Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clamp Champ Thread

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Always liked Clamp Champ. Can't wait to see him in the Classics line!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Also he needs the afro from the Search for Keldor!
    Word. Give the brotha his 'fro or at least an alternate head with a 'fro.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    would like for him to get extra accessories:mini clamp, head set & power pack.
    i find him the be a very cool character but his look & lack of accessories & a cool weapon made him a bit boring.

he has amazing super senses & his weapon of choice is the clamp!
    so, he should get another extra mini clamp like the 200x & a head set like 200x.
    those would complement his talents.
    the head set could just slide over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    the head set could just slide over his head.
    If it works like most other toys, though, I'm pretty sure it would look bad. If he had a second head for it, though, like Fisto's second head for his headband, that would be cool.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Bring on MYP Sorceress! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Always liked Clamp Champ. Can't wait to see him in the Classics line!
    I was out of the line by the time Clamp Champ appeared but I'd like to have a Classics version since I prefer a more human element to my Eternian collection.
    MYP Sorceress is a MUST HAVE figure for MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    If it works like most other toys, though, I'm pretty sure it would look bad. If he had a second head for it, though, like Fisto's second head for his headband, that would be cool.
    second head with head set. okay that might be better after all.
    i had a t.n.m.n.t. that had a head set & a g.i. joe too.
    second head would be a better choice.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I'm sure he'll look exactly like the vintage figure, weapon and all. Since from the neck down he's basically the He-Man buck with Fisto's armor, I assume he'd be pretty cheap to make. So maybe they'd include an optional 200x hydraulic piece, and/or a second head with the headset attached. Or something new!

I would be surprised if he isn't one of the 2012 figures. But I've thought the same thing about Mekaneck and Stinkor for the past couple of years, so who knows anymore.

Well, the new mini comic shows his armor to be pretty different from how they render Fisto's armor, so I don't expect MOTUC Clamp Champ's armor to be a repaint of Fisto's. They've been pretty good at giving new characters individual armor - unless you're Evil-Lyn...
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

i had thought clamp champ would have already have been released by now just because he is simple. i suppose cuz' i expected him soon is why i'm so eager to have him be one of the next masters revealed with mekaneck fallowing close behind.

I think he'll come with the Fisto armor but with the 200x lion cloth and backpack (minus the hydraulic tubes) that the staction had. I was never keen on the headset though so I hope he doesn't have that.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    would it be cool if clamp champ was dekkers son. (or maybe grandson?)

dont jump the gun and say i am trying to make all of the dark eternians related, i just see how they are weaving alot of characters together in the bios, and i think it would be cool.
    THIS! I was thinking the same thing, especially as CC is Randor's bodyguard. Also, I'd love to see a Decker in MOTUC. He's pretty worthy for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I would be surprised if he isn't one of the 2012 figures. But I've thought the same thing about Mekaneck and Stinkor for the past couple of years, so who knows anymore.
    I have been very surprised that we haven't gotten Stinkor already! We already have his body, headsculpt, and shield. All that remains is his armor and possibly MYP oxygen tanks but otherwise he's already been created.

I'd still prefer they use the hairy Beastman buck to reflect the original cardback art but otherwise, he's a VERY simple figure to make requiring minimal tooling.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I have been very surprised that we haven't gotten Stinkor already! We already have his body, headsculpt, and shield. All that remains is his armor and possibly MYP oxygen tanks but otherwise he's already been created.

I'd still prefer they use the hairy Beastman buck to reflect the original cardback art but otherwise, he's a VERY simple figure to make requiring minimal tooling.
    My guess is he'll use the same tanks that Snout Spout has.
    @joshcrawley

cc would get his own pack not the same as snout spout. ss could share with stinkor though.
    and as for the headset, no harm in having another head. dosnt cost us extra & its a fun optional way of displaying your figure.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    cc would get his own pack not the same as snout spout. ss could share with stinkor though.
    and as for the headset, no harm in having another head. dosnt cost us extra & its a fun optional way of displaying your figure.
    I actually was talking about Stinkor (see the post I quoted). Admittedly, we shouldn't be talking about Stinkor in the Clamp Champ thread.
    @joshcrawley

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I'm definitely looking forward to clamp champ. I think he's a good candidate for the motuc fisto treatment - meaning many of his 200x elements could be included as separate accessories so you could basically make a classicized version of vintage cc or 200x cc with the same figure. That's my hope, but I would be happy with either look, honestly.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I'm definitely looking forward to clamp champ. I think he's a good candidate for the motuc fisto treatment - meaning many of his 200x elements could be included as separate accessories so you could basically make a classicized version of vintage cc or 200x cc with the same figure.
    I would hope Mattel thinks the same way because the treatment Fisto has received in the Classics line is something they should have done with Clawful, Buzz-Off, and Roboto.

For $30 shipped, I want display OPTIONS!!!

I actually was talking about Stinkor (see the post I quoted). Admittedly, we shouldn't be talking about Stinkor in the Clamp Champ thread.
    Nope, but talking about Stinkor is always awesome.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 13, 2011 at 04:39am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I would hope Mattel thinks the same way because the treatment Fisto has received in the Classics line is something they should have done with Clawful, Buzz-Off, and Roboto.

For $30 shipped, I want display OPTIONS!!!

Nope, but talking about Stinkor is always awesome.
    I'd also argue Marzo, Carnivus, and Faceless One would have benefited from the Fisto treatment as well.

And to bring it all back around... it's a good thing Clamp Champ has that long clamp to help keep Stinkor as far away from his nose as possible!
    @joshcrawley

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

And to bring it all back around... it's a good thing Clamp Champ has that long clamp to help keep Stinkor as far away from his nose as possible!
    Or to clip on his nose so he can't smell Stinkor
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    So we know Fisto`s armor, we know how Clamp Champ`s will look like.

I think, it`s the same with the Stinkor/Mekaneck Armor: Same front piece, different back piece.

I always thought that Clamp Champ is acool character, so I wouldn`t be surprised, if they make him in 2012, because he is a easy one.

After seeing Snout Spout's clamp piece, I can't wait to see what they do with CC's clamp piece!
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    I'm definitely looking forward to clamp champ. I think he's a good candidate for the motuc fisto treatment - meaning many of his 200x elements could be included as separate accessories so you could basically make a classicized version of vintage cc or 200x cc with the same figure. That's my hope, but I would be happy with either look, honestly.
    i hope that is what they will do so he is more interesting.

Elder Councilman

Fisto got me thinking about Clamp Champ

Ya think we'll get a headbanded Clamp Champ head as well as one without?

toss in the backpack that his staction had, and I might actually warm up to the character this go round.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

i do hope he gets alot of 2000x love....he needs it

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

HD figures on youtube
    I always liked Clamp Champ, even as a kid. For some reason, I always used him as Randor's royal bodyguard.