Page 114 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114
Results 2,826 to 2,836 of 2836

Thread: What's your latest Vintage MOTU score?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I got all this at a toy show over the weekend for only $60.

https://i.imgur.com/recdayUh.jpg
    Thatís a nice haul. Good score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in the saddle again

So, Iíve jumped back on board the vintage train and started to build up my vintage collection again. I gave my original collection to a friend when I was 16- I have missed them since even though it made him so happy!
    Grabbed a He-Man and Battle Cat And a small lot of figures. Even though these are probably boring to some, Iím really excited to be Back in the game.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post
    So, Iíve jumped back on board the vintage train and started to build up my vintage collection again. I gave my original collection to a friend when I was 16- I have missed them since even though it made him so happy!
    Grabbed a He-Man and Battle Cat And a small lot of figures. Even though these are probably boring to some, Iím really excited to be Back in the game.
    Evil-Lyn needs some reinforcements!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Evil-Lyn needs some reinforcements!
    She sure does! I missed a really nice panthor and skeletor because I didnít bid enough but, Iím not trying to break the bank

I have beast man on the way and looking for a good skeletor (regular and battle armor). Trying to rebuild the collection starting at wave 1 but, I like lots/groups of figures so, undoubtedly I will get them out of order(not that it really matters). I never got any figures past wave 2 when I was young so, Iím excited to go on this journey

I even love Rokkon! Heís a rock. Lol. Iím curious about his backstory and I need a Stonedar now!

Heroic Warrior
    Local thrift store finds. $20 for Spin Blade Skeletor complete(cheapest on eBay $28). $35 for disco Skeletor no sword(no eBay to compare, only complete is MOSC AFA for $100)- anyone have a sword to this one they can sell me?

skeletors.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Local thrift store finds. $20 for Spin Blade Skeletor complete(cheapest on eBay $28). $35 for disco Skeletor no sword(no eBay to compare, only complete is MOSC AFA for $100)- anyone have a sword to this one they can sell me?

skeletors.jpg
    Great score! I havenít seen any action figures in any thrift stores around me for over a decade.

Heroic Warrior
    I only have 2 thrift stores near me currently- a small charity shop that relies on donations or stuff they buy at discount. I've found useful things there but they rarely have much anything of value or interest(though I got a Neca Super Shredder there recently). Store space is about 40% clothing & 50% furniture. The second shop splits the usual thrift store with a collectibles/valuables section, expensive stuff in cases. But they're only open when the owner feels like it, not daily, so I've only been in a few times but usually find much better stuff there.

I did search for gold skeletor(I think officially it was just "Skeletor" on the package) & found a carded Disco for $65 shipped... I doubt the sword is worth an extra $30. Mine has flawless chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I only have 2 thrift stores near me currently- a small charity shop that relies on donations or stuff they buy at discount. I've found useful things there but they rarely have much anything of value or interest(though I got a Neca Super Shredder there recently). Store space is about 40% clothing & 50% furniture. The second shop splits the usual thrift store with a collectibles/valuables section, expensive stuff in cases. But they're only open when the owner feels like it, not daily, so I've only been in a few times but usually find much better stuff there.

I did search for gold skeletor(I think officially it was just "Skeletor" on the package) & found a carded Disco for $65 shipped... I doubt the sword is worth an extra $30. Mine has flawless chrome.
    There are a lot of thrift stores around my area but, there are more than enough resellers that pretty much have a scorched earth policy when it comes to thrift stores(or even target and Walmart). I used to score so many toys, figures and records but, unfortunately itís all washed up for now.

- - - Updated - - -

This weekís acquisitions. Beast Man with his yellow, battle pack armor(gonna need some red armor) and Screech. I never had Screeech as a kid. I love how the wings ore floppy so you can make him fly. Itís the simple things, sometimes

- - - Updated - - -

Found a nice Roton at a local toy store today for $10. 1 sticker is askew- anyone have some tips on safe removal so I can reposition it? Otherwise, itís in great working shape

Jealous of that Screech! Looks awesome!

I just received an original Slime Pit. It has been a long time want that I'd been holding off on buying. Very happy with my purchase
    ďIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Jealous of that Screech! Looks awesome!

I just received an original Slime Pit. It has been a long time want that I'd been holding off on buying. Very happy with my purchase
    Thanks! I planned on restarting my collection from wave one but, I got a good deal on him with beast man so...

Also, I finally found a good condition Panthor and a half-boot Skeletor- waiting for those to come in the mail. Vintage collection rebuilding is fun!

- - - Updated - - -

He has arrived! Really excited and happy with this one. I believe itís a second 8-back Skeletor with soft head, half boots, no orange cheeks, blue in the eyes- correct me if Iím wrong.

Heís not perfect and needs a good cleaning but, Iím very happy. Panthor is in good shape but has some fur wear and the eyes are a little faded. Might replace him in the future but, heís got a good side so...

I got some new wings to replace the broken ones on my Stratos. Nice to have him complete again. They came with a minicomic that I never had before, The Power of Point Dread.
    This message has been Orko Approved