Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE AGAIN: Toyguru alerts fans about Moss Man flocking issue; Your chance to vote!

UPDATE AGAIN: Toyguru alerts fans about Moss Man flocking issue; Your chance to vote!

New facebook note re: Moss Man flocking. Check it out! Personally, I'd prefer flocking over articulation if that is the bump. Here's hoping it gets straighten out.

"Hey He-Fans,

Just to let everyone know, we are working out some of the kinks with Moss Man right now. The flocking on a highly articulated figure is a bit tricker then we expected. There is a chance Moss Man may get pushed out to April and the "as-of-yet-unannounced" April figure will get bumped up to March (see why we have bonus figures in tow, stuff like this happens a lot!). This is not confirmed yet, just want to keep you all in the loop.

And along those lines, would fans be interested in Moss Man if he was not flocked? Or is this a make or break deal? We are doing everything we can to keep him flocked, but just curious what fans think?

If the only way to flock him would be to limit the articulation would that be okay also? Curious what you all think?

We want to hear your feedback!

Matty"

Update:

A He-Man.org poll has been posted, thanks to Adam Tyner!
    Please click here to vote!

If you voted in the forum poll, please be sure to vote again in the He-Man.org poll!

Photos of both options:

Another update:

Main page article has been updated with a quote from Toyguru on partial flocking,
    and now has JonWes' rough mockup of what a partial flocking might look like.
    Remember that it's not an official Mattel photo.

If you voted and have since changed your mind, you can vote again on the main page poll.
    A 2nd vote will simply overwrite your previous vote.

Flocked! Flocked! Flocked!

The flocking on the original mossman fell apart anyways, so I won't mind if it comes off here. Affecting articulation? Well, I can live with that. I can definately live with it if they throw in the pine scent!!!
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

What the flock?

Hmmm.... it's an interesting question. Personally, I'd take flocking over articulation. I might even be happy with spot-flocking. Can they spot-flock? Even if not everything was flocked I think mossy patches might be nice.

Please flock him.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Novelty View Post
    Flocked! Flocked! Flocked!

The flocking on the original mossman fell apart anyways, so I won't mind if it comes off here. Affecting articulation? Well, I can live with that. I can definately live with it if they throw in the pine scent!!!
    screw that! Articulation is the main selling point of this line.... Maybe flocking in certain areas? I mean come on, these need to retain their articulation!!!

I guess it depends on how much articulation we're talking about losing.
    I'd really like to keep the flocking, but not if that means we can't pose him.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Ah...the figure hold-up reveals itself...

I prefer unflocked.

Sell both versions on Mattycollector. Or sell the unflocked version first, then sell the flocked version after the kinks have been worked out as a variant.

Keep him flocked, he just isn't Moss Man without it. If he has to be delayed so they can work around it, I wouldn't mind.

It sounds to me like they CAN flock and articulate, it'll just take a bit longer. I'm happy to wait another month for Moss Man. Moss Man without flocking is like Ram Man without his bounce- vital, IMO.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I'm okay with it if he's not flocked, but is made to look basically the same somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fantastico View Post
    screw that! Articulation is the main selling point of this line.... Maybe flocking in certain areas? I mean come on, these need to retain their articulation!!!
    Agree. I would prefer a character who could move his arms or legs properly.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    SUPER FLOCKED!! I can do without some articulation for the mossy goodness. :-)

Even if it's a staue flocking is a must for Moss Man!! Teela isn't much articulated yet she is still awesome so who cares?
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Release him as a staction if you must, just flock him! The SDCC version looked flawless!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    It's fine to me if he is unflocked to retain articulation. Just give him a detailed paint job - drybrushes of different hues of green to make him look similar.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Hmmm.... it's an interesting question. Personally, I'd take flocking over articulation. I might even be happy with spot-flocking. Can they spot-flock? Even if not everything was flocked I think mossy patches might be nice.
    I agree completely. For me, anyway, I would greatly prefer flocked (even if it meant less articulation) but spot-flocking would be perfectly acceptable if the alternative meant massive retooling and weeks of sleepless nights for the design staff! (and lots of delays for us!!)

Let the flocking commence!!

It depends on the detail under the flocking. If it's just a He-man style body, I don't think it would look good. The fuzzy Beastman body would be okay with the right paint apps.

He has to be flocked, like others have said, he's not Moss Man without it. Spot flocking as has bee said might work or maybe leaving the articulation joints unflocked (though that might look a little funny) He needs to be flocked in my opinion.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvik View Post
    I agree completely. For me, anyway, I would greatly prefer flocked (even if it meant less articulation) but spot-flocking would be perfectly acceptable if the alternative meant massive retooling and weeks of sleepless nights for the design staff! (and lots of delays for us!!)

Let the flocking commence!!
    Now that is a good compromise. Spot flocking. Maybe on the chest and forearms, etc. Hmm, I think I could live with that.

I would take flocking over articulation any day. No flock, no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Ah...the figure hold-up reveals itself...

I prefer unflocked.

Sell both versions on Mattycollector. Or sell the unflocked version first, then sell the flocked version after the kinks have been worked out as a variant.
    I like this route.
    But I'm in the minority that doesn't like flocking. *shrugs*
    Whatareyagonnado?

They could have two tones of green on him to kind of represent the supposed flocked areas?
    Maybe he get's another accessory over top his body that looks like mossy armor? Mmm, yeah that one is dumb...
    I dunno.

A flat green paint job won't do, there needs to be some variation on the paint to make it work without flocking I would think.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I don't want a statue. Articulation >>>> Flocking.

Heroic Warrior
    I vote flocked.

EDIT: I vote spot flocked.
    Last edited by Ntumbuluku; August 8, 2009 at 01:18pm.

I voted flocked, too.

I'm happy to see the majority of the people responding on facebook prefer Flocking. IMO it is much more important then all the articulation. Hopefully they find a way to do both, because I imagine they wont do a new unarticulated sculpt, most likely they will glue or sonically weld the joints together which might be pretty lame. Either way flocking must come first.

The note already has 70 comments on facebook and has only been up for about 40 mins.
    Last edited by xBBestx; August 7, 2009 at 03:06pm.