Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2718

Thread: What's your latest Vintage MOTU score?

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I just scored a wonder bread he-man for free!!!!

My neighbor is moving and he gave me a box of random figures because ďhe knows I like that nerd crapĒ.

Most of the box was broken useless junk but near the bottom was a legit Wonderbread he-man. I checked all the markings and he is real. He has no weapons. Heís a bit scuffed up but he is mine!

Very cool!

Before you never see him again, be sure to ask him where he got it from. Odds are he doesn't remember, but since we still don't know much about the figure, every person is worth asking!

King Kahn >>> Really cool that you got a free wonder bread he-man from your neighbor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane-Man View Post
    I will never try and get the Eternia playset as it is too expensive and I have nowhere to put it due to its size. So, today in the mail arrived the last playset I needed, Fright Zone! I got it for $57, and I was the only one that bid on it. I think the only reason that no one else possibly bid on it was the presence of a non-original puppet because I have seen puppetless Fright Zones that sell for more. The puppet included is an actual puppet, and besides the colour, it looks more akin to the box art than the incredibly goofy looking official one. I am a completionist, but I think this might be the only piece in my collection that I will happily have an unofficial/non-original element to an item. The trapdoor works perfectly, the gate is not broken, all latches and mechanisms work flawlessly, and the tree was the only thing with one break in a branch, but it was a clean break that glued together without issue. The paintwork is excellent also. I am delighted with this score:

Attachment 124511

Here it is on the bottom shelf of my cabinet which houses my MOTU collection:

Attachment 124512
    I never had it as a kid, but did have most of the Horde figures so always wanted it. I bought a fright zone as an adult for my collection as it fits the figures very well. Snake Mountain for Skeletor and the bad guys, Castle Grayskull for He-Man and the good guys, and Fright Zone for the Horde. If only they had made a playset for the Snake men. Meanwhile Eternia doesnt fit any particular group of figures, is expensive, breaks easily, and came late in the line so I was unaware of it as a kid so it holds no nostalgia value for me as a collector. I don't need it.

My fright zone has an original puppet in good condition (for display only no play) and was a major concern when choosing to purchase the Fright Zone. Could I even find a complete set in good condition? Im sure several collectors think the same, no wonder they didn't bite on your score. The dino puppet is a good replacement choice.

I also have Point Dread and the Talon fighter, I wouldn't mind getting a Slime Pit to consider my set "complete", but what was really needed at that point in the toy line was a snakemen base, not Eternia.
    Last edited by ravenloft; December 29, 2020 at 04:11pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane-Man View Post
    Even though I could afford to blow one to two hundred on a puppet, I cannot bring myself to spend that much. If I found one cheap, which I doubt will happen, I will go ahead and buy one, but I genuinely like the dino head puppet that the seller included with mine. That is good you got one with an original puppet. Do you have it on display or packed away?
    I lucked out and got a complete zone in good condition for cheap. I have all of my Masters figures and playsets on display and several other toy lines from my youth. My Kenner Star Wars are what is packed aeay due to lack of space.

Iíve never been fussed about the vintage figures, even when I had some as a kid I didnít have many, but Modulok and Multi-Bot are my favourite Classics figures so today I got an original Modulok and Iíve got another on the way just so I can have some fun putting them together, there donít seem to be many Multi-Bots on UK eBay and the ones there are are a bit on the expensive side at the moment but Iíll get one at some point.

Robot Clone in Space DarthFaker's Avatar
    I was gifted a black zodac armor and gun from a friend who owns a toy shop and snagged a Man-E Weapons maroon mace on eBay.

With all the fuss and hassle the pandemic and lockdown cause everyone, I am lucky to snag a few months ago my second Golden Book MOTU. Hope to get more of these.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior Granamyr's Helmet's Avatar
    I picked up a couple of the old magazines:

I found this great collection on You Tube. It has to be one of the best collections out there.

Heroic Warrior
    That's insane. The selfish part of me wishes I could see the North American version of that collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Viceroy View Post
    I found this great collection on You Tube. It has to be one of the best collections out there.
    Only one MIB Eternia and I'm supposed to be impressed?

Heroic Warrior
    I picked up a panthor with a green battlecat plastic mold underneath the purple flocking. Slight wear on feet and a few dings in the nearly pristine flocking showing green underneath. I had never heard of such a thing so immediately tried to search it here, apparently it has been discussed here before.
    green under purple panthors, red molded panthors from France, and a white/yellow plastic prototype...who knew? Not me, not until today. I only knew about the metallic purple unflocked Panthor variant.

