View Poll Results: Disney Or Looney Tunes?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disney!

27 46.55%
  • Looney Tunes!

29 50.00%
  • I Don't Like Either!

2 3.45%
  • Dreamworks(Shrek, Kung-Fu Panda)!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney Or Looney Tunes?

Disney Or Looney Tunes?

Now that Disney bought Marvel Comics, a lot of talk has been about DC VS Marvel and Warner Bros. VS Disney. Let's try another poll that is still related to the topic.

Disney: anything animated(Theatrical or TV), featuring animated characters (in movies like Pete's Dragon & Who Framed Roger Rabbit; obviously not including characters in the movie owned by other studios) or labled as a Disney product featuring characters spun off from a Disney cartoon(Movies, TV, Comics). For this poll, we're not going to include Pixar or The Muppets; first of all it would probably make the choice too easy and secondly they were both groups of characters who were created outside of the Disney Studio but were later bought by them.

Looney Tunes: anything animated(Theatrical or TV), featuring animated characters(in movies like Space Jam or Looney Tunes:Back In Action) or labled as a Looney Tunes product featuring characters spun off from a Looney Tunes cartoon(Movies, TV, Comics). While Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Pinky & The Brain, Histeria!, Freakazoid!, and Duck Dodgers can be included, for this poll we'll leave off Hanna Barbara or DC Superhero cartoons; first of all it would probably make the choice too easy and secondly they were both groups of characters who were created outside of the Looney Tunes/WB Studio but were later bought by them.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I voted for Looney toons only because growing up, that's all I got in my area. No Disney channel unitl my teens which meant I never really saw any of it.

Also I hated musicals as a kid and didn't enjoy the big disney movies. Still do. When my oldest was around 5 he'd watch The Lion King almost every day and it almost moved me to madness.

I voted for Disney. I had to think long & hard about it even though I'm the one who created the poll. It's a very close call. I used to prefer Looney Tunes, but I've kinda mellowed as I've gotten older. While I used to find entertainment in The Punisher, Faces Of Death, Metallica, Andrew Dice Clay, and The Sopranos, these days I'd much prefer to sit down with Superman, a Pixar movie, The Killers, Jim Gaffigan, and Medium. While Looney Tunes isn't as in your face as Faces Of Death, the brightly colored sweetness of a classic Disney cartoon often times seems preferable.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I voted for Looney Tunes. I like Disney, but for sheer volume I say LT. With the main Disney shorts, I like Donald Duck and the old Goofy instructional. There are others, but those are my favs. But with Looney Tunes, there's a much larger amount that I like. I could watch nearly ANY Looney Tunes short.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Looney Tunes--mainly those showcased in the Bugs Bunny show over the years--to this day remain the funniest, greatest cartoons ever made.

Looney Toons by far. Especially there stuff from the 40's when you could make fun of everybody and didn't have to worry about offending anyone. You know back when Americans had a sense of humor.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Gotta go with Disney here. Lots of great shorts, and then of course my life-long love affair with so many of the animated classics. I do really enjoy the Looney Tunes shorts though.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Oh I HATED LT when I was growin up. It was always on and I was always forced to watch it. I never found it funny and I wanted someone to shoot bugs so I wouldn't have to deal with the stupid toon anymore.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

Court Magician
    Merrie Melodies wan't part of Looney Toons.(Blue Danbue, Milky Way) Shooting stars from the Planet Mars

Neither was Woody Woodpecker and that group

At any rate, I really have nothing against either set of cartoon characters.
    Last edited by ShinDangaioh; September 3, 2009 at 05:43pm.

I've no real preference between the two - but I have seen a lot more Looney Tunes over the years.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"From Hollywood to Babylon, holy war to kingdom come
    On a trail of dust and ashes, when the burning sky is done
    A tide of change is coming and that is what you fear
    The earthquake is a coming, but you don't want to hear"
    - Iron Maiden, "Writing on the Wall"

Disney by a million miles.

Like Divia, I disliked most of the Looney Toons lineup as a child.
    -Jon

The First He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Evil master of... stuff. He-Lurker's Avatar
    Disney by far. While I like Looney Tunes, Disney is in a whole other league. I'm a bit of an animation geek, and nothing holds a candle on Golden Age pre WWII disney

My choice from these two is Disney. There just is something on Looney Tunes that is too over the top for me.

- Joni -

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Loony Toons. Aside from a few of their feature films I didn't even like Disney cartoons when I was a little kid. Disney was always a little too saccharine for me.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Disney of course! I love donald duck and micky mouse!

Older Disney rules. I love the way music was part of the animation. Now they put the Jonas Brothers and most of their stuff is crap. I also really like Looney Tunes but still voted for Disney.
    MOTU collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patobot...617600/detail/ (53 sealed items)

POP collection: http://www.flickr.com/photos/patobot...668314/detail/ (36 sealed items)

Feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=176288

Updated: August 1st 2010

Disney of course!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Can´t really say. The styles are very different.
    The people that did both Disney animations and Looney Toons animations had great technical skills in animation.
    But saying what I prefer in terms of artwork I think that the artist that did the scenarios for Disney´s Sleeping Beauty (Eyvind Earle) was an awesome artist, for me the best scenarios ever in an animated film long or short where done by this man.
    Alice in Wonderland was a great movie too.

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    Looney toons, I'll take those older shorts I grew up watching over anything Disney ever put out. They were crazy, and the old, insane daffy duck was pure awesome.

Dsiney. Hands down. Mickey Mouse owns all.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Looney Tunes is far more entertaining and better. Give me Bugs, Daffy, Taz and Marvin Martian any day over Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Mickey Mouse or Pluto.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

hard to say

Disney (animated) = better films

Looney Tunes = Better toons on TV

Unedited Director's Cut
    Classic Looney Tunes shorts are beyond compare. While I enjoy a lot of the classic Disney shorts too, Looney Tunes dominates in that area. I love all the classic Disney movies, though. Too bad neither company has put out anything worthwhile in quite a long time.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Classic Looney toons then disney. I love me some old looney toons.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Brassy Baroness
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Looney Tunes--mainly those showcased in the Bugs Bunny show over the years--to this day remain the funniest, greatest cartoons ever made.
    This.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.