Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Sell out times

MOTUC Sell out times

Someone asked for this in the Randor thread and I figured it might come in useful for other months as a reference

I may be off by 1hr or so (I am CST and the figures go on sale at 11am here) but everything is based on he-man.org postings from MattyCollector or Matty Facebook saying the figure is sold out

If anyone sees an error post and I will change it

King Greyskull (sold out time July 28, 2008, 06:37p)
    He-Man and Beastman (sold out time January 12, 2009, 01:03pm)
    Skeletor - ~10 days
    Stratos - 3 days 6hrs 40min
    Faker - ~3 1/2 to 4hrs
    Mer Man Shipment 1 - 54min
    Mer Man Shipment 2 - 50min
    Zodac 3 Days 21hrs
    Hordak ~1hr
    Man At Arms 41min
    He-Ro 2 hrs 41min
    Tri Klops 2 Days 6 hrs 14 minutes
    Webstor 6 days 1hr 29min
    Teela 3 days 22 hrs 30 min
    Zodak Bonus 12 days 3hrs 7min
    He-Man Reissue 6hrs 18min
    Scareglow 1 day 3hrs 7min
    Skeletor Reissue 39-42min
    King Randor 2 days 3hrs 38-45min
    The Goddess 13 Days 21 Minutes
    Princess Adora 27min
    Battle Armor He-Man
    Beastman Reissue 3 days

You can view a much deeper and thorough listing at Jafaristews site

http://motucrec.blogspot.com/

Last updated: Monday December 28th
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Do you have the info for Faker?

Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    Do you have the info for Faker?
    Roughly 3hrs using various sources
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Heroic Warrior
    Now if that isn't success, I don't know what is. Mattel has no excuse not to do more unique sculpts in the near future. They keep saying they're waiting to see how the bonus figures perform before making any announcements-come on, every single figure is selling out in a relatively short time-even characters like Zodak that are pretty low on the totem pole. Mattel knows this line is a runaway success so why not put the money into it and throw the fans a bone with some more unique sculpts. I know they say they are giving us "new" sculpts but the ones made so far (Teela, Battle Cat, Trap Jaw) all have parts that can be used again or are entirely reusable. I'm talking about unique sculpts like Leech, Mosquitor, Blast Attak, or Two Bad where it is a one use sculpt. Please Mattel, we know you guys are making a fortune on this line-more unique sculpts for 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by rocky_raccoon View Post
    Now if that isn't success, I don't know what is. Mattel has no excuse not to do more unique sculpts in the near future. They keep saying they're waiting to see how the bonus figures perform before making any announcements-come on, every single figure is selling out in a relatively short time-even characters like Zodak that are pretty low on the totem pole. Mattel knows this line is a runaway success so why not put the money into it and throw the fans a bone with some more unique sculpts. I know they say they are giving us "new" sculpts but the ones made so far (Teela, Battle Cat, Trap Jaw) all have parts that can be used again or are entirely reusable. I'm talking about unique sculpts like Leech, Mosquitor, Blast Attak, or Two Bad where it is a one use sculpt. Please Mattel, we know you guys are making a fortune on this line-more unique sculpts for 2010!
    We're supposed to get a unique sculpt with Orko and he's coming out in 2010. The more I think about it, I'd almost expect Two Bad or Ram Man to be the next 100% tooled sculpt after Orko. I'd be happy with either. Still, I agree with you on Mattel keeping us on pins and needles over what they're investing in. It's hard to miss how this line's picked up steam. Even a recent issue of ToyFare stated that every month a figure from MOTUC is listed in their Top 10 list for the hottest figures. People don't get on Matty's facebook and start slinging obscenities in Mattel's direction just because they hate the company. They're doing it because there's high demand and they want these figures. Ultimately everyone will be happy when they get what they want in this line and these sell out times show there's a lot of folks who are wanting MOTUC.

Also, Mattel might be realizing the error of their ways in their past MOTUC endeavors and they might be playing everything close to the chest to ensure the longevity of the line.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post

King Greyskull (sold out time July 29, 2008, 01:34am)
    I remember King Grayskull lasting 3-4 hours
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Glad someone took the time to compile this. Thanks!

I wonder how Adora will do...
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Heroic Warrior
    And what about Teela? With the whole mess of people getting messages that she was sold out before she was I think it screwed up the tally for her. I know of a leat one person that went on, saw she was sold out and then didn't bother to check back until it was too late and they never knew it was a temporary glitch.

What do we know about the production numbers for each as well?

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post
    There have only been rumors and guesses about the production numbers. They won't be officially given.

He-Man -> Faker had the starting production numbers
    Mer-Man -> Man-At-Arms had higher production numbers than before
    Tri-Klops -> thus far have had higher numbers than those before
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by the.overlord View Post
    I remember King Grayskull lasting 3-4 hours
    King Greyskull was available about 1 day, the earliest reports of him being sold out appear on a few websites around 1-2am on the 29th

Quote Originally Posted by tilt
    And what about Teela? With the whole mess of people getting messages that she was sold out before she was I think it screwed up the tally for her. I know of a leat one person that went on, saw she was sold out and then didn't bother to check back until it was too late and they never knew it was a temporary glitch.

Can't help what Matty does and does not do, the numbers above are only representing when the site said Sold Out or No Longer Available. Teela is always going to be an exception because of how badly Digital River botched her sale, but regardless of a few hours or days the range still fits in with the others.

Nobody knows the production numbers and we probably never will, ToyGuru and Mattel have stated they are legally unable to tell us. We can guess all we want and there a few threads that use our polls to try and guess at a good range using past announced numbers for convention exclusives as a guide.

The only thing we know for sure is when they increased production, which would be starting with Mer-Man and again with Tri-Klops, and when they are running limited production (Zodak, Goddess, Faker, He-Ro)

Mattel has stated that figures are made about 3 months out, so if a change needs to be made it will take 2-3 figures to implement that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar
    Glad someone took the time to compile this. Thanks!

I wonder how Adora will do...
    No problem, truthfully I figured you would have done it since I got a lot of the numbers from your posts in the various sold out threads

I will keep updating with each figure just so we can see if the line is starting to wane

I think Adora will do great, she is part of the royal family and I think there is quite a large amount of POP fans who need to be satiated that most orgers are underestimating

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    if we had the actual production numbers we could compare the numbers VS the sell out times

I have been keeping a blog record of such info as it interests me.
    Some are approximents but it's very accurate based on info from the Org...

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS:

MOTU = red
    POP = pink
    POG = green
    NA = blue
    200X = violet

0-X1. KING GRAYSKULL 7.24.08 SDCC version + Statue chase variant 4:1 ratio + Spirit variant only 2 made 1 for SDCC/ 1 for Dream Halloween benefit / 7.28.08 General Release sold out in 7 hours

1. HE-MAN original release date 10.31.08 changed to 12.1.08 sold out in 6 weeks
    approx. 10000

2. BEAST-MAN original release date 11.15.08 changed to 12.1.08 sold out in 6 weeks
    approx. 7500

3. SKELETOR 1.25.09 sold out in 11 days
    approx. 10000

4-5. STRATOS 2.15.09 sold out in 3 days
    approx. 7500

5-4-X2. FAKER 2.6.09 NYCC / 3.16.09 General Release sold out in 3 hours
    approx. 7500

6. MER-MAN (2 heads = Classic & 8-back) 4.15.09 1st figure w/increased production - 1st batch sold out in 1 hour / 4.29.09 2nd batch sold out in 1 hour

7. ZODAC 5.15.09 sold out in 4 days
    approx. 15000

8. HORDAK 6.15.09 sold out in 1 hour
    approx. 15000

9. MAN-AT-ARMS (2 heads = Classic & Cartoon + mystery item) 7.15.09 sold out in 45 min.
    approx. 15000

10-X3. HE-RO 7.23.09 SDCC version / 8.3.09 General Release
    (3 variation spell stones Red = rare/Violet = uncommon/Green = common) sold out in 2 hours & 40 min.

11. TRI-KLOPS (+ mystery item) 8.17.09 2nd figure w/increased production - sold out in 2 days 6 hours+

12. WEBSTOR 9.15.09 1st 2009 subscription figure - sold out in 6 days

13. TEELA 10.15.09 (2 heads = Teela & Goddess + mystery item "Zoar" [comic colors]) - sold out in 3 days 22 hours and 30 min.

B1. ZODAK (200X) 10.15.09/limited production (1st bonus figure) - sold out in 12 days 4 hours.

14. SCARE GLOW 11.16.09 sold out in 1 day 3 hours.

R1. HE-MAN (the original) 11.16.09 (2nd bonus figure/1st reissue figure corrections made) - sold out in 6 hours 15 min.

15. KING RANDOR 12.15.09 sold out 2 days 3 hours 38 minutes

B2. THE GODDESS 12.15.09

R2. SKELETOR (the original) 12.15.09 (2nd reissue figure corrections made) - sold out in 40 min. (new record)

future releases:

16. PRINCESS ADORA 1.15.10 1st 2010 subscription figure

B3. BATTLE ARMOR HE-MAN 1.15.10

R3. BEAST-MAN 1.15.10

17. TRAP-JAW 2.15.10 (2 heads = Trap Jaw & Kronis)

D1. BATTLE CAT 2.15.10

X4. WUN-DAR (2010 subscription figure w/map of Eternia) (moved up from 3.31.09 to 2.15.09)
    18. MOSS-MAN 3.15.10 (2 heads = Classic & Modern)

19. EVIL-LYN 4.15.10
    Last edited by JafariStew; January 3, 2010 at 09:51pm.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew
    I have been keeping a blog record of such info as it interests me.

Some are approximents but it's very accurate based on info from the Org...
    That is sweet, I will paste it into the original

Thanks my friend, I will be keeping it updated!!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!!

Jafaristew...the guy that coined the term "200X."

Thanks Guys - nice thread and it saves me the effort of looking it up myself.

Jafaristew - are the production numbers your own speculation or do you have a source on the "inside?" Matty treats requests for numbers as if they were the launch-codes to Trident Missiles so I'm always curious as to how/when we will ever find out just how sucessful this line truely is - the quick sell-outs only giving part of the picture.

Heroic Warrior
    mer-man and he-ro were sold out in less than an hour and now they can be bought for less than from matty at times. I think ******** have come in waves from the first few releases until the production numbers ran up and they couldnt get any profit then it dipped and now its in full swing again with the quick sell outs of the re-issues also helping sales of same release characters.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    thank you so much. -very- valuable thread.!!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    i didnt get the he-man or skelly re issue. i wanted 2 of each. but couldnt get them in time.

I think there needs to be a stickied MOTUC reference thread with links to all the regular updated threads such as this one, Partickfogarty's bio thread, the print ads thread, the release schedule thread and any other regularly updated useful threads

ha i was actually gonna take the time to make a thread like this today since i was bored and had the day off of work. looks like i don;t have to. good work guys keep it up.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

With all these quick sell outs, I think we deserve Ram Man and a few more unique sculpts now.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I think there needs to be a stickied MOTUC reference thread with links to all the regular updated threads such as this one, Partickfogarty's bio thread, the print ads thread, the release schedule thread and any other regularly updated useful threads
    I second this! If any, the release schedule should be stickied.

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    7.28.08 General Release sold out in 7 hours
    That's what I thought on King Grayskull. I remember him selling out in the early evening on the first day. Nice list.

Nice list Stew!
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Glad someonestarted this list and is keeping track!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/