man v. Skeletor round two. But that scenario is basically Star Wars all over again. Obi Wan (He-man) raises Skeletor's (Vader) kid (Luke). I know technically Obi Wan didn't raise Luke, but he watched over him, adn then mentored him. I don't know if there is a new way to do the story, which is why maybe you don't go with the kids repeating the whole cycle.

You could have Skeletor raising He-man's kid, but that's She-ra. What about another villain abducting them both and raising them together? Or thename-bracelets get swapped at the Eternian hospital and He-man and Teela raise Skeletor's kid thinking it's their kid. And you have a whole We Need to Talk About Kevin scenario. And then Skeletor is stuck with this goodie-two-shoes that he gives up on and sells to the travelling carnival. And then Jerry Spring-or comes in and tries to sort it out, Songster style.

Speaking of cycles, my initial thought was that introducing He-man and Skeletor's kids brought up the cycle of life, and thus implies that both characters will die.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...Who's to say Skeleteen IS even really a "villain"?? He may lead a faction that's out to fight what would undoubtedly be left of the Horde (perhaps the remenants of the unified Gar-Race?!?) Empire after She-Ra defeats Horde-Prime! It's supposed to be a "multiple-galaxy-spanning empire", so I doubt it would just fall apart to nothing, even with Horde-Prime & Hordak gone. The Empire continued to cause trouble well after Palplatine & Vader's deaths, with the Sith-Lords eventually rising as their OWN Empire, to reclaim part of the Galaxy, and fighting the New Republic & the New Imperials as well! All Expanded Universe, of course, but you get the idea! Maybe the as yet unconfronted "Unnamed One" takes over what's left of the Horde Empire?? Food for thought...
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

To each his own. I like where it's going, though I would change things here and there. For instance: I don't even know if Skeletor's son STAYS evil. Who knows? He might not, and I find that interesting. Plus: what has He-Man been doing? He's been messing with time with his own personal time traveler. Maybe things didn't turn out how he liked? Maybe he's messing with things? Maybe Skeletor's son wanted to stop He-Man's rule for other reasons, but not realizing that the whole skull-faced deal isn't the way to go about it, because it won't change anything and it would be even worse.

Anyway, the point is: we have no real idea what is going on yet. Best to wait and see.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I don't like the idea because it's too obvious. They have kids and their kids are enemies too? It would be more interesting if Dare and "Skeleteen" (ugh) turned out to be allies. You can't defeat evil once & for all, any more than you can defeat hackneyed bios.

Court Magician
    He ro should become evil. Corrupted by prophecy a la Macbeth. Skeletors boy winds up becoming a he man my ddefault. They boys are raised together and get their prophecies. Pushes he ro over the edge and skelekid gets hhis "not as great but much greater" business and the pieces fall into place.

I don't like the whole He-Ro thing anyway, there was a He-Ro before, there should only have been one. He-Man should be like the Dread Pirate Roberts, seemingly immortal, but quietly being taken over by person to person behind closed doors, while the prior one faded into the crew then retirement. And in my story, It's King Adam, as no one but a little bigger ring of people than before knows Adam, is He-Man, or at a point, was He-Man.

Dare to me is not He-Ro, but the continuation of He-Man....He-Ro died thousands of years ago....He-Man is now.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The way I see it, Keldor was power hungry and tended to make choices that would have good results but with a nasty cost. To me he was promised power by Hordak when he took Adora and got combined with Demoman which drove him nuts. Evil-lyn is much the same, but trying to do something to fix the man she loves all the while.

so in regards to the sons I would prefer their son, who I won't call Skeleteen, to not be evil but at the same time maybe not go good maybe have him become neutral like a cosmic enforcer.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I think if Skeletor isn't around to fight someone after He-Man, then He-man did win in a way that everyone who fought King Hiss and Hordak didn't since those goes come back.

The struggle between good and evil doesn't have to end with He-Man and Skeletor. I don't know that Skeleteen and Dare are worthwhile successors to their legacy, but the whole idea that there are more generations after them is okay with me.

And I think it's important to remember it's Keldor and Evil-Lyn who had a child. Keldor no doubt expected to become a king, have his own issue and lineage. Skeletor, as far as we know, has no such interest in having a family or children to challenge his possibly immortal reign (probably why Lyn sent the infant away from him).
    My thoughts exactly. I doubt Skeletor was even aware of the child after he was transformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post

Anyway, the point is: we have no real idea what is going on yet. Best to wait and see.
    Ugh no thanks. I would rather not see. At least in Classics. There are so many other characters that I want to see before seeing anything more of this era in any way, shape or form. To put this in scope, I would rather have a figure and story of the cow that Gwildor talks to in the movie before "Skeleteen".