I noticed immediately when I got home that the purple is more vibrant and rich colored than my standard (black plastic mold with purple flock) Panthor as well. I'm not really a variant collector, 50 Battlecats with different striping or shades of green isn't my jam, but now I am curious exactly how many distinct Panthor variants are known?
    I finally got my Mattel Big Jim Tiger (1978.) Took patience to find one that's for sure. I'm about ready to give up on a Mattel Tarzan jungle cat panther (1971), they don't seem to come up very often perhaps collectors already snatched them all up.
    Here are my mounts lineup:
    Savage He-Man on Big Jim orange Tiger
    He-Man on Battlecat
    Skeletor on my new green underneath Panthor
    moved Faker to my old Panthor
    Prince Adam on an Imperial Toys Dragons, Knights &Daggers Rhino with magenta saddle (1984)
    I would like to see my Scareglow on that Tarzan panther someday.
    My brother has one. I'm envious.
    IMG_40611.jpg
    Last edited by ravenloft; January 28, 2021 at 02:07pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Only one MIB Eternia and I'm supposed to be impressed?
    Good point, what was I thinking!

I got a great paint sorceress today with a 1982 complete Battlecat for $50 CDN. Sorceress is a bit yellow but over all she has great paint. Just need a staff now, and she will look great on my Eternia.

I lost the staff for my Sorceress forever ago, sadly. So I broke down and bought a repro online. Looks great, no complaints.

I got a complete Zoar online today for a good price. Should be here by next weekend.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Not sure why I don't come to the vintage section more often but I've had a few triumphs lately...

Besides finally getting a Castle Grayskull, I was delighted to pick these up at a local junk shop:

PXL_20201115_172343872.jpg

And this was a huge (minor) thrill at the beginning of December ... found a Screeech stuffed into a dollar bag of cheap toys! When I went in to the shop, the guy was apologetic... "sorry, no MOTU stuff today!"... but I showed him! Oh, I showed him...

PXL_20201130_030033858.jpg

(RIP Human Screech )

Quote Originally Posted by ersatz.kate View Post
    Not sure why I don't come to the vintage section more often but I've had a few triumphs lately...

Besides finally getting a Castle Grayskull, I was delighted to pick these up at a local junk shop:

PXL_20201115_172343872.jpg

And this was a huge (minor) thrill at the beginning of December ... found a Screeech stuffed into a dollar bag of cheap toys! When I went in to the shop, the guy was apologetic... "sorry, no MOTU stuff today!"... but I showed him! Oh, I showed him...

PXL_20201130_030033858.jpg

(RIP Human Screech )
    Awesome score.

By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    Awesome score.

Thanks! It's nice being able to still hunt a bit...but I sure do miss conventions and toy shows...

Online/eBay are just not the same.

They are not the same... but in a pinch, they'll do.

I have a Zoar and Screech on the way. Should be here in a few days. Pretty excited about them, as they were two of the first MOTU toys I ever lost as a kid.

I have most of the vintage figures I needed, except for the ones way over $100+. So for now I'm focusing mostly on picking up missing weapons, accessories, and the occasional vehicle when possible. The only two figures I'm really jonesing for are Blade and Gwildor. There's still a few others I need but they're just way too expensive, right now.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    They are not the same... but in a pinch, they'll do.

I have a Zoar and Screech on the way. Should be here in a few days. Pretty excited about them, as they were two of the first MOTU toys I ever lost as a kid.

I have most of the vintage figures I needed, except for the ones way over $100+. So for now I'm focusing mostly on picking up missing weapons, accessories, and the occasional vehicle when possible. The only two figures I'm really jonesing for are Blade and Gwildor. There's still a few others I need but they're just way too expensive, right now.
    I picked up a complete loose gwildor a couple of years ago for £4 on the uk eBay. My set is almost complete except for randor, ninjor and the sorceress. Even had spare hordak so painted him up to look like his filmation counterpart and gave two old Teelas a paint job etc and turned them into she-ra and shadow weaver. Seemed like a good idea that the time

It's been so long since I bought any figures, but I do remember a wonderful parcel years ago that had Classic MOTU Clawful, MYP MOTU General Rattlor and NA Hydron in it and another parcel that had POP Glimmer, Angella and Netossa.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I ended up getting a bunch of stuff last year. Sitting home, nothing to do... figured screw it, fill in some holes.

I ended up getting a bunch of figures I was missing from the vintage line, replacing some long-lost weapons on others, picking up almost the entire Super 7 "vintage" 5.5 Filmation line except for the variants, and about 15 or so Classics/Club Grayskull figures.

Good times.

- - - Updated - - -

NICE, my Zoar came today! I didn't take any pictures yet - it needs some very light cleaning - but it's complete and in great shape. There's some minor paint bleed and speckling under one of the wings but I really don't care about that. Just really happy to finally have this one back in the collection! Looking forward to Screech showing up, possibly by Monday.

I got a couple more moduloks and an almost complete multibot, heís missing a leg and half a gun, thus ends my dive back into the vintage line.

Wife picked up this fella last night at a comic store next door to the new yoga place she tried out. She knows Iím a sucker for a complete Roboto! Tight, everything works, pretty decent paint. $12 is a steal!

Instagram: dadhausen