Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109
Results 2,701 to 2,718 of 2718

Thread: What's your latest Vintage MOTU score?

Court Magician
    Won a complete vintage He-Man earlier today, and was excited as I have been looking for a good He-Man for a long time. But the buyer cancelled my order shortly after I paid. Issue with the listing price.

Ugh. I guess the hunt continues.

...on the plus side, I've got a loose Commemorative Skeletor coming my way. Just wish I could find a decent He-Man to go with him! I wish I could get the Commemoratives for less than $80. Those things have skyrocketed in price!
    Last edited by Creature22; February 9, 2021 at 11:43am.

Whooo, my vintage Screech came today! It's in fantastic shape, too, practically brand new! Wings are nice and straight, and the armor and other accessories are still in the sealed bag. Seller said it was hardly ever touched, and I believe it.

On top of that, my vintage Gwildor figure came today as well, earlier than expected! This is one I never had as a kid, so I'm really happy to finally have him in the collection.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Here's my haul this week, also got a mint Attack Track and first run USA WindRaider. 20210213_171344.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adam03; February 13, 2021 at 08:15pm.

I got a couple more of the old Golden books in the mail today - The Trap, The Thief of Castle Grayskull, Caverns of Fear, and The Sword of Skeletor. I already had them all since I was a kid, but I was like two or three when I got them and so my originals are all scribbled in. So I wanted some copies that were in nearly pristine condition, which these are.

I also got a vintage 63-piece puzzle in the mail, as well, the one where He-Man, Teela, and Man-E-Faces are in the stairwell with Skeletor, Evil Lyn and Beast Man. I always really liked that one. Again, I had it as a kid but I lost most of the pieces for it so I'm glad to have it back.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Won two MOTU cels from James Eatock's last eBay blowout, here is my unpacking vid:

And won a book called Secret of the Dragon's Egg, not arrived yet tho.
    Demand quality.

I just got "Secret of the Dragon's Egg" last week, to replace the one I lost as a kid. Good score.

Some stuff I ordered came in the mail today. I got the claw and axe for Roboto, which I lost forever ago, so pretty happy about that. And the other day I bought a bunch of old Golden Books hardcovers I missed as a kid; "The River of Ruin" arrived today, the rest should be here early next week, weather-permitting, along with some other vintage toys and books I purchased.

- - - Updated - - -

Got some great stuff today... Golden Books hardcover "The Horde", Ram Man's axe, and Night Stalker, who's a bit dusty but otherwise complete and in great shape!

I've got a bunch of the missing weapons I need for the vintage figures I already own coming this week, as well as most of the Golden Books hardcovers. For as much stuff as I had as a kid - and it was a LOT - it's humbling how much I actually missed out on. But, better late than never!

- - - Updated - - -

Couple more things came in the mail today: "I Have The Power" Golden Books hardcover, "Meteor Monsters" Golden Book, Spikor's mace, and a near-mint Roton that I got for under $20. One of the stickers is a bit misaligned, but it's no big deal, looks great otherwise.

Court Magician
    Scored a few complete Commemorative figures the other day, all for the price of one. Finally got my hands on a He-Man as well as a complete Skeletor and Battle Cat. Looking forward to having them as most of my figures are childhood flea market beaters

My brother also got a few parts and some rubber bands to repair some of his broken figures from childhood. Man-E-Faces stands again and we've got a Tri-Klops ready for repair.

Widget
    Picked up a vintage Snake Mountain and Battle Ram recently and some repro chains for the mountainIMG_7295.jpgIMG_7292.jpgIMG_7294.jpg.

Wife bought these little dudes for me for Valentine’s Day. Also got Scareglow and he threw in a Skeletor for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Instagram: dadhausen

Quote Originally Posted by DadStrong View Post
    Wife bought these little dudes for me for Valentine’s Day. Also got Scareglow and he threw in a Skeletor for free.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...723ef2e2fe.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...57d98e06d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got a bunch of them too! He also threw in a Roboto for me for free. They are awesome, and in my opinion, way better than the World's Smallest ones that were put put at mass retail.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Court Magician
    Commemoratives MOTU.jpg

Got these in the mail today among a few other vintage figures. Got them for a good deal too! These three are the Commemorative versions but I think that they have their original weapons and not the reissue ones... anybody have any idea?

Skeletor's sword is from Taiwan while the staff is unmarked. All of He-Man's weapons are from the USA.