Let this thing come out as some cartoon with silly animation on some network, get it's own figure line in retail, and best of all it's own section on these forums.
    VBulletin Total Ignore provides improved ignore functionality and removes quoted messages and any post made by an ignored user in a thread.

Ugh no thanks. I would rather not see. At least in Classics. There are so many other characters that I want to see before seeing anything more of this era in any way, shape or form. To put this in scope, I would rather have a figure and story of the cow that Gwildor talks to in the movie before "Skeleteen".

Let this thing come out as some cartoon with silly animation on some network, get it's own figure line in retail, and best of all it's own section on these forums.
    I'm all for new characters, but when new characters move the story too far ahead in time, when we haven't even seen the rest of the past characters yet, I mean hell, characters are killed off in bios, long before they even get to the figure. Clamp Champ is supposedly dead, hence why SLL was brought to the present....and yet, his figure hasn't even been released yet.... It's stupid this way....I mean I like King He-Man as a figure, but we've moved too far off course in Classics.... A story is being told in the bios (which I care less about) but a lot of the old players are yet missing.
    Recent.... HATMOTU Beast Man & Evil Seed
    Coming....
    Wanted.... Filmation Mer-Man, Teela & Sorceress
    Considering....
    Needed.... MOTUC Lord Masque

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yea I agree. As its own thing I could live with, but here in MOTUC it is just taking things too far off. Heck we know next to nothing about what happens in the NA era and have already "skipped ahead" to the point where we know as much, if not more. At this point the story looks like this:

He-Man and Skeletor fought...oh and there was She-ra and Etheria and stuff happened, nothing to really worry with, but then Hordak came to ETERNIA and stuff is exciting again. then there was the big old 2nd ULTIMATE BATTLEGROUND which was totally cooler than that big battle in Lord of the Rings and then Skeletor, he-Man and She-ra go into space where...stuff...and...you know...but KING HE-MAN!!!!

I would like to start seeing the main era filled in. Don't get me wrong, I like King He-Man as a sub exclusive and a neat way to "bookend" the collection. But otherwise I'd like to fill in the rest of the middle

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I doubt Skeletor was even aware of the child after he was transformed.
    Skeletor remembers everything that Keldor experienced, so I think he would remember having a child with Evil-Lyn. If Evil-Lyn and Keldor didn't have a child 'the old fashioned way', it could be that Evil-Lyn cloned the child, using Keldor's DNA mixed with her own. We know Skeletor cloned Teela from the Sorceress in MOTUC, so Evil-Lyn creating a cloned child wouldn't be a stretch.

i've said this before, but i would prefer if skeletor had a daughter, and that she chooses the path of good of her own accord. i also would have her become the sorceress after teela. sort of an intersting irony...all that time her parents struggled to capture grayskull, and their daughter is handed stewardship simply because she rejects her parents ways.

and before this whole "dare" thing, i always thought that he-ro from the past was he-man's son. that for some reason he had been sent to the past to save his life or something. plus it would have had a cool "the end is the beginning" thing going on.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

So this is a really dumb question but who is Dare's mother again?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

This.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I'm all for new characters, but when new characters move the story too far ahead in time, when we haven't even seen the rest of the past characters yet, I mean hell, characters are killed off in bios, long before they even get to the figure. Clamp Champ is supposedly dead, hence why SLL was brought to the present....and yet, his figure hasn't even been released yet.... It's stupid this way....I mean I like King He-Man as a figure, but we've moved too far off course in Classics.... A story is being told in the bios (which I care less about) but a lot of the old players are yet missing.
    This is something that should not be overlooked! The inclusion of King He-Man has abruptly thrown the bios into fast-forward, and as such, the remaining old-school characters' bios will have to accommodate for this fact. Sometimes I wonder if the whole story-line is already written, or if Mattel just flies by the seat of their pants...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    The son of Keldor can't be as powerful or as wise as Skeletor. Keldor/Skeletor became powerful & wise by years of practice, training & events. Keldor was charismatic as well. What really made Keldor powerful other than being a Gar was the merging of the being Demo-Man. The son of Keldor I assume is only part Gar.
    The son of Keldor is small fry compared to Skeletor. In He-Mans younger day a foe like son of Keldor would be a threat just as much as Count Marzo was.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark