Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clamp Champ Thread

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I can now rest easy. check cc off my list, next up extendar!
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, King Miro, Melaktha, Crystal-Man, ABC Giants, Stridor, Road Ripper, Land Shark

I'm glad to see that Clamp Champ is coming. Now it's time for me to pick up a vintage Clamp Champ...

CLamp Champ is one of my all time favs. I might be more excited for him then Rammy.

I am really pumped to because while there talent shows on monsters skull faced warriors and crab people i think the Four horsemen really show there talent on there human head sculpts and the humans often end up being my favorite charactes sculpted

Bring on MYP Sorceress! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He's coming....
    Like I said, I would have been shocked if he wasn't included in the 2013 subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    OK we saw his weapon but like Snake Face NO figure yet so it's not 100% yet...
    Unlike Snake Face, there is very little to sculpt, so I'm going with 100% certainty on Clamp Champ in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Abs and no stomach paint, please!!!
    Exactly! I hate the way it looks on Fisto. It's the only thing I don't like about Fisto. From a mix and match or customizing standpoint, it limits display options.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    i think the Four horsemen really show there talent on there human head sculpts and the humans often end up being my favorite charactes sculpted

It's my understanding that the 5th Horseman sculpted both Fisto and Bow's face. If that's the case, they are EXTREMELY good on human head sculpts. I'm sure the very same person made the upcoming Jitsu face as well. I'm looking forward to another badass sculpt for Clamp Champ.

Bring on some 200X inspiration!!!
    Clamp Champ.jpg
    Last edited by MasterCollector; September 30, 2012 at 02:07am.
    MYP Sorceress is a MUST HAVE figure for MOTUC!

I really hope he gets that belt!

Has there been any speculation that Clamp Champ is Sir Laser Lot? They're both mentioned as being the future Man-at-Arms. Maybe Laser Lot's curse has been broken, but as a result, he can't create laser weapons anymore, so he develops an unhealthy obsession with clamps!

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I really hope he gets that belt!

Has there been any speculation that Clamp Champ is Sir Laser Lot? They're both mentioned as being the future Man-at-Arms. Maybe Laser Lot's curse has been broken, but as a result, he can't create laser weapons anymore, so he develops an unhealthy obsession with clamps!
    Clamp Champ or Dekker are NOT related to SLL
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Cool, thanks!

I guess I'll have to Keep Reading the Bios™ to see what the deal is with Clamp Champ's time as MAA.

Heroic Warrior
    I really want to see what happens to him after the war in the 3rd mini-comic, maybe after He-Man and She-Ra left the planet, the task of rounding up the rest of the bad guys and the death of Duncan still fresh in his mind, Clamp Champ was unable to fulfill his duties as Man-At-Arms and retired from being a Master. That's when King He-Man sent for Sir Laser Lot, If Clamp Champ was to be in the "He-Ro: Son of He-Man" faction I would understand a small roll, maybe going into town for supplies and helping out a villager. Always being asked to come back by the Masters but with a heavy heart he always say's no. Even when asked by Queen Teela. For me it would be so cool if Kay-La(from He-Ro Son of He-Man) is Clamp Champ's Daughter. Seeing his daughter join the ranks of the Royal Guard, may be the one thing that would helped him get back into action with the Masters from time to time.

Glad he's on his way! Now I wish I was excited for more than just Champ Clamp himself. I never had 'em but I always thought he was cool just 'cause of how he was portrayed in the minicomic: catching an arrow out of the air and then rushing Ninjor and coldcocking him in the FACE. That was enough to sell me on the character...now I just hope he comes with something other than the clamp! I know it's his thing, but PLEASE Horsemen, come up with something interesting for an extra!

Now for the clamp itself: Boy I hope it clamps. I mean it's so huge as it is, there's no reason to leave out the original action feature. I mean it would just be so boring to have such a huge accessory with room for a feature, but then have the clamps just open and close manualy. The feature won't get in the way if it's in an accessory!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Glad he's on his way! Now I wish I was excited for more than just Champ Clamp himself. I never had 'em but I always thought he was cool just 'cause of how he was portrayed in the minicomic: catching an arrow out of the air and then rushing Ninjor and coldcocking him in the FACE.
    I don't think I ever read the minicomic back then but I always thought MOTU lacked enough human characters. When Clamp Champ came out, I was pleased there was finally another human character in the mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    I don't think I ever read the minicomic back then but I always thought MOTU lacked enough human characters. When Clamp Champ came out, I was pleased there was finally another human character in the mythos.
    Ya know, I was thinking of that as well! I like that fact that he's a plain 'ol human with amazing senses and strength. He's sorta like the Batman of MotU, in that he's just SO well trained that you'll have a heck of a time getting the drop on him. It's great because there's few like him; Fisto has his big fist, MAA is a tech guy, He-Man is superpowered, and Ram Man is very unique in build and body. Champ Clamp is simply a human with his body and all his senses trained to the peak. I love that!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Ya know, I was thinking of that as well! I like that fact that he's a plain 'ol human with amazing senses and strength. He's sorta like the Batman of MotU, in that he's just SO well trained that you'll have a heck of a time getting the drop on him. It's great because there's few like him; Fisto has his big fist, MAA is a tech guy, He-Man is superpowered, and Ram Man is very unique in build and body. Champ Clamp is simply a human with his body and all his senses trained to the peak. I love that!
    EXACTLY, which is why I dig him!

I envision him as what he was originally intended to be: The Heroic master of Capture (and not the next Man at Arms) I see him as a physically peaked Eternian / human who is the "Bounty Hunter" or as I have canonized him the Eternos Prison Warden. Since he doesn't have any powers, he relies on his training (from daddy Dekker) and his superior physical training & knowledge in capture to maintain the evil of Eternia captive, in which at times he joins He-man and crew on adventures when needed.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Here is a photo I took of the clamp at Power-Con. Really excited to be getting Clamp Champ!

clamp.jpg

Awesome pic! The best yet. The details are awesome.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

film noir warrior maltesefalcon's Avatar
    id like him to come with vykrons forearms, those gauntlets would give some difference between him and fisto
    when your world turns upside down, laugh at the people standing on their heads!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBeast View Post
    Here is a photo I took of the clamp at Power-Con. Really excited to be getting Clamp Champ!

clamp.jpg
    Hopefully, they redesigned that large holster on back to a much smaller one that can hold his clamp AND MAYBE EVEN THE VINTAGE INSPIRED FISTO SWORD. Oh yeah, the should also drop the lower metallic torso and make him an all flesh colored torso figure.

July 2013 will see Clamp Champ with new armor according to Scott at NYCC.

I think he looks great, older than I would have thought, but still I like him a lot. it looks like the guy who sculpted Rammy's face also sculpted clampy's
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I think he looks great, older than I would have thought, but still I like him a lot. it looks like the guy who sculpted Rammy's face also sculpted clampy's
    I can see that, but my first thought was that with that level of detail, it was the same guy who sculpted Fisto's face. Either way, the head makes a TON of difference for me - it turns CC from a guy who's a near-total parts reuse into a figure who actually looks like a fresh, distinctive character.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    We got Clamp Champ with LOADS of 200X flavor!!!!!

His backpack, second pincer and his armor (which has the same designs as the staction) is from 200X.

Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 13, 2012 at 09:24pm.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

CC looks better than I expected. Great head sculpt!
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hultquist View Post
    I can see that, but my first thought was that with that level of detail, it was the same guy who sculpted Fisto's face. Either way, the head makes a TON of difference for me - it turns CC from a guy who's a near-total parts reuse into a figure who actually looks like a fresh, distinctive character.
    I don't know if it's the same guy as fisto and bow, it might be but the style feels different fisto and bow have the same feel and clampy and rammy have the same as eachother (to me) but different thant fisto and bow.

ah well I still like it, not what I pictured but it's very good.

I love the added details to the armour too to separate him more from fisto, and adding the mini clamp and staction backpack, makes the figure feel more new than not too. wish he came with a belt piece like fisto did. but that's just nit picking.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Head is perfect, love the 200x details, this is a figure that got some improvements...

Cool...

Heroic Warrior
    Clamp Champ looks great, he has a great head sculpt, can't wait to get him

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Creator of Kaiju Kaos.