Overall I'm happy with them! Never got to have a complete He-Man or Skeletor before so this is exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature22 View Post
    Commemoratives MOTU.jpg

Got these in the mail today among a few other vintage figures. Got them for a good deal too! These three are the Commemorative versions but I think that they have their original weapons and not the reissue ones... anybody have any idea?

Skeletor's sword is from Taiwan while the staff is unmarked. All of He-Man's weapons are from the USA.

Overall I'm happy with them! Never got to have a complete He-Man or Skeletor before so this is exciting.
    You are correct sir, the Commemorative fogures have weapons with China on them and no date. You got vintage weapons for some reason

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    You are correct sir, the Commemorative fogures have weapons with China on them and no date. You got vintage weapons for some reason
    That's what I thought, but I'm cool with that! Unfortunately my He-Man shield is damaged (cardboard) and I don't know how to repair it.

My only guess would be that the original seller might have had a He-Man or Skeletor from their childhood that they swapped the fresh repro weapons with, and sold me the Commemoratives with the more banged up/original weapons instead. That's just my assumption, but I'm not going to complain! I guess it makes it easy for me if I ever want to try completing an original He-Man.

That reminds me, I've been buying up some of the missing weapons I'm missing for my vintage figures - I recently got Two-Bad's shield, Leech's crossbow and a few others; only need about 6 or 7 more and all the figures I currently own will be complete - but I am having a really crummy time trying to get a shield for my original He-Man.

Seriously, they're all either really banged up - in which case I'm not willing to pay the asking price - OR they're pretty pristine but the seller wants like fifty bucks. And I just can't justify that. I'd even settle for a repro, but not much luck on that front; now and again someone on eBay will pop up selling a set of repro He-Man weapons - sword, shield and axe - for about $25-30, but I haven't seen them show up lately. Real pain.

Anyways, today in the mail I got Cobra Khan, complete with his gun. I know I have Khan somewhere but I can't find him at the moment, and I needed his gun anyway, and the price of the figure with gun isn't much more than just the gun itself. So if I find the old one I'll have a spare, no big deal.

I also got a couple more Golden Books hardcovers in the mail. I almost have all of them, now.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I am having a really crummy time trying to get a shield for my original He-Man.

Seriously, they're all either really banged up - in which case I'm not willing to pay the asking price - OR they're pretty pristine but the seller wants like fifty bucks. And I just can't justify that. I'd even settle for a repro, but not much luck on that front; now and again someone on eBay will pop up selling a set of repro He-Man weapons - sword, shield and axe - for about $25-30, but I haven't seen them show up lately. Real pain.
    I've found that anything relating to the OG He-Man figure in general is super expensive. Even a beater with no accessories will normally sell for above $20. If I was good at it I'd figure out how to cast the weapons that came with mine and sell them cheap. That original shield is especially problematic as it has that cardboard component. I think the Commemorative is a solid piece which makes it a bit easier.

On a related note, the original weapons don't fit in the Commemorative figures' hands as easily. But they work perfectly with originals. I guess it's the plastic.

I'll continue the search! Bound to get lucky eventually.

I got another Golden Books hardcover in the mail today - "Teela's Secret" - and something else really cool for my vintage collection, although "technically" not part of it but it'll work great.

See, like a lot of us, somehow I lost my King Randor figure's cape as a kid and it's been bugging me ever since. They pop up on eBay and places, but usually for more than I'm willing to spend for such a flimsy-looking piece of fabric. So for about $20, far less than I see the authentic Randor capes go for, I found a really awesome royal blue cape with gold shoulder discs and poseable wire inside, that's apparently made for a 1/12-scale Marvel Legends Black Knight figure. I have to get my Randor out and stick the cape on him, but I honestly think it's gonna look a LOT better than even the one that came with the figure did; it's much more "regal" looking and the fabric is much nicer. Can't wait to finally have a "complete" (and dare I say "improved"?) Randor!

Just got 2 of these case fresh, uncirculated Hot Wheels. Made in Malaysia.
    Instagram: dadhausen

In 2004, a long-sought after item arrived in the mail: my first European release, the giant, Tytus. He was nearly naked, only his fuzzy britches and long, flowing locks to accessorize him. Over the years I slowly pieced him together until I had everything but his helm. Thus he remained for nearly a decade.

Today, seventeen years after I got that first naked Tytus, my figure is finally complete.

Crown for king!

tytuscrown.jpg