Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111
Results 2,751 to 2,773 of 2773

Thread: What's your latest Vintage MOTU score?

Widget
    all of that is correct....it's kinda haphazard and clobbered together

and that is a custom kratos i made from a broken triklops

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...4&d=1629921337
    All I see here are Webstor without his right arm, Prince Adam dressed in purple holding He-Man's axe instead of his sword, 2 Man-at-Arms figures without their armour; one of them is moustached just like its cartoon counterpart, while Battle Armour Skeletor wears a purple cape.
    And by the way, who is that between Prince Adam and Zodac?
    That would be Kratos from the God of War video games.

However that's invalid because, Rio Blast with Transformers War for Cybertron blast effects.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

Latest ebay get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got all 4 Golden books in one deal and I just got my DC MOTU Omnibus. My MOTU book game is up indeed.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by motogp_fanatic; October 16, 2021 at 10:38am.
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Got all 4 Golden books in one deal and I just got my DC MOTU Omnibus. My MOTU book game is up indeed.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...f9e0f3b536.jpg

Yeah, I went on a real kick with all that stuff lately myself. If only I could find the "Power From The Sky" book for less than $100! I'd be all set.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    Yeah, I went on a real kick with all that stuff lately myself. If only I could find the "Power From The Sky" book for less than $100! I'd be all set.
    Good luck, I'm sure that book will pop up for you eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Good luck, I'm sure that book will pop up for you eventually.

Here's hoping. I mean, I definitely have found it... but not for less than $100. And that's just plain more than I feel comfortable spending on a vintage Golden book, is all. But who knows what the future holds? Fingers crossed!
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Here's hoping. I mean, I definitely have found it... but not for less than $100. And that's just plain more than I feel comfortable spending on a vintage Golden book, is all. But who knows what the future holds? Fingers crossed!
    I saw one for around $60 shipped not too long ago on etsy but it was gone when I went back to get it.
    Instagram: dadhausen

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjoe View Post
    Latest ebay gethttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...613b2f685e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice, congrats! The 3 dinosaurs are awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Yikes! And to think I used to find these books at second-hand stores for a quarter or 50 cents apiece.

That is quite expensive. The most expensive I spent with this vintage book is 10usd and the cheapest is 3usd. I just keeping an eye for this and not really hunting for it. That feeling of "surprise" is fun with these books.

Took a lot longer to get this vid done than was expecting, but James kept starting new eBay blowout sales, so I ended up buying a fair few cels!

Anyway, this is my latest unpacking video, and I keep talking in this weird voice, mainly so not to disturb the neighbours... thin walls... but I hope you like my score:

Demand quality.

Found a loose Cometroid for $20 at a local toy shop
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

I picked up some vintage figures, all complete and in great shape. But I had a question about one and thought I'd ask it here instead of starting some new thread.

One of the figures I picked up was Roboto.

Were there color variations to this figure? I know many figures had color variations, but I wasn't sure about Roboto.

I have a vintage Roboto already and his pants legs are bright red and the crotch piece of the pants is purple. Then he has silver/metal boots and the same for the vents above his knees.

But on the Roboto I got today the pants legs are more maroon colored, and the boots and vents are more of a purple-ish color, more like the crotch piece of his pants. I see on ebay there are many both ways.

Was this a variation, or when this figures colors fade over time, is that the result? The red turns maroonish and the silver, metal parts turn maroonish and purpleish?

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer82 View Post
    I picked up some vintage figures, all complete and in great shape. But I had a question about one and thought I'd ask it here instead of starting some new thread.

One of the figures I picked up was Roboto.

Were there color variations to this figure? I know many figures had color variations, but I wasn't sure about Roboto.

I have a vintage Roboto already and his pants legs are bright red and the crotch piece of the pants is purple. Then he has silver/metal boots and the same for the vents above his knees.

But on the Roboto I got today the pants legs are more maroon colored, and the boots and vents are more of a purple-ish color, more like the crotch piece of his pants. I see on ebay there are many both ways.

Was this a variation, or when this figures colors fade over time, is that the result? The red turns maroonish and the silver, metal parts turn maroonish and purpleish?
    Not sure about the leg colour, but the red legs bleed through the silver boots over time. Give it a bath in the sink with liquid soap and scrub the hell out of the boots with an old toothbrush. The boots will turn silver again (at least for a while).

Managed to score a A Hero In Need by Golden Book off eBay... not in best conditions, but at least buying it didn't destroy the bank:

Last edited by Zentron; October 27, 2021 at 06:14am.
    Demand quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Managed to score a A Hero In Need by Golden Book off eBay... not in best conditions, but at least buying it didn't destroy the bank:

https://cdn-thumbs.imagevenue.com/1a...ME13ZVCQ_t.jpg https://cdn-thumbs.imagevenue.com/ca...ME13ZVCR_t.jpg
    Congrats on your score, owning the vintage books is really so nostalgic. I love it also when my daughter read it for us.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to try and restore the book as best I can, I just need to learn how to remove rust stains from paper... if it's possible of course!
    Demand quality.

Kind of a bummer, but a neat thing just to have I guess. I picked up an issue of the old MOTU magazine at a collectibles store, and when I looked at it in the car half the pages were missing. I still might've gotten it just to have but I would've tried to pay less than I did.

I had several issues of that magazine as a kid and I really wish I still had them. Sigh.

Got lucky at a V-Stock store in Missouri and found a vintage Ram Man figure.

I went to a Collectable store yesterday which was owned by one of my wifeís patients. She told my wife to tell me to come take a look. Place was just ok but found a horde trooper for $20. Not complete and I didnít really need another one but at that price why not
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glen_Parks View Post
    Hey everyone. First port here. I probably had every figure and playset when I was young. The only one I still had left was RamMan. Until this morning when I stumble upon a bag of figures at a garage sale and I instantly knew what it was. They only asked 5 bucks for the entire lot and I couldn't pay fast enough. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...162d90fd03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That's incredible. Well done.

I got a Rattlor from ebay I'm just waiting for it to come in the mail.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 11/6/2021

Rattlor was always one of my favorites as a kid! Such a cool figure.