View Poll Results: Do you want MOTU “Classics” exclusives for PowerCon 2020?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I want a new MOTU “Classics” exclusives for PowerCon 2020

41 89.13%
  • No, I am fine with no new “Classics” exclusives for PowerCon 2020

5 10.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you want a MOTU “Classics” exclusive for PowerCon 2020?

Do you want a MOTU “Classics” exclusive for PowerCon 2020?

Like many, I was disappointed to read the announcement that Mattel is not going to be producing a MOTU “Classics” exclusive for PowerCon 2020. The idea that “Classics” would remain alive, via PowerCon, was something I was looking forward to. So, I’m putting up this poll, asking if you still want a “Classics” exclusive, like I do. Feel free to comment below, explaining why you want one. Perhaps, if we have enough comments, Mattel might reconsider.

Is this a rhetorical question, I just ask as of course we want a new action figure for power con 2020.

Yes to any new classics figures!!!!!!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    YES! It's a real shame there are no Classics exclusives for 2020. Power-Con is the ideal place to continue offering MOTUC to hardcore collectors. This "hiatus" idea makes no sense to me, especially since this is a niche fan event where the target audience really wants these Classics figures.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Of course I want a classics figure. I get that they are wanting to push the new line; but I don't see one Classics Collectors Choice figure, released at Powercon, being something that is going to hurt a new retail line. Please Mattel, just throw us adult collectors a little bone.
    Last edited by He-Ro Eats Soup; December 8, 2019 at 07:42pm.
    Load the spaceships with the rocket fuel!!!

Heck yes, especially since it sounds like the line is ending. Of course I want all of the figures that I can’t get.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    YES! It's a real shame there are no Classics exclusives for 2020. Power-Con is the ideal place to continue offering MOTUC to hardcore collectors. This "hiatus" idea makes no sense to me, especially since this is a niche fan event where the target audience really wants these Classics figures.
    I agree completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro Eats Soup View Post
    Of course I want a classics figure. I get that they are wanting to push the new line; but I don't see one Classics Collectors Choice figure, released at Powercon, being something that is going to hurt a new retail line. Please Mattel, just throw us adult collectors a little bone.
    I agree with this, as well.

Of course! I want more motu Classics!
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

I’d like an exclusive from each line. We can handle it!

YES please!

Classics in con and wherever is welcome..

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I do not understand why no more Classics, since there is absolutely no way Classics will lower the Origins sales !
    Classics is a niche line for hardcore collectors, Orgins is a mass retail line for kids and collectors who want them.
    But cancelling Classics will not help to sell more Origins, collectors who purchased Classics will not buy Origins for that, I do think that is the opposite since they are feeling left behind.

And for loyal Classics collectors who were keeping the brand alive the last 10 years with Classics, that is really not respectful.
    I can understand Mattel stopped with Mattycollector for some reasons, but let Super7 making some Classics since you were not interested in this brand anymore.

You are supposed to sell hundreds of thousands or maybe millions if the upcominng movie cartoon are good enough meanwhile Super7 will sell just some figures to the last 1,000 hardcore Motuc collectors who want obscure characters and finish Filmation and NA lines.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I do not understand why no more Classics, since there is absolutely no way Classics will lower the Origins sales !
    Classics is a niche line for hardcore collectors, Orgins is a mass retail line for kids and collectors who want them.
    But cancelling Classics will not help to sell more Origins, collectors who purchased Classics will not buy Origins for that, I do think that is the opposite since they are feeling left behind.

And for loyal Classics collectors who were keeping the brand alive the last 10 years with Classics, that is really not respectful.
    I can understand Mattel stopped with Mattycollector for some reasons, but let Super7 making some Classics since you were not interested in this brand anymore.

You are supposed to sell hundreds of thousands or maybe millions if the upcominng movie cartoon are good enough meanwhile Super7 will sell just some figures to the last 1,000 hardcore Motuc collectors who want obscure characters and finish Filmation and NA lines.
    Agree 100%.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes of course! If not there, where? If not then, when? Or something like that.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes! Power-con is the last hope we have for ANY MOTU Classics!

Hardcore fans have loyally supported this line for over a decade, so to have it end so abruptly without even a repaint here and there is extremely cruel and unfair.

Like others have pointed out, a limited run item like a power-con exclusive obviously isn't going to affect Mattel's mass market retail line.
    Last edited by abaddon; December 17, 2019 at 01:59am.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Yes, absolutely! Not having a Classics exclusive makes no sense and to me shows that Mattel still doesn't quite understand their core fanbase for MOTU.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    This line costs more than twice the price of the latter brand
    and 50 to 75% of its selection (Collector's Choice most notably) is based on obscure characters nowadays. Which should be enough to set their minds at rest, instead of
    punishing a major portion of their future customers. This is madness to me.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; December 9, 2019 at 11:35am.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Yes, of course. But I also understand the 2020 exclusives are probably already a done deal and at some stage of production by now. So, maybe for 2021?

Only if Mattel produces it. Otherwise, no...
    My post count just got bigger.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I agree. I read somewhere else that Mattel explained why the hiatus and "it made complete sense". I swear I've been thinking a scenario in which this situation makes complete sense, but I have not come up with any satisfactory idea, so I suppose this will remain as one of those mysteries, like Nazca lines, Stonehenge, Egyptian pyramisd or Loch Ness monster.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    This line costs more than twice the price of the latter brand
    and 50 to 75% of its selection (Collector's Choice most notably) is based on obscure characters nowadays. Which should be enough to set their minds at rest, instead of
    punishing a major portion of their future customers. This is madness to me.
    I’m confused...how does making an exclusive for a non-retail toy line, at one single convention, punish anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I agree. I read somewhere else that Mattel explained why the hiatus and "it made complete sense". I swear I've been thinking a scenario in which this situation makes complete sense, but I have not come up with any satisfactory idea, so I suppose this will remain as one of those mysteries, like Nazca lines, Stonehenge, Egyptian pyramisd or Loch Ness monster.
    Yeah, that was Val who stated, “it made complete sense”, but he never explained their reasoning. So, we won’t know why it makes sense, because we are not being informed of their actual reasoning behind it. For the most part, it would appear to not make any sense at all, if you consider the feedback in this thread. It’s still early in the poll, but I think it’s moving in one solid direction.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I’m confused...how does making an exclusive for a non-retail toy line, at one single convention, punish anyone?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry, it looks like you've just misinterpreted my thoughs right here.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that someone at mattel was the person who voted no? lol. It would be nice to get an NA pack, but at this point I'd be happy for one figure.

One major reason I attended my first PowerCon this year was the MOTUC exclusives (and my actual proxmity to the con location for the first time). I would love to see a 200X pack with say Stratos, Mekaneck, and Man-at-Arms (Snake Armor colors and extra armor maybe) or, a major draw would be a Preternia pack with He-Ra, Tay-Larr, and others. He-Ra especially would be a good draw since She-Ra's anniversary is next year. Oh I can hope I suppose.

From what Val has said, this is not going to happen. Maybe the focus should be on letting Mattel know that we want Classics back at the 2021 Power-Con.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ro Eats Soup View Post
    From what Val has said, this is not going to happen. Maybe the focus should be on letting Mattel know that we want Classics back at the 2021 Power-Con.
    Mattel can still change their mind since Power-Con is several months away.

We can still let them know we want Classics for 2020.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes. Absolutely. . Was saying this few weeks ago. I'd imagine mattel will push origins but there's a crowd that still wants classics and there's a crowd of that crowd want mattel classics oppose to what we have gotten the last 2 years or however long it's been. I loved this year's exclusives, it felt so good and smelt so great.. was hoping they'd do both lines to make the whole community happy. I personally have no interest in origins but I'm happy for the ones that do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post

You can put me in the boat of what you jist said. I won't be switching, instead even though I'm not a fan of s7's quality, however I will be switching to conan, and thundercats and anything they release on the classics buck. Same with mattel if they ever use the classics buck for something, I'll buy it. But, I won't be buying anything from the origins line. It's not for me